Since the announcement of BES12 I have not heard any more info about BES10 Cloud. Has the public release of BES10 Cloud been scrapped?

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 09:04 AM
    04-06-14 09:59 AM
    That was way back in December. BES12 was announced at the end of February. As organizations look to move messaging and MDM to the cloud Blackberry needs to have a solution out there to compete with Airwatch, Mobileiron, and other cloud MDM players. If the enterprise has to wait until November for a cloud based MDM that is a huge lost opportunity for Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 01:54 PM
    It's looking like BES10 Cloud isn't going to be developing any further for Enterprises because hosted BES12 is going to supersede it in 6/7 months.

Governments have some hosted BES10 options with BlackBerry as the UK G-Cloud Service launched back in December shows. But it doesn't appear that the BES10 Cloud Market Preview as it exists today is going to go live with a full release version unfortunately. Instead there will be a BES12 based Cloud service launched around the same time as on-premises BES12.

BES12 is looking like a big step on from 10 with support for 5 different mobile OS's and a load of new features. I think it's worth fully launching with that version instead.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    04-06-14 08:02 PM
    While I agree it is looking like BES12 is going to be a significant upgrade from BES10, I see no reason to postpone releasing a cloud based MDM for BB10 devices until November. From what I have heard form people in the Market Preview it works well so not sure why not release it to the masses to compete with other cloud MDM providers now and not in 7 months. I am attending the Blackberry Event on Thursday here in NYC and hope to hear more about BES10 Cloud launching. Otherwise it will be more of the same from Blackberry, Promise ... Delay ... Discontinue ... Promote next version

Blackberry has to stop disappointing the IT Pros in the Enterprise. Their supporters continue to have egg on their face with the Blackberry doubters with each delay.
    04-07-14 12:09 PM
    I attended the Blackberry Experience today here in NYC and spoke to a couple of Blackberry employees working at the BES10 stand. They indicated that BES10 Cloud would be released in 2 - 3 month time frame.
    dusdal likes this.
    04-10-14 03:47 PM
    Cheers! Thank you!

• C00087C61 - Non Traditional Premed
    • C00039A66 - Van City Coffee, finding the best Lattes around our beautiful city
    • C00124663 - Vancouver WhitecapsFC - A supporter and Capo's perspective
    04-10-14 06:20 PM
    Hi BrooklynBerryAddict -- it's Kara from the BlackBerry PR team. Great to see you were able to make it out to the NYC event! I just wanted to clarify that cloud is definitely on our roadmap. You'll see cloud with BES12, where we'll provide customers with all deployment models, including public, private and hybrid environments. BES12 will roll out first with hybrid and private cloud options by the end of 2014.
    04-11-14 08:11 AM
    Hi Kara,

Just to be clear, we won't see BES cloud before the release of BES12?

Thanks

• C00087C61 - Non Traditional Premed
    • C00039A66 - Van City Coffee, finding the best Lattes around our beautiful city
    • C00124663 - Vancouver WhitecapsFC - A supporter and Capo's perspective
    04-11-14 10:14 AM
    Kara,
    Welcome to CB! We look forward to hearing more from you.
    dusdal likes this.
    04-11-14 12:48 PM
    So what I heard from the BES10 reps yesterday was in correct?

John Sims said yesterday during his part of the presentation the BES12 hybrid and private cloud would be November this year but the Public Cloud is not until this time next year.

Companies are not going to wait that long and this is huge missed opportunity after all the previous missed opportunities.

The other MDMs out there cannot fully manage BlackBerry devices without BES so many companies will not allow Blackberries as approved device due to not being able to be compliant on the other MDM solutions

Companies want the cloud now. I have heard on the forum the BES10 cloud works well in Market Preview so why not launch that for now.

Many companies would choose BES10 but for now it is lacking the cloud component with no launch date in site which is a deal breaker for some organizations.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 06:42 PM
    BES Cloud will be BES12 based.
    That's one of the strength of the platform ; running on premise, in a (private) cloud or on the cloud... even mix theses modes.
    Nice, isn't it ?

(edit) Oops: Kara did it better a few post above !
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    04-11-14 07:40 PM
    Then why did 2 BlackBerry reps at the BES10 table say BES10 Cloud was coming in 2 - 3 months yesterday @ BlackBerry Experience?

I am excited about BES12 just as much as everyone else but BlackBerry needs to have cloud procuct to compete with now.

Many SMBs are looking to put more of there infrastructure in the cloud. Yes some have private clouds which BES10 is here for but many business want to get away from having their own infrastructure. These SMBs are looking at the cloud based solutions available today so they can plan a migration. You cannot plan with a solution that you have not seen, do not when it will be out. Especially if the vendor is named BlackBerry because of all the previous boasts and then let downs.

Blackberry misses out on these near term opportunities. It is actually a double loss because the other cloud based MDMs do not fully integrate with Blackberry without BES so they get removed from the approved device lists

Waitng for BES12 is not a winning strategy. BES10 is better then the others. Release the Cloud edition. You will gain subscribers and then when BES12 is released you can continue the traction instead of trying to start in 8 months.

Posted via CB10
    Northernlady01 likes this.
    04-11-14 09:06 PM
    [AFAIK - double check in progress, may have to wait Monday to confirm]
    Current market preview cloud based BES is BES10.
    This summer, the beta program will be opened for BES Cloud (BES12 based).
    You'll have to wait for Q4 until/after BES12 launch to see BES Cloud (BES12) offerings.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 04-13-14 at 09:20 AM.
    diegonei and johnnyuk like this.
    04-12-14 04:32 AM
    [AFAIK - double check in progress, may have to wait Monday to confirm]
    Current market preview cloud based BES is BES10.
    This summer, the beta program will be opened for BES Cloud (BES12 based).
    You'll have to wait for Q4 until/after BES12 launch to see BES Cloud (BES12) offerings.
    And how do you get in the beta grogram , I d love to...
    04-17-14 05:15 AM
    Ok guys.
    Those of you who can backtrack an ENTERPRISE background or current activity can PM me.
    Beta is open, but selective.

Due to (probably) popular demand, please don't be mad if I don't reply; I'll serve those I can identify in a snap as legit ... don't hassle
    04-18-14 10:00 AM
    Ok guys.
    Those of you who can backtrack an ENTERPRISE background or current activity can PM me.
    Beta is open, but selective.

Due to (probably) popular demand, please don't be mad if I don't reply; I'll serve those I can identify in a snap as legit ... don't hassle
    Id like to be in it. Though not sure the requirements. Do you have those too? I could call the Beta head, but I am lazy haha
    04-18-14 12:56 PM
    Been trying to get this to work all afternoon.

Keep getting

"Your sign in credentials are invalid. Verify your credentials or contact your administrator."

When I try to sign into the self serve
    04-18-14 02:41 PM
    You must enroll your device first

Posted via CB10
    04-19-14 02:18 PM
    Been trying to get this to work all afternoon.

Keep getting

"Your sign in credentials are invalid. Verify your credentials or contact your administrator."

When I try to sign into the self serve
    You need to have the activation email sent to your device first (i.e. Have an user set up on the bes cloud with that email). Once you get the activation email and the password, go to accounts on your bb10 phone and add it as a work account using the email associated with the user that has been setup on your bes. The device will then work its magic and activate the work side of your device.

I think the trial idea is great. If this works great, I am going to recommend it to my company which doesn't have any management over devices right now. Everyone just have emails sitting on their phones without the protection they should have.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-24-14 01:46 AM