Hallo,

Few moments ago, I wanted to send some photo from my Dell Windows 8 laptop, no link installed to Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141
    File was successfully sent, but after that question popped "would you like to pair with dell laptop/Z10". I clicked OK. And all of the sudden Windows media player started playing music from my phone's sd card.
    Link is not installed on laptop, Link connectivity on phone is off. Only connection made was over BTT, but both devices were on same wi-fi. Media sharing on my phone is off. Only thing on is Wifi access in Storage and access. My phone is password protected, and I never typed any password on my computer.
    WTF did happened? Now it's preety late and I'm too tired to test it right now. I will probably do it tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 09:38 PM
    So? this how bluetooth works lol, u dont need a password. Just like how you pair with a car and listen to music.
    04-04-14 09:50 PM
    I don't see the problem, music over bluetooth has been a feature since BBOS and actually BB10 supports aptX� codec so it can stream high quality music over bluetooth.

If you don't want your laptop access to your music library just go to the bluetooth settings of your z10 then select your laptop and configure it.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 10:01 PM
    Nothing to really "test"...this is how it suppose to work. if you pair your phone with another device/appliance, it will enable all services phone and other device can handle ( about 20 different BT modes). So, your laptop support music sink, paired blackberry ( or any other phone) will be able to play music from internal library. As blackberry is configured to start playing as soon as blue tooth device is attached, you have tunes playing automatically on your Laptop. If you connect to your car, the same thing will happen. To portable BT speaker or headsets same thing....no need to install Link or any other software if BT Is enabled. so you could send files, pictures, stream music, exchange contacts, remotely control other device, connect keyboard to your phone...

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    04-05-14 07:09 AM
    Nothing to really "test"...this is how it suppose to work. if you pair your phone with another device/appliance, it will enable all services phone and other device can handle ( about 20 different BT modes). So, your laptop support music sink, paired blackberry ( or any other phone) will be able to play music from internal library. As blackberry is configured to start playing as soon as blue tooth device is attached, you have tunes playing automatically on your Laptop. If you connect to your car, the same thing will happen. To portable BT speaker or headsets same thing....no need to install Link or any other software if BT Is enabled. so you could send files, pictures, stream music, exchange contacts, remotely control other device, connect keyboard to your phone...

Posted via CB10
    Yes, some people have reported that as soon as they start their cars, music starts over bluetooth. But they don't want that level of automation - they ask how to stop it.
    04-05-14 08:54 AM
    Yes, some people have reported that as soon as they start their cars, music starts over bluetooth. But they don't want that level of automation - they ask how to stop it.
    I've never heard anyone report this. In any case, if this is the problem they are having, maybe it's because they have their radio on. Just as if you were going to start any car and have the radio on, it's going to start playing the radio.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 10:50 AM
    I've never heard anyone report this. In any case, if this is the problem they are having, maybe it's because they have their radio on. Just as if you were going to start any car and have the radio on, it's going to start playing the radio.
    Posted via CB10
    I have seen the thread. Typically the phone connects to the car automatically but it DOES NOT start the music app and begin playing until commanded.
    This can justifiably be a PIA but more likely to be a car software setting than anything to do with the BB device.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-05-14 11:36 AM
    I have seen the thread. Typically the phone connects to the car automatically but it DOES NOT start the music app and begin playing until commanded.
    This can justifiably be a PIA but more likely to be a car software setting than anything to do with the BB device.
    Yup. My car won't start playing music unless I have it switched to the BlueTooth source.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 03:40 PM