Seeing as how since the latest T-Mobile software update to 10.2.1 has rendered both of my z10's unusable, I'm really left with no other options than to move to another platform. I hope BlackBerry sees this is a real issue occurring. Since I updated, both of my Z10 models, on official OS, have been rebooting dozens of times a day, if I pick up the device funny, it restarts. It's bizarre. It happens most when i actually go to unlock the phone right when I pick it up, sometimes while I'm on the device, but they're both doing it. I've changed batteries in both, no water damage, no battery bloat, they're both in pristine condition. Something is clearly wrong with the Z10 line as people all over the world report similar issues on these forums. I'd be extremely happy to get a Z30 honestly. I spent over $1000 getting these 2 z10's, but I was a sucker, those lost value instantly, they're new on craigslist around here for $100. The Z30 is something I'd definitely love to have but I won't pay $500 for it.

T-Mobile doesn't offer it so it can't be part of a bargain to replace my current phones. I've spoken with them at length about this and their response is that there have been numerous reports of this and that they can replace it with a refurb z10 or a q10. Neither of those options is acceptable. I'm confident I'll have the same issue with a refurb z10 because I'm quite sure by now that line actually has physical defects and faults to it. I'm basically out of options and in a corner here. I'd love a Z30 at $350, but that's probably not going to happen.
    04-07-14 05:18 PM
    sorry to hear about that... my experience with the z30 has been nothing but positive, so much so i can't be more than 5 minutes without it.
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    04-07-14 05:23 PM
    Wipe and load a different os????

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 05:26 PM
    Strange. I know at least 15 people with BB10 (mostly z10) and to this day not one person mentioned any problems with them. Rock solid.

I surprised you went for another Z10 after the horrible experiences you mentioned last year (gps not working, reboots).

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 05:29 PM
    Wipe and load a different os????

Posted via CB10
    It's been doing this since even the 10.2.1 leaks, I was hoping the official T-Mobile version may have fixed it, but it hasn't. So I'm guessing it's not software and has more to do with the poor thermal paste that some users on here have discovered with z10 models causing overheating and thus rebooting.
    04-07-14 05:30 PM
    Can you unlock it and load 10.2.1 from BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 05:31 PM
    Strange. I know at least 15 people with BB10 (mostly z10) and to this day not one person mentioned any problems with them. Rock solid.

I surprised you went for another Z10 after the horrible experiences you mentioned last year (gps not working, reboots).

Posted via CB10
    I had some issues with not liking maps, that has turned around significantly. I actually now can say I think BB Maps is better for navigation than Google Maps is, I've tried them side by side to show other people many times, BB Maps wins in this category. To be totally clear on the subject, if the BB phone isn't rebooting, it's my first choice now. The hub and the keyboard are irreplaceable. Don't get me wrong, I also have a Nexus 5 and I love that phone, for many reasons, but I'll take the BB for everyday usage like emailing, calling and texting any day of the week. Mostly because I can fly on it, but ever since these reboots started becoming frequent, it's just not a reliable option. I have looked everywhere for a good deal on a Z30, it just doesn't exist. The best option I've seen is buying a damaged one and repairing it. Still looking at $400.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-07-14 05:33 PM
    I read that rebooting can be from a loose battery. Maybe put something like skinny foam between the battery cover and the battery.

I had a z10 and it rebooted a couple of time. That helped but had it exchanged under warranty.

We have a fleet of z10s on rogers and l have not had complaints of them rebooting.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 05:37 PM
    Shopblackberry.ca has z30 for $499 cdn. That's about $450 usd with today's exchange rate.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 05:37 PM
    Shopblackberry.ca has z30 for $499 cdn. That's about $450 usd with today's exchange rate.

Posted via CB10
    looks like they're staying consistent across currencies. I realize that BB will probably have some new models later this year. If they do and I feel like it's a premium device worth the investment, I'll consider it. This whole situation just sucks honestly. I really want to use BB. I dunno, maybe the Z30 market rate will drop soon, or maybe the Z3 will be available soon as a cheap interim device (though I believe that phone is missing some core functionality)
    Both Z10's Now Dead, Out of Options!-screen-shot-2014-04-07-3.40.17-pm.png
    04-07-14 05:40 PM
    Why don't you do a warranty exchange and have them send you a new one? They say "refurbished," but every time I've done this, it's a brand new device.

I've had to replace my Z10s because of the blue screen of death issue on two of them, but in all the leaks, and even the official OS that came out recently, I've never had any of the issues you're mentioning... so it's not the Z10 line.

And I like how $350 is an acceptable price to you for a Z30. Off contract, right? $499 is a great price for it. It was on Best Buy for $699. I don't know how much cheaper people expect phones to be. FREE or $99 is a great price to me, but I live in reality and know that that's never going to happen.
    04-07-14 05:43 PM
    Strange, 4-Z10 in my household, all on T-Mobile in Ohio. No random reboots here. IMHO, wifi calling isn't right. It forced wifi to drop and wifi calls would drop after 2 minutes. Switched settings preference and fixed. Try going back an OS or play with those Tmo wifi calling settings

Posted Via CB10 via Z10 via BB10
    04-07-14 05:43 PM
    My old Z10 used to do this from time to time. Most of the reboot issue was due to poor connection to the battery points. I put a small piece of electrical tape at the other end so the battery was a nice tight fit and the reboot problems went away completely. Give it a try. Just make sure it's a nice tight fit such that you need an object to pry the battery out. . Good luck!

