Link is backing up my Z10 right now. Message on the phone screen says "Backup In Progress"; "Warning:Keep your device connected to your computer via USB". There's also a cancel button. I seem to remember in the past (but still on BB10) being able to use the phone during the backup. It wouldn't be such a problem if the darn thing didn't take so long to complete.

Anyone else remember this?
    04-03-14 12:57 PM
    No, and if I were you, I'd leave it alone and wait for the backup to complete. Don't come complaining if you get a corrupted file later...
    FrankIAm and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    04-03-14 01:39 PM
    Backup should only take half hour or so unless your phone is full. Pull SD card before backing up...It is quicker that way for me...

Trusted Member Genius
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    04-03-14 04:34 PM
    Link is backing up my Z10 right now. Message on the phone screen says "Backup In Progress"; "Warning:Keep your device connected to your computer via USB". There's also a cancel button. I seem to remember in the past (but still on BB10) being able to use the phone during the backup. It wouldn't be such a problem if the darn thing didn't take so long to complete.

Anyone else remember this?
    Never could use the device while backing up. If you have a micro SD card keep as much data on there as you can and like GHD says remove it temporarily while doing backups, otherwise Link will read that data as well thereby lengthening the process.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 04:38 PM
    It makes sense you wouldn't be able to use your phone while the device is backing up. introducing new data while back up makes your back up outdated before it's even completed. Especially if you're modifying the section that's already been backed up. :S

I have never been able to use my device while it's being backed up since the 8900 era when I first started using Blackberries.

Back up times depends greatly on how much data you have on your phone. The more data you have on the phone the longer it generally takes.
    04-03-14 04:40 PM
    If you get a phone call it will still come through during the back up. So, technically you can still use the phone... as long as someone phones you.
    04-03-14 05:02 PM