The correct way to look at this is that BlackBerry has not launched stickers but an underlying B2M (Business to Mobile Customer) BBM Infrastructure.
    I hope BlackBerry is looking it at that ways and launch great products besides Stickers on top of it.
    Possibilities are enormous with combination of BBM channels and I hope they execute it well.

Posted via CB10
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    04-03-14 04:53 PM
    I'm missing the point. Give me an example of how they could use it that way. Honest question.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 04:56 PM
    I actually started a thread on it earlier in terms of ideas...Like gifting some one a song on BBM or a movie ticket coupon..etc etc...The underlying secure payment infrastructure that BBM has launched with this could become an e-commerce store for BlackBerry and it's channel partners...

Posted via CB10
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    04-03-14 05:02 PM
    Could allow many ways to provide payment options for client and channel owners...

Posted via CB10
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    04-03-14 05:07 PM
    That's a great way for BBM to go forward. I really do hope BlackBerry are planning to use BBM in this manner. There are so many great possibilities to using BBM in this fashion.

Posted via CB10
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    04-03-14 05:08 PM
    Exactly! It's not about the sticker per se'.
    It's about the process of easily and securely making purchases for things other than apps in BBW directly from the device.
    The possibilities are endless, IMO.
    04-03-14 05:10 PM
    While I agree that it does set up the potential to sell other products, virtual and otherwise, I disagree that that was ever the point of Stickers.

The point of Stickers was that several Asian-market messengers added them, and those markets ate them up, both making money and increasing the exposure and usage of those messengers. Given that BBM is big(ish) in many Asian markets, and that BB is desperate to both monetize and grow BBM, it's an absolute no-brainer to make Stickers for BB. Even though I would personally have no use for them myself, it's clear that they have a place in the global marketplace, and BB would be foolish to ignore such an easy form of revenue.

IMO, this is the first clear "win" for BB since BB10 was finally released over a year ago. An obvious choice, yes, but a smart one nonetheless. Good for BB.
    howarmat, acovey and rthonpm like this.
    04-03-14 05:15 PM
    How about a user buy & sell system...paypal/ebay/craigslist discussion, image exchange, then money exchange.
    I just sold a digital camera to another BlackBerry user other side of continent...he saw my add on a camera site, which I had listed my bbm pin on, he contacted via bbm, we discussed and I sent him images of the camera directly from my z10 camera....then we exchanged emails to do a paypal. would have been sweet to keep it all within bbm. I then took the cam to post office, sent him a shot of the tracking way bill.

Flicked out via Zed10
    04-03-14 10:28 PM
    Stickers is immensely popular in other countries. It is likely just a (careful) first step for them. The underlying technology and NOC can be highly leveraged. Hopefully they can pull it off.

Sent while driving from my Crackberry.
    04-03-14 11:22 PM
    How about a user buy & sell system...paypal/ebay/craigslist discussion, image exchange, then money exchange.
    I just sold a digital camera to another BlackBerry user other side of continent...he saw my add on a camera site, which I had listed my bbm pin on, he contacted via bbm, we discussed and I sent him images of the camera directly from my z10 camera....then we exchanged emails to do a paypal. would have been sweet to keep it all within bbm. I then took the cam to post office, sent him a shot of the tracking way bill.

Flicked out via Zed10
    Niiice!!

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 11:27 PM
    BBM Money is what BlackBerry really needs to bring out next. Built into personal chats and BBM Channels, it would be an amazing platform for BlackBerry.
    ami.one likes this.
    04-03-14 11:35 PM
  12. BlackBerry Lover From Saudi's Avatar
    I GOT GOOD NEWS FOR EVERY BODY GUYS >>>> YOU CAN REBACK YOUR BBM Stickers purchases transfer if you switch to another mobile platform ? HOW ? EASY 1- GO TO YOUR NEW CELL PHONE OPEN BBM SHOP CLICK ON THE STICKERS YOU PURCHASED IT NOW CLICK ON REINSTALL IT AGAIN WOOOO HOOOO AND HERE YOU GO IT DOES COME BACK AGAIN TO UR NEW BBM. Note >>> you must use ur bbm id e-mail match that you purchased from it the stickers so you can get ur stickers back as long as you creat a new id done you have to buy from the beginning new stickers to ur new id.
    10-08-14 10:41 PM