Is the q10 supposed to take forever to start up?

Brand new out of the box on 10.1 it took a few minutes.

Now that it's on 10.2, full of bb and android apps, it takes an extra few minutes... about 5-6 mins to boot

Is this normal?
    04-10-14 07:52 AM
    The initial OS Boot to lock screen should be about 2:30-3:00 on a clean phone. Additional time is required after that to populate the hub. But you should be able to make a phone call within 3 minutes.

Once you start installing additional apps (especially side loaded or ported android apps) boot up times will vary, and excessive boot times can be caused by bad app ports causing OS to hang.

Also the longer you use your phone, and the more "stuff" that is in your HUB, the longer the HUB takes to load.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 08:04 AM
    Seriously? Perhaps it was an exaggeration, but I heard reviews claiming it booted in under 1 minute, and that the boot time was "so fast" compared to other phones. I also go off my friend's lumia booting in about 45 seconds.

thanks
    04-10-14 08:16 AM
    BlackBerry phones have always had long boot times, compared to many other devices. The PlayBook seems to take ages, and BBOS phones also were slow. I've heard the theory that this is due to added security measures built into the reboot process, to check the integrity of the OS and to block the various "exploits" possible in other OSes. This sounds good, but I don't know if it's true.
    04-10-14 09:19 AM
    Yup same here. I'm used to Samsung phones and they boot in 30 seconds. With the Q10, it takes a couple of minutes. Normal...
    04-10-14 09:24 AM
    Agreed with longer start up times as normal. U Tube had an in depth report by a proficient Indian reviewer last year of the Q10 who was quite dismayed by the lengthy start up and powering down times. This was all he complained of, not screen size or battery performance that is nom on this site.
    04-10-14 10:05 AM
    Agreed with longer start up times as normal. U Tube had an in depth report by a proficient Indian reviewer last year of the Q10 who was quite dismayed by the lengthy start up and powering down times. This was all he complained of, not screen size or battery performance that is nom on this site.
    I've never really understood this preoccupation that some people have with startup times. Rebooting my phone isn't something I expect to do frequently. When I do, it's really not a big deal to do something else for a couple of minutes. If the phone reboots spontaneously when I'm trying to do something, then it's frustrating, but the real issue there is the spontaneous reboot, not the time involved. My S4 reboots fast enough, but that doesn't make me any happier when it does so for no apparent reason, as it sometimes does (especially since the KitKat update).
    04-10-14 10:20 AM
    Simlock off, boot time back to normal. It's a flaw with some simcards since 10.2.1.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 01:22 PM