I had an interesting experience that runs counter to what reality says I should have had. I had a technical issue with Verizon and my phone(Z10) could only achieve 1X voice calls and intermittent data connections. Let me first say it was truly an experience stepping back into the dark ages of cellular technology. I began to remember what 1X was like and how much it seemed to suck when it was replaced. I used Wifi for data when possible just like I has always done previously to preserve my data usage. When I traveled I turned of Wifi until I reached a known Wifi connection so my phone was not hunting all the time. I also turned off roaming as it made little sense to have it on.

The first week I started to notice my battery draining at a rapid rate. I was at 70% from a full charge within two and half hours. I started to rapidly drain it to under 20% daily. The second week I experimented with turning off the cellular connection and using a VOIP when feasible. This helped some but when i restarted voice it drained quickly. The conclusion I came to was that the towers that carry 1X are not as ubiquitous as 4G or 3G and it was constantly searching for towers instead of handing off smoothly even though I did not witness it do this. When I was on 4G continuously my battery life was stellar and i never dipped below 50% by 5 pm unless my usage was heavy like watching movies or streaming music all day.

Verizon has seemed to have made some corrections as I am up to 3G with 4G popping up occasionally now. Hopefully they will sort this out soon.
    04-07-14 05:24 PM
    Yes this really sounds like a Verizon issue and and issue related to the towers in your area!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-08-14 01:13 PM
    I had an interesting experience that runs counter to what reality says I should have had. I had a technical issue with Verizon and my phone(Z10) could only achieve 1X voice calls and intermittent data connections. Let me first say it was truly an experience stepping back into the dark ages of cellular technology. I began to remember what 1X was like and how much it seemed to suck when it was replaced. I used Wifi for data when possible just like I has always done previously to preserve my data usage. When I traveled I turned of Wifi until I reached a known Wifi connection so my phone was not hunting all the time. I also turned off roaming as it made little sense to have it on.

The first week I started to notice my battery draining at a rapid rate. I was at 70% from a full charge within two and half hours. I started to rapidly drain it to under 20% daily. The second week I experimented with turning off the cellular connection and using a VOIP when feasible. This helped some but when i restarted voice it drained quickly. The conclusion I came to was that the towers that carry 1X are not as ubiquitous as 4G or 3G and it was constantly searching for towers instead of handing off smoothly even though I did not witness it do this. When I was on 4G continuously my battery life was stellar and i never dipped below 50% by 5 pm unless my usage was heavy like watching movies or streaming music all day.

Verizon has seemed to have made some corrections as I am up to 3G with 4G popping up occasionally now. Hopefully they will sort this out soon.
    With your device being a 4GLTE device, it is constantly searching for 4GLTE connectivity, thus the battery drain issue. Too bad we can't leave our devices on 3G or 2G only as we did on previous BlackBerry devices.
    05-08-14 03:50 PM
    With your device being a 4GLTE device, it is constantly searching for 4GLTE connectivity, thus the battery drain issue. Too bad we can't leave our devices on 3G or 2G only as we did on previous BlackBerry devices.
    We can:

Battery Life on VZW-img_20140508_220255.png

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 04:03 PM
    We can:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140508_220255.png 
Views:	279 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	268706

Posted via CB10
    No, You can. Try it on a VZW BlackBerry.

Battery Life on VZW-img_20140508_222331.png

The Mayor hath spoken.
    05-08-14 10:24 PM