Both my parents are on 9900's. They planned on switching to BB10 this spring when the new Q30 came out...but now that's delayed they may have to wait till the fall & the Q20.....My mom is interested in the Z30 but can't get it with her carrier, which sucks because she has a bunch of credit built up.....ANYWAY long story short, they are still on BBOS.

They have both upgraded to the latest BBM Version: 8.2.0.18 and are both having issues with it. When in a conversation their D's & R's are TINY. I have a bit of trouble determining if it's a D or an R so I can imagine how much worse it is for my senior parents. Does anyone know why BlackBerry changed their D & R size? & also, how to change them back? The strange thing is that if you go to BlackBerry world ( BlackBerry Messenger - BlackBerry World ) and look at their screen shots, they show the new BBM, but the vs shown in the pictures doesn't have the smaller letters.

BlackBerry Messenger Version: 8.2.0.18 - Issues-your-bbm.jpg
    04-04-14 12:14 PM
    I'm still using 9780 and do not notice any difference of the D and R compared to previous version. Well it might be smaller compared to the way older version? I can't remember. From the BlackBerry World, I see there's a pic with D and R same like my 9780 which is small, and the pic you attached (also in the BlackBerry World) does have bigger D. Could that be a screenshot for from a bigger screen device like Torch?
    04-04-14 12:30 PM
    I'm still using 9780 and do not notice any difference of the D and R compared to previous version. Well it might be smaller compared to the way older version? I can't remember. From the BlackBerry World, I see there's a pic with D and R same like my 9780 which is small, and the pic you attached (also in the BlackBerry World) does have bigger D. Could that be a screenshot for from a bigger screen device like Torch?
    Not sure, but the smaller D & R occurred on both of their phones as soon as they updated, and they both complained to me about the problem lol

I tried changing the font size on my mom's phone but that just increased the size of the message & not the size of the D & R in front if it.
    04-04-14 12:37 PM
    My BlackBerry World is showing an error -
    "Session expired". Please log into BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 12:46 PM
    Hi. Upgraded BBM today and have found the D R and tick message status are really tiny. Is there any way to resolve this as I can't determine whether my messages have been read once delivered. Takes guess work now and a magnifying glass. Really frustrating!
    05-27-14 02:51 PM
    hi, well i have the blackberry 9700 and i just upgraded it to the 8.2.0.18 and now the app wont open
    10-16-14 07:22 AM