So Crackberry posted a story from reuters that John Chen said if he can't make revenue in handsets soon, BlackBerry wont continue making them......only problem is in the video interview this was never really said and CLEARLY reuters spun this.......Crackberry ran with it anyway instead of clarifying it, and was posted here by a Windows Central writer no less.

Words cannot express how dissapointed I am in this site right now, this is the lowest point by far here......sad.

When you're troll click baiting your own fans something is seriously wrong here...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Clanked; 04-10-14 at 06:58 AM.
    ATMJOE, zyben, thisiscjay and 28 others like this.
    04-10-14 06:46 AM
    I think what we saw here yesterday was not substantiated and I am saddened to have read it. I agree with you.
    04-10-14 06:51 AM
    Agreed

Send from my Q10 in Duracell Mode
    04-10-14 07:07 AM
    Agreed

Send from my Q10 in Duracell Mode
    Reuters and bloomberg are two of the most reputable media outlets, they don't make up quotes and endulge in libel. You assume all they had was the taped video interview. Let's see if Chen denies these quotes. I'm guessing we'll be waiting a while.
    04-10-14 07:12 AM
    it was pathetic and a "filler" story as it seems they had nothing else to write.
    LuisCast likes this.
    04-10-14 07:15 AM
    They just posted a story how Chen said his words were taken out of context! They also have the right to report about anything whether it's positive or bad!!!

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino and JesseBabe23 like this.
    04-10-14 08:48 AM
    They just posted a story how Chen said his words were taken out of context! They also have the right to report about anything whether it's positive or bad!!!

Posted via CB10
    Something really needs to change there. Every CEO they have ever had is taken out of context when they open their yap.
    deezy87 and JeepBB like this.
    04-10-14 09:13 AM
    Bloggers are not journalists. No matter how they try they are not.

Checking facts is a blog based website is a must.

We reacted to it and JC corrected it, again. The man needs to watch what and how is saying things. Otherwise he does more harm then good.

Do I am in favor or JC shutting up and start putting up.

We have had enough talk.

BlackBerry! Walk the walk! Or we walk!

Posted via Verizon Z10 - OS v10.1.2.2174
    lnichols, LuisCast and kevinnugent like this.
    04-10-14 09:14 AM
    You should be disappointed in the CEO, and in BlackBerry's continued horrible communications. This has been happening for years where the CEO says something and has to either backtrack, clarify, or out right lie (in case of the PlayBook) .

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino and kevinnugent like this.
    04-10-14 09:24 AM
    Mr. Chen clearly should have chosen his words more carefully. I too am disappointed with CrackBerry who normally would have been the first to expose the bad context of the Rueters headline instead of repeating and therefore reinforcing it!

PROUD to be the 1%! Z10 on T-Mobile, 32 GB PlayBook - Posted via CrackBerry 10
    acovey likes this.
    04-10-14 09:30 AM
    Something really needs to change there. Every CEO they have ever had is taken out of context when they open their yap.
    Bc the media are illiterate idiots who are more interested in click bait over truth

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-10-14 10:39 AM
    I agree as well. No more articles from competing Mobile Nations site authors. Somethings tells me that WP Central guy was all too happy to post that article.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 10:45 AM
    guys say whatever you want, but this is the last attempt for blackberry's hardware
    kbz1960 and JeepBB like this.
    04-10-14 10:46 AM
    I agree as well. No more articles from competing Mobile Nations site authors. Somethings tells me that WP Central guy was all too happy to post that article.

Posted via CB10
    Oh my goodness... the whole "us vs them" thing is getting a bit overdone.

IIRC, Sam is experienced with BB10 devices, and is a member of CB. Also, MN has stated that we'll be seeing more cross-pollination with regards to news. On paper, that should make reports more well-rounded. Bla1ze, for instance, writes across sites.

There is an inherent danger in accepting only the news one wants from the unilateral sources.
    04-10-14 10:59 AM
    Well, I mean we've already established that CB is no longer the great site it was made to be
    Kevin, along with all the others are essentially businessmen, and they really couldn't care less about that happens (ok, that's probably rather critical and severe and over exaggerated, but just run with it)
    Look, if they truly cared about BB, they wouldn't be selling random stuff on CB, including stuff for all different devices from other brands also
    If you look at the post quality, it is mostly fluff now instead of actual meaty information. Not to mention that the optimism they once had for BB is gone.
    It wouldn't and shouldn't come as a surprise that most of the founders are no longer those original BB fanboys. They jumped ship when they saw something better coming, but chose to run this site for $$. I mean the ads and their shop sales make them quite a bit of money I would imagine.
    If you're going to actually post something, verify it, especially when you do have the original video. You can't just say so and so said it. It doesn't hold up in court. If B copies what A said, and A said some slander, B could also be sued.
    04-10-14 11:07 AM
    Oh my goodness... the whole "us vs them" thing is getting a bit overdone.

