Anyone got the issue of setting up email and opening a email/deleting a email and the app clears your emails and sends you into the "set up now" pop up, im in circle mode here.

Same as wifi forgetting settings stored.

04-07-14 12:36 PM
    Anyone got the issue of setting up email and opening a email/deleting a email and the app clears your emails and sends you into the "set up now" pop up, im in circle mode here.

I got tired of it asking for my email password every other ******* day, so I deleted all my email accounts off playbook. It's a music only device now.
    04-07-14 12:50 PM
    Something has definitely changed, can't setup any new email accounts.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 01:50 PM
    I got tired of it asking for my email password every other ******* day, so I deleted all my email accounts off playbook. It's a music only device now.

Guess its good EU covers Europeans 2 years warranty, and Sale of Goods Act in the UK extends to 6 years.
    04-07-14 02:32 PM
    What happens to yours when you set up ?? Mine sets up, open 'messages' and it deletes itself of all emails then pops up for me to "set up" mode again, round and round the merry go round...No amount of reboots or reloads help solve the issue.
    04-07-14 02:35 PM

Just tested mine to see. Existing email accounts are working as normal, and I have just added a couple of Hotmail and Gmail accounts that were not previously on the Playbook. Set up was fine and both accounts send/receive okay. Sorry, I know that's not much help to you, other than showing that not everyone is affected.
    04-07-14 02:58 PM
    I've posted about this before, but I'll post here again. For those having problems with Messages, you should know that there are two email apps on your Playbook, Messages and android Email. Android Email can't be accessed directly from the desktop but can be accessed though a number of other apps. Perhaps the easiest to use is Quick App Manager, free in app world. Just open QAM, tap on the Email icon and then open. You'll be prompted to set up your account(s) from here. Email has several benefits over Messages, one, it loads quicker, and two, it doesn't have a 30 day email limit. You'll still get notifications of incoming mail (but only if you've opened the android player since your last reboot). It doesn't sync your contacts, but these can be imported via VCF files.
    04-07-14 06:18 PM
    Firstly thanks for the replies peeps.

Try the Android App.

Secondly the BlackBerry Support emailed me back & was as sh1t as usual, wanted $49 to sort a issue their update caused! And BlackBerry wonder why they are going down the pan. products and customer care, 3 devices in 3 years all under warranty they wont help...
    04-08-14 08:14 AM

Try the Android App.

Secondly the BlackBerry Support emailed me back & was as sh1t as usual, wanted $49 to sort a issue their update caused! And BlackBerry wonder why they are going down the pan. products and customer care, 3 devices in 3 years all under warranty they wont help...
    Do you run (sideload) many android apps? If so, can they be uninstalled for testing purposes? I am android-free and I tried an android app game. I suddenly had the keyboard lag experience that everyone complained about. Never had it before. Uninstalled it and reboot and it was back to normal. I'm just wondering if alot of these issues are due to a not-ready-for-prime- time android player. BTW, updated and I can add accounts at will.
    04-08-14 08:53 AM
    Also I forgot top add, when attempting to setup a new email account on the PB, each time after it denies the account I get a 'Suspicious sign in prevented' email response from Gmail on my other devices.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 06:56 AM

Try the Android App.

It may be linked to your wifi problem see eh? I had the same issue with wifi forgetting saved access points. Set them up again and everything worked fine until I turned the pb off and then it forgot them again. i fixed the problem and it's now fine again and mail is working perfectly.
    Gooseberry Falls likes this.
    04-09-14 07:07 AM
    Also I forgot top add, when attempting to setup a new email account on the PB, each time after it denies the account I get a 'Suspicious sign in prevented' email response from Gmail on my other devices.

Posted via CB10
    Yup, happened to me, too. My gmail account was being accessed in Jakarta. S_O_M had something to do with it...mutter, mutter...
    04-09-14 09:30 AM
    It may be linked to your wifi problem see eh? I had the same issue with wifi forgetting saved access points. Set them up again and everything worked fine until I turned the pb off and then it forgot them again. i fixed the problem and it's now fine again and mail is working perfectly.
    We're going to have to give him BEETROOT soup water torture to get the fix out of him....
    04-09-14 09:31 AM
    We're going to have to give him BEETROOT soup water torture to get the fix out of him....
    I ates yous grape an I ates beetroots see. I did have that wifi problem but I fixed it see eh? Still gonna get you at playtime grape?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 10:19 AM
    Do you run (sideload) many android apps? If so, can they be uninstalled for testing purposes? I am android-free and I tried an android app game. I suddenly had the keyboard lag experience that everyone complained about. Never had it before. Uninstalled it and reboot and it was back to normal. I'm just wondering if alot of these issues are due to a not-ready-for-prime- time android player. BTW, updated and I can add accounts at will.
    Nope was a straight boot from install ? Think Deezer is my only Andy app I downloaded after the issue, the android stuff is quite cool to have access too. I have not done the email setup on it yet. BB really need to update our Andy runtime if not BB10, really change some code for Kitty Kat too difficult for Playbook owners...meh.
    04-09-14 03:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    Bit concerning to hear that when BB prides itself on security...allegedly...
    04-09-14 03:57 PM
    Tried several friends wi-fi sources, no joy thanks anyway!
    04-09-14 03:58 PM
    Jakarta ? Your Playbook must be morphing into a Z30 in factory over there then lol lucky you, thats a Andy runtime upgrade for 1 of us lol

