Hi, I just switched from the Bold to the Z30 And can't find a way to delete or stop updates from my contacts that I've entered with company information. Any ideas? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 03:24 PM
    Are you referring to the function where your device pulls in info that you haven't entered for these contacts with company info?

If so, go to Contacts > Settings. Scroll down to "Search for contact details" and uncheck the option. If that isn't what you're referring to, can you explain a little more?
    04-03-14 03:29 PM
    Are you referring to the function where your device pulls in info that you haven't entered for these contacts with company info?

If so, go to Contacts > Settings. Scroll down to "Search for contact details" and uncheck the option. If that isn't what you're referring to, can you explain a little more?
    Yes that is what I am referring to and the "Search for contact details " is unchecked yet info is still being pulled into the 'updates' tab.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 04:23 PM
    If you have contacts linked with Facebook Linkedin or Twitter, the extra info could be pulled in from those sources.
    04-04-14 07:26 AM
    Not linked. Seems to be pulling Web info for only the contacts that have the 'company ' filled in. Figured there would be a way to stop/block/delete the updates as in BBM. Driving me nuts!

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 09:29 AM
    Well no response from BlackBerry regarding this which I find disconcerting. Guess the Z30 will be going back when my 2 weeks is up but I love my privacy. Time to try IOS or Windows.

Posted via CB10
    04-06-14 05:00 AM
    Could not tell if you use BES. Assuming you don't, do not rely on manual sync of Contact or Calendar items. Instead, delete all your accounts and enter them one at a time WITHOUT evoking associated Contact or Calendar channels. Always rely on your own copies of Calendar and Contact items on your own PC or MAC. Industry wide program of auto syncing of C & C = FAIL, owing to greed and lust for more and more contacts by non-professional software hacks and hackers.
    04-06-14 11:51 AM
    Could not tell if you use BES. Assuming you don't, do not rely on manual sync of Contact or Calendar items. Instead, delete all your accounts and enter them one at a time WITHOUT evoking associated Contact or Calendar channels. Always rely on your own copies of Calendar and Contact items on your own PC or MAC. Industry wide program of auto syncing of C & C = FAIL, owing to greed and lust for more and more contacts by non-professional software hacks and hackers.
    Yes, not BES. And contacts have never been synced nor associated with any channels.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 08:18 AM
    So...when you go to settings / accounts, you see only an email account and no contact or calendar accounts, right?
    04-09-14 02:06 PM
    Correct. And the email account is off.

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 12:20 PM