In addition a high resistance connection (poor battery connection) will cause high current draw and overheating.

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    Last edited by bigbadben10; 04-07-14 at 05:55 PM.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-07-14 05:45 PM
    Why don't you do a warranty exchange and have them send you a new one? They say "refurbished," but every time I've done this, it's a brand new device.

I've had to replace my Z10s because of the blue screen of death issue on two of them, but in all the leaks, and even the official OS that came out recently, I've never had any of the issues you're mentioning... so it's not the Z10 line.

And I like how $350 is an acceptable price to you for a Z30. Off contract, right? $499 is a great price for it. It was on Best Buy for $699. I don't know how much cheaper people expect phones to be. FREE or $99 is a great price to me, but I live in reality and know that that's never going to happen.
    I compare it with the closest device I can think of to the z30, which would be the nexus 5, which is $350.
    If it is really the thermal paste, you can buy high quality thermal compound for ten dollars and do a better job than any off the shelf device will have. Just remember that "less is more" with thermal compound.

It will be cheaper than changing platforms.

Posted with my BlackBerry Z10!
    Keep an eye on eBay. Every once in awhile a Z30 shows up cheaper than anywhere else. If you can wait that long, that is. Not sure about $350, tho....
    04-07-14 05:47 PM
    If it is really the thermal paste, you can buy high quality thermal compound for ten dollars and do a better job than any off the shelf device will have. Just remember that "less is more" with thermal compound.

It will be cheaper than changing platforms.

Posted with my BlackBerry Z10!
    Yeah I actually have some thermal paste, good stuff too. I may disassemble this tonight and do this myself.
    04-07-14 05:48 PM
    That's bizarre that both would be behaving that way. Loose battery maybe? I know this sounds ghetto but try wedging a piece of card or something to keep the battery snug and it's terminals contacted. If it's rebooting when you're picking it up, it may just be that. If you prove it out, you can think about next steps...

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 05:51 PM
    Reload the OS and if that doesn't work put it in for a warranty repair. Taking it apart without trying the first two steps seems silly. Best of luck.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 05:52 PM
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. Almost a year with my Z10 on T-Mobile USA and it is better than new with the official 10.2.1 update. Phone is absolutely 100% without a single issue. I can tell you that IMO it is not the OS and not all Z10's so there is something wrong with both of yours. Good luck!

PROUD to be the 1%! Z10 on T-Mobile, 32 GB PlayBook - Posted via CrackBerry 10
    04-07-14 05:52 PM
    I compare it with the closest device I can think of to the z30, which would be the nexus 5, which is $350.

Yeah, but Google and BlackBerry aren't the same. Google can afford to have lower priced phones because they get so much money from other areas, like ads. BlackBerry doesn't have that. Do you have insurance? I really think you should call T-Mobile and do a warranty exchange. It's like $5 added to your next bill to get a replacement.

They've probably gotten new batches of Z10s, or are using another part of their inventory than the ones you have.
    04-07-14 05:55 PM
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. Almost a year with my Z10 on T-Mobile USA and it is better than new with the official 10.2.1 update. Phone is absolutely 100% without a single issue. I can tell you that IMO it is not the OS and not all Z10's so there is something wrong with both of yours. Good luck!

PROUD to be the 1%! Z10 on T-Mobile, 32 GB PlayBook - Posted via CrackBerry 10
    Out of curiosity here, what is your location, and when did you purchase your Z10? I'm in LA and I purchased on launch day. I actually know 2 other people that have returned Z10's around here for rebooting. They've been fine since replacing though, so I wonder if there was something up with the initial run that's since been fixed.
    04-07-14 05:56 PM
    Yeah, but Google and BlackBerry aren't the same. Google can afford to have lower priced phones because they get so much money from other areas, like ads. BlackBerry doesn't have that. Do you have insurance? I really think you should call T-Mobile and do a warranty exchange. It's like $5 added to your next bill to get a replacement.

They've probably gotten new batches of Z10s, or are using another part of their inventory than the ones you have.
    I'm going to do this with one. The other one I'm going to attempt a repair myself as I'm genuinely curious to see what is up here. You may be right, I may get a new device, in fact I would say that's likely. Doesn't hurt really at any rate.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-07-14 05:57 PM
    I'm going to do this with one. The other one I'm going to attempt a repair myself as I'm genuinely curious to see what is up here. You may be right, I may get a new device, in fact I would say that's likely. Doesn't hurt really at any rate.
    Good luck. Keep us posted!

I can vouch for the awesome factor of the Q10, btw. I had the Z30 for a couple months and they are very much on par (both surpass the Z10).

Posted via CB10 on my beautiful Q10
    04-07-14 06:04 PM
    I'd say you got a bad batch there. I'd do the trade like you are. Then maybe you can sell it for something anyway if a 30 comes around in your price.
    04-07-14 06:12 PM
67 123