It could earn some money, it should be easy to code but I don't have a clue about developing on BlackBerry; BASH Scripting and php are my limits

PM me if interested?
    04-07-14 02:33 AM
    If you do decide to give it a whirl - using HTML should be comfortable for you with a PHP background.

Http://developer.blackberry.com/html5

Most of the developers I know are crazy busy building out their own app ideas. But if you have a small bankroll you could run it through guru.com or odesk.com as well.

Posted via CB from my LE
    04-07-14 11:43 AM
    Thanks for the tips.

Z10 until Z30
    04-07-14 02:26 PM
    Question I know that some devs make apps for Android or Ios then "port" to others like bb10 would it be possible to make a BB10 app then "port" to android? If so what would be the best way to go HTML 5? Cascades?

Posted via CB10 using my beautiful white Z30
    04-13-14 09:55 AM
    Question I know that some devs make apps for Android or Ios then "port" to others like bb10 would it be possible to make a BB10 app then "port" to android? If so what would be the best way to go HTML 5? Cascades?

HTML 5 or JavaScript is prominent for cross compatibility with minimal re-write of the code. Cascades is C++ derived (with QML to give it the BB10 "look"), but also at it's core can be written first then ported later, but it's more leg-work in my experience compared to HTML 5 or perhaps even AIR. I don't write Java.

I got hate on by people for not making some of my test apps "native" for BB10. Fact of the matter is, I want cross device compatibility with minimal effort. So yes, as long as it's written in a language that has broad support it's not an issue to move it from one to another, and doesn't require much effort to do so.

DM me for further technical info on how this is done in say Visual Studio or similar IDE. It's not as hard as it may seem at first, and I'm happy to help. :-)
    04-13-14 10:34 AM
    HTML 5 or JavaScript is prominent for cross compatibility with minimal re-write of the code. Cascades is C++ derived (with QML to give it the BB10 "look"), but also at it's core can be written first then ported later, but it's more leg-work in my experience compared to HTML 5 or perhaps even AIR. I don't write Java.

I got hate on by people for not making some of my test apps "native" for BB10. Fact of the matter is, I want cross device compatibility with minimal effort. So yes, as long as it's written in a language that has broad support it's not an issue to move it from one to another, and doesn't require much effort to do so.

DM me for further technical info on how this is done in say Visual Studio or similar IDE. It's not as hard as it may seem at first, and I'm happy to help. :-)
    Thank you! Means a lot I now have a better idea of where to go and I will DM for info when the time comes.

04-14-14 12:04 AM