I started a new thread on this topic because I found out some new things about it.

I know many of you have had this problem and are blaming your BB. But I have had problems with this for over a year with Outlook also. This is on my old computer with office 2007, and my new Win 8.1 computer with Office 2013. Sometimes it happens once in a while. Other times with every Send/receive. Lately I have been getting the password error message on both the computer and Q10 so often, it is giving me a headache!! In every case, all I have to do is type the password and my emails come in. So I know the settings are correct.

If I could get paid for the amount of time I have spent on this I could retire!! I have deleted and reinstalled my account on the computer countless times, spent hours on the phone with Comcast, ATT, computer manufacturer etc. I even changed my provider from Comcast to U-verse. Nothing worked!!

The other night I called a nice young man at Microsoft (probably in India) who spent 2 1/2 hours with me on the phone. Finally he did some research and found out that the probem mainly happens with AT&T /Yahoo accounts and can be fixed by setting up a new profile on outlook. What a pain as now all the settings I had were changed, but for the past 2 days no error message!!!! I only hope it continues to be OK!! Not holding my breath!!!

My question to you is, should I remove my email account in my Q10? When I hit delete it tells me I will lose everything in my address book and calendar. If I back it up on Link will it come back the same as it is now? Who wants to come over and help me? Yuck!!

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    Last edited by OTCHRussell; 04-05-14 at 10:15 AM.
    04-05-14 09:47 AM
    Actually the notification will also pop.up.if you have a Vpn. You don't have to re enter your password you can just chose to ignore the notification. The issue does indeed lie with Yahoo and Gmail. My corporate and other accounts have no issue. I would just ignore the re-enter notification you will still have your email coming through go ahead and test it.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 03:34 PM
    Since it happens also with various other accounts including POP3 accounts from a mail server that it sitting 6 feet from me right now, sorry to say I don't think you have found the universal solution.

Luckily in most cases if you go into edit account settings on the blackberry, and just click "save", it will usually accept that with the existing credential without having to re-enter the password again. Though not 100% of the time.
    04-05-14 04:28 PM
    Actually the notification will also pop.up.if you have a Vpn. You don't have to re enter your password you can just chose to ignore the notification. The issue does indeed lie with Yahoo and Gmail. My corporate and other accounts have no issue. I would just ignore the re-enter notification you will still have your email coming through go ahead and test it.

Posted via CB10
    I can't ignore it because as soon as I reenter the password and click save, a bunch of emails come in. So it's like having to manually get emails all the time. It is also killing my usually great battery life.
    Once I get the time and energy to sit in front of the computer I will try deleting the account and redoing it. But have to do back up first.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    04-06-14 08:01 AM