I did a decent amount searching about my wife's 9900, and either the battery is no good or I might need to try a factory reset.

Basically, she's found the battery will either drains very fast, or go straight to dead in no time flat.

Today I tested it. Let it charge fully. Then used a couple of apps (twitter/browser). Dropped maybe 5%. Then I put it in my pocket, was about to go out, checked it, and it was flashing red. All within 15 mins. When I plugged in the charger, it went to full in about 5 mins.

I've done several battery pulls. Left the battery out for an hour. Done regular resets. It?s been about a week now. Do not know if it was all of a sudden or gradual.

Today I tried booting it in safe mode. Instead the battery slowly kept dropping from 100% to 25%, over 20 mins. Tried uninstalling a few apps, before she needed to head out.

Would rather be able to test the battery before having to order one online.

7.1. Bundle 2807 (v7.1.1033) on Telus. This was my launch 9900 with Telus, that I recently gave her when I changed to the Z30.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    04-06-14 10:57 PM
    Your battery maybe loose, when you put it in make sure it's in there tight, maybe put a piece of card in to make sure it's snug and hitting the contacts good.
    04-06-14 11:00 PM
    I heard some people saying they had contact issues. It seems pretty snug, and all the pins get pushed down because the battery side of it touches all 4 (?) points. I will try anyways to make it even tighter when my wife gets home tomorrow.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    04-07-14 03:17 PM
    I'm not sure if it's software or battery. But it seems apps that use data will instantly kill her battery.

She can go all day if she only uses BBM or text. But then if she uses twitter or her browser, he phone will drop to 0% and die.

I uninstalled twitter, and she went away last weekend, where it only died once.

But yesterday she was walking home and it died while we were on the phone.

Half way through the night she woke up, and checked her phone. It was at 1/4, not plugged in. So she plugged it in and it jumped to 100% within minutes.

It's frustrating because the phone was fine when I passed it on to her in November, when I got the z30. I bought the 9900 with Telus st launch.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    04-10-14 06:36 AM
    you could try reloading the software on it, but hey maybe it has to be sent back, to get fixed
    04-10-14 11:36 AM
    If you do want to test the battery I suggest that you install/load Blackberry Device Analyser (alt + BBDA from the options screen, & then in Device/Advanced System Settings). & run the Battery Tests

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-13-14 05:44 AM
    Thanks. Issues are still ongoing. But haven't had a chance to do any tests.

My wife sounds like she just wants to get a new phone. We'll see if she wants another blackberry.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    04-16-14 11:45 AM
    Just buy another battery. They're cheap enough on Amazon.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-16-14 01:02 PM
    OK, bought another battery. Hopefully have it by Friday. Bought it off Crackberry. Hopefully will solve the problem.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    04-21-14 08:57 AM
    This is the way a bad battery acts. Charges and drains in a very short time because its capacity has been diminished, and exposure to heat (in your pocket) or heavy use will make the battery nuke itself.
    04-22-14 05:44 PM
    Ended up buying a Z10 from the Best Buy prepaid sale. So tonight is her first day using that. Still have that new battery scheduled for delivery for Monday. So I guess the 9900 is now going to be our backup phone.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    04-22-14 10:01 PM