Joking aside thats very suspicious behaviour...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-09-14 04:00 PM
    Maybe he can fix runtime for us
    sad_old_man likes this.
    04-09-14 04:01 PM
    Yup, happened to me, too. My gmail account was being accessed in Jakarta. S_O_M had something to do with it...mutter, mutter...
    Yes, that exactly what it says. I won't be updating my other PB's anytime soon.
    Posted via CB10
    Attachment 261864
    Attached Thumbnails Latest update 2.1.0.1917 email not working-img_20140409_171629.png  
    04-09-14 04:18 PM
    Happened to me, so I deleted the accounts. Then re entered email address and password, let BB find the servers
    04-09-14 07:37 PM
    Maybe he can fix runtime for us
    As it happens Mr Orange I like oranges however I have never seen a square one before?

Anyway PLEASE DONT ASK ME WHY BECAUSE I DONT KNOW THE ANSWER! but when you update your OS there is a fundamental difference in the end result depending on how you install the upgrade? This is probably why some people have a particular problem with their pb's while others don't.

The wifi issue happened to me twice. The only way I found to completely eradicate the issue was to back up my pb (obviously), and then do a factory reset and reinstall the OS through desktop (I use bb link but that's my preference). Not an ideal situation due to the pb only restoring partial data but I just got fed up of entering the wifi details every time I switched it on.

Performing the OS upgrade/OS install through a pc seems in all aspects to result in a more stable OS than an OS upgrade/OS install done over wifi directly?
    04-10-14 07:07 AM
    Yes, that exactly what it says. I won't be updating my other PB's anytime soon.
    Posted via CB10
    Attachment 261864
    I think everyone actually attributed it to a gmail problem rather than BBRY. After the update, the gmail would not accept the password login. AOL IMAP and Yahoo IMAP ask periodically but usually accept the password; first time for gmail asking for password and not accepting it. Must have tried >10 times. So, I got the gmail hacker notice and they recommended changing the password. So I did and remade the account. Worked after that. PIA to resync the password across all devices, tho. What region are you in? Maybe Google is still having problems?
    anon(5597702) and sad_old_man like this.
    04-10-14 07:12 AM
    I think everyone actually attributed it to a gmail problem rather than BBRY. After the update, the gmail would not accept the password login. AOL IMAP and Yahoo IMAP ask periodically but usually accept the password; first time for gmail asking for password and not accepting it. Must have tried >10 times. So, I got the gmail hacker notice and they recommended changing the password. So I did and remade the account. Worked after that. PIA to resync the password across all devices, tho. What region are you in? Maybe Google is still having problems?
    Don't forget that the only way to access/control your email accounts, yahoo, gmail, outlook, hotmail is directly over the web. None of these problems occur if you do that but if you access your mail via a pb, pc (Microsoft outlook), mobile phone or anything else you are using a mail client. You have no direct control over your mail account or its settings in reality. If these mail providers update their system, upgrade their security then you will suffer problems on the client software. On a pc they usually work together with Microsoft and so your pc client software doesn't suffer. The mail providers however don't care about your tablet or phone client as that is down to the manufacturer. In the case of BB I don't think it would be an overstatement to say that open warfare exists between the two companies and therefore google will not support you and bb can't because google will not tell them what they have done?

Come on boys its not quantum physics is it?
    anon(5597702) and Cynycl like this.
    04-10-14 08:22 AM

I was just having the same problem with my gmail account, it kept telling me that i had the wrong u/p so i clicked on advanced setup then i click on add a gmail account, then where it says username i removed "@gmail.com" and on the following line i left the email field with my whole email address alone, and it setup just fine after that.
    04-11-14 01:21 AM
32 12