Hi guys just want to throw my views out there on this topic, personally I like how my Q10 is at the minute, I don't agree with those who want the UI to be improved, yes its standard but its how blackberry's look I don't want something fancy like the iphone, for two reasons, I think iphone is aimed at younger people and my battery lasts a day and with all the fancy glittery stuff done would affect battery consumption, what I would like to see is minor adjustments to the OS an example is every now and then the hub is non responsive and I have to hold down both volume keys to restart, in a nutshell im happy with the way things are and am not thirty for an update

Blackberry 10 improvements-img_20140405_114913.png

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 05:59 AM
    I like the look of the UI. I just find it a touch dark. I'd like lighter hues. But it's not a big deal, I like it.
    04-05-14 06:27 AM
    Exactly, nice to see others see it from my perspective

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 06:50 AM
    I would like to see the homescreen look like the search function.

Blackberry 10 improvements-img_20140405_141943.png

Posted on CB10 with the Q10
    04-05-14 08:21 AM
    I'm afraid they have to go fancy if they want to sell any devices. However, they can definitely find a medium between fancy and professional... most professionals use iphones and Androids with all the shapes and colors..
    so the old connection between (professional+black+bold look and dark colors) no longer applies much..

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-10.2.1.2102
    04-05-14 08:26 AM
    I think it's perfectly possible for a balance between design and functionally. I like the design as it is, BUT having said that, I was definitely taken back by the design if BB10 when I first came on-board a year ago from iOS. Unfortunately if you want to attract people to using your product you can't just focus on the ergonomics and usability. People do need artwork in their life. If The Astonishing Tribe can make a beautiful OS that improves functionality why wouldn't we be all for that? I'm sure the existing use cases of the software will continue to function as is with new touches of design. As for battery life. A refreshed UI doesn't necessarily have to be graphic intensive and battery intensive. There's a bunch of things that can be added without compromising the battery or processing requirements of the OS.

- Developer of PinGuin
    04-05-14 09:10 AM
    In instances where you find the HUB is unresponsive, try doing the x4 diagonal swipe from the top right corner of your screen.

On the rare occasion that my HUB becomes unresponsive, that little tricks always fixes the issue.

I'm z10ing. Yes, I invented a verb.
    04-06-14 02:27 AM
    I've never been big on aesthetics, so I'm quite fine with the current look of my BB10.

I, however, am not the customer Blackberry is trying to win (or win back, as the case may be.) I'm already addicted to Blackberry.

I'm more of a feature guy, so I like a robust, customizable, expansive OS. That said, if I could change one thing about the look of BB10, it would be the "shadow" behind all the app icons. It just looks unremarkable.

I'm z10ing. Yes, I invented a verb.
    04-06-14 02:33 AM