Hello there,
    Just wanted to take your opinion about something
    I have a blackberry Q10 and an iphone 5 as a secondary phone and i'm tempted to buy a full touch bb10 device and I thought I should wait for the z3 but I saw the the z10 spec's is much better. So do you think I should sell my iphone and buy the z10 and an ipod touch 5g? Since the simcard is already in the Q10 so I'm using the iphone as an ipod. Do you think it's a good idea? I guess I can find a z10 for 270$. Or should I stick with the Q10 -iphone combo?
    I wanna see what do you think guys?

Posted via Q10's mighty keyboard
    04-04-14 09:13 AM
    Flip a coin, if your happy with the result go for it. If your not trust your instincts and make the other choice.
    jerryeight and flyingsolid like this.
    04-04-14 09:18 AM
    The chassis of the Z10 is a whack of plastic garbage compared to the iPhone. Also the Z10 only has a single speaker that does not sound great and is not loud enough, unless you cup your hand behind it.

Other than that the Z10 is fine.
    Kashan Osama and robk312 like this.
    04-04-14 09:21 AM
    The z10 is one of the best phones out there, it has the best keyboard and os and has a really good screen, the phone is really smooth and this is coming from a 14 year old who falls for apps! Buy it

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 09:33 AM
    The chassis of the Z10 is a whack of plastic garbage compared to the iPhone. Also the Z10 only has a single speaker that does not sound great and is not loud enough, unless you cup your hand behind it.

The Z10 is a very durable phone. It is not as described above, "a whack of plastic garbage". I love mine and though it does only have a single speaker, I don't listen to music without headphones. The Z10 is a great phone. That being said, you should check out the Z30 as well.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    04-04-14 09:35 AM
    Thank you guys for the replies,i think I should wait for the z3 and see how it stacks up with the z10 and then i'll decide and if the z10's os is as smooth as the q10 i'm sure gonna buy it
    As for its speakers I don't think it's that bad right? I mean compared to the iphone it has a single speaker too

04-04-14 09:40 AM
    If you can get the Z10 and the iPod touch for the same as you can sell your iPhone 5 for then maybe.

But I'd keep the iPhone 5 because the 5 has an Apple A6 CPU, so the iPhone 5 is a lot better than any iPod touch and will be more future proof, even if used only as an iPod.
    04-04-14 09:44 AM
    The Z10 is a very durable phone. It is not as described above, "a whack of plastic garbage". I love mine and though it does only have a single speaker, I don't listen to music without headphones. The Z10 is a great phone. That being said, you should check out the Z30 as well.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    ^THIS......and to add it would depend on your preferred method of communication. Most Q10 owner I know flat out use their phones strictly for email, texting, BBM and social media. Meaning they want that physical keyboard because they're typing a lot.

That being said, I have both a Z10 and Q10 at my disposal and I'm always using my Z10 as my daily driver because the virtual keyboard is that fantastic. I don't feel that losing screen real estate is worth using a physical keyboard and my only grip about the Z10 is the same as everyone else, battery life isn't that great. 5 to 6 hours with heavy use so I'm at least charging once a day.

Other than that, it's definitely the best BlackBerry I've ever owned and that saying a lot for someone who started his BlackBerry smartphone adventure back in the 7250 days!

Posted via CB10
    gillianoleary likes this.
    04-04-14 09:48 AM
    ^THIS......and to add it would depend on your preferred method of communication. Most Q10 owner I know flat out use their phones strictly for email, texting, BBM and social media. Meaning they want that physical keyboard because they're typing a lot.

That being said, I have both a Z10 and Q10 at my disposal and I'm always using my Z10 as my daily driver because the virtual keyboard is that fantastic. I don't feel that losing screen real estate is worth using a physical keyboard and my only grip about the Z10 is the same as everyone else, battery life isn't that great. 5 to 6 hours with heavy use so I'm at least charging once a day.

Other than that, it's definitely the best BlackBerry I've ever owned and that saying a lot for someone who started his BlackBerry smartphone adventure back in the 7250 days!

Posted via CB10
    Well that's encouraging and yes I use my q10 and bought it because I type a lot and for multimedia I use my nexus or the iphone and the battery on the iphone isn't that great really too so I have to wait and see maybe I'll buy the z3 without the need of selling anything but then I would have like 4 devices and that's a lot

04-04-14 09:55 AM
    If you can get the Z10 and the iPod touch for the same as you can sell your iPhone 5 for then maybe.

But I'd keep the iPhone 5 because the 5 has an Apple A6 CPU, so the iPhone 5 is a lot better than any iPod touch and will be more future proof, even if used only as an iPod.
    That's the only reason why i'm hesitating because now I can see the iphone 4 is starting to show its age on ios 7 and that would be the case with ios8 on the ipod touch but not on the ipod /:

04-04-14 09:56 AM
    Not the case with the iphone* sorry

04-04-14 09:57 AM

LOL "whack of plastic garbage"...but other than that it's fine!
    04-04-14 10:11 AM
    LOL "whack of plastic garbage"...but other than that it's fine!
    The chassis is crap. The rest of it is either great or "ok".