IIRC, Sam is experienced with BB10 devices, and is a member of CB. Also, MN has stated that we'll be seeing more cross-pollination with regards to news. On paper, that should make reports more well-rounded. Bla1ze, for instance, writes across sites.

There is an inherent danger in accepting only the news one wants from the unilateral sources.
    The problem was with the info that he threw, I mean this is one of the most important BB fan sites, and you cant throw that kind of things without some confirmation at least.
    Clanked and bungaboy like this.
    04-10-14 11:13 AM
    So Crackberry posted a story from reuters that John Chen said if he can't make revenue in handsets soon, BlackBerry wont continue making them......only problem is in the video interview this was never really said and CLEARLY reuters spun this.......Crackberry ran with it anyway instead of clarifying it, and was posted here by a Windows Central writer no less.

Words cannot express how dissapointed I am in this site right now, this is the lowest point by far here......sad.

When you're troll click baiting your own fans something is seriously wrong here...

Posted via CB10
    If anyone followed the comments in said article I essentially went on a tear proving why it was bad journalism and had no place here...
    04-10-14 11:13 AM
    If anyone followed the comments in said article I essentially went on a tear proving why it was bad journalism and had no place here...
    If a bunch of random forum guys can rip it... shouldn't the guy who posted it question it before he did?.....The old crackberry would have NEVER posted that without checking the full interview first......sam might be a great guy but his post yesterday was an embarrassment......a lazy embarrassment. the guy should be ashamed to be honest. If it was my site he'd be reprimanded if we're being real here.

Posted via CB10
    maddie1128, Jake2826 and acovey like this.
    04-10-14 11:22 AM
    If a bunch of random forum guys can rip it... shouldn't the guy who posted it question it before he did?.....The old crackberry would have NEVER posted that without checking the full interview first......sam might be a great guy but his post yesterday was an embarrassment......a lazy embarrassment. the guy should be ashamed to be honest. If it was my site he'd be reprimanded if we're being real here.

Posted via CB10
    I haven't looked. How many other fan sites posted the same thing?
    04-10-14 11:24 AM

agreed i over the past 3 month i been feeling crackberry drifting away from being a hard core blackberry fan site
    Last edited by Elite1; 04-10-14 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Removed new post from quote
    04-10-14 11:26 AM
    Blah blah blah [Insert outrage here] blah blah. That's what happens when writers get too excited, they want to post first and then review the facts.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 likes this.
    04-10-14 11:27 AM
    i posted this in the comments in the "clarification post"

the mainstream news media posts sensationalist out of context articles for the EXACT same reason Crackberry did it. it generates clicks, which are more important than journalistic integrity.

waiting 24hrs to get the whole story and then post an article can be a huge loss of revenue.

it's very off putting for Kevin to come on here and say "it's ok that we did it because the comments cleared things up." that is such a cop out!

when i ask someone that's in the market for a new phone why they don't get a blackberry, 9 times out of 10 the first thing that they say is "blackberry is going out of business." i've been hearing it for well over 2 years.

the media, from blogs to national print media, has perpetuated this perception. and Crackberry has now shown itself to be complicit. it's a damn shame.

blackberry has demonstrated an ineptitude in marketing and media relations. i like the idea that someone posted. blackberry should only give interviews and exclusives to media outlets that have demonstrated a willingness to give the whole story and not ones that put up click bait.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    04-10-14 11:38 AM
    The problem was with the info that he threw, I mean this is one of the most important BB fan sites, and you cant throw that kind of things without some confirmation at least.
    Fair point, but then the beef should be with the editorial staff. An update was posted, too.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    04-10-14 11:39 AM
    I haven't looked. How many other fan sites posted the same thing?
    Very astute question.

I guess for me, there are two options when it comes to a news source I deem not reliable. I'd make my own, and/or stop using said site for news.

BTW, didn't Kevin put out a request for new blog writers? If folks think they can do better, have at it.
    kbz1960, Elite1 and KDB84 like this.
    04-10-14 11:45 AM
    I agree but again Chen has been very vocal where others have not! Also you can never control what the press wants to release!!!

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and Blacklatino like this.
    04-10-14 11:55 AM
147 123 ...