Considering the chassis on the Sony Xperia, HTC One, and iPhone, yeah folks the cheap Z10 chassis, with its flimsy back door, is crap. This is especially true considering the first two can be had for the same money or less than the Z10.

Truth is not always what we want to hear or acknowledge, but it is important to share it so people can make informed decisions. Fans have a tendency to sugarcoat and BS, which is not particularly helpful.
    04-04-14 10:42 AM

Plastic? Im sorry glass composite that is 10x stronger than that of the iPhones plastic housing. Have my z10 a year now, no cracks anywhere or even scratches. I find the speaker to be loud enough but if I wanted to listen to music, I use headphones. Its a phone not an ipod.
    pystha, der_mit and Tatwi like this.
    04-04-14 10:51 AM
    Check out the Z30...and you're done
    04-04-14 10:53 AM
    I liken the Iphone 5 vs Z10 chassis to the Cadillac vs BMW analogy; the Cadillac is all bling and flash whereas the BMW is an eaxmple functional austerity & efficiency. Give me the BMW anyday!

My 2 cents (a BMW M3 owner).

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    pystha and Jerale like this.
    04-04-14 10:57 AM
    The chassis is crap. The rest of it is either great or "ok".

Considering the chassis on the Sony Xperia, HTC One, and iPhone, yeah folks the cheap Z10 chassis, with its flimsy back door, is crap. This is especially true considering the first two can be had for the same money or less than the Z10.

Truth is not always what we want to hear or acknowledge, but it is important to share it so people can make informed decisions. Fans have a tendency to sugarcoat and BS, which is not particularly helpful.
    This thread is for those that have previously owned a iPhone and have smelt the roses. Right now the iPhone is two years behind.
    The back door is not a play thing and will break when removed a few times a day. As will any phones. eg. S3.

IMO keep the iPhone as a Ipod and wait for the Z3. The only thing a apple product does well is play music. The rest is all brainwashing and illusion.
    04-04-14 10:58 AM
    Check out the Z30...and you're done
    I'm considering the z10 since it's only 220-270$
    and I know the z30 is better in everything but I think i'll be fine with the z10

04-04-14 10:59 AM
    This thread is for those that have previously owned a iPhone and have smelt the roses. Right now the iPhone is two years behind.
    The back door is not a play thing and will break when removed a few times a day. As will any phones. eg. S3.

IMO keep the iPhone as a Ipod and wait for the Z3. The only thing a apple product does well is play music. The rest is all brainwashing and illusion.
    Hehehe yeah maybe i'll do and maybe i'll like the z3 or the z10 so much i'll end up dumbing the iphone and apple after all

04-04-14 11:01 AM
    I liken the Iphone 5 vs Z10 chassis to the Cadillac vs BMW analogy; the Cadillac is all bling and flash whereas the BMW is an eaxmple functional austerity & efficiency. Give me the BMW anyday!

My 2 cents (a BMW M3 owner).

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    Well gotta say bmw rocks =))

04-04-14 11:08 AM
    Plastic? Im sorry glass composite that is 10x stronger than that of the iPhones plastic housing. Have my z10 a year now, no cracks anywhere or even scratches. I find the speaker to be loud enough but if I wanted to listen to music, I use headphones. Its a phone not an ipod.
    I hate to break it to you, but the back of the Z10 is indeed plastic. The whole chassis is 100% plastic, save the glass screen.

It's not that the phone is garbage, it's that there are way better chassis that can be had (and that his iPhone is already significantly better).
    04-04-14 11:22 AM
    Hello there,
    Just wanted to take your opinion about something
    I have a blackberry Q10 and an iphone 5 as a secondary phone and i'm tempted to buy a full touch bb10 device and I thought I should wait for the z3 but I saw the the z10 spec's is much better. So do you think I should sell my iphone and buy the z10 and an ipod touch 5g? Since the simcard is already in the Q10 so I'm using the iphone as an ipod. Do you think it's a good idea? I guess I can find a z10 for 270$. Or should I stick with the Q10 -iphone combo?
    I wanna see what do you think guys?

Q10 plus full touch as a second phone, I've been rocking it that way for a year, just ordered a Nexus 5 to replace my S3, Q10 stays......some over here rock a Q10 and a Z30/Z10 and are loving it, but I believe its always good to be flexible and have a piece of as many pies as you can.
    04-04-14 11:46 AM

Who the **** cares what the chassis are made of? At least it doesn't shatter when you drop it like an iphone... The Z10 is better than any Iphone at anything and everything

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    pystha likes this.
    04-04-14 11:57 AM
    Who the **** cares what the chassis are made of? At least it doesn't shatter when you drop it like an iphone... The Z10 is better than any Iphone at anything and everything

Posted via CB10 for Z10
    That's a tad bit of a biased response, don't you think?

Posted via Z10
    04-04-14 11:59 AM
    That's a tad bit of a biased response, don't you think?

Posted via Z10
    But you know he's right...

04-04-14 12:10 PM
59 123