I'm trying to access my files on mac from my Z30. I have the latest OS version (10.2.1) and the latest BlackBerry link version on my Mac.

On BlackBerry link, I have a comment saying "Remote File Access is not supported for the version installed on your device. Upgrade to BlackBerry 10 OS 10.1.0.0 or higher to use the Remote File Access feature." WTF ???

The computer and the Z30 can see each other normally but I can't use the remote access thing. I have spent a good chunk of my day trying to fix this and it's still not working. If anyone has had this issue resolved please let me know. I'm running out of patience...

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 06:55 PM
    I'm trying to access my files on mac from my Z30. I have the latest OS version (10.2.1) and the latest BlackBerry link version on my Mac.

On BlackBerry link, I have a comment saying "Remote File Access is not supported for the version installed on your device. Upgrade to BlackBerry 10 OS 10.1.0.0 or higher to use the Remote File Access feature." WTF ???

The computer and the Z30 can see each other normally but I can't use the remote access thing. I have spent a good chunk of my day trying to fix this and it's still not working. If anyone has had this issue resolved please let me know. I'm running out of patience...

Posted via CB10
    I haven't got a mac, but I feel the same way about BB Link. It's downright painful.
    04-02-14 06:58 PM
    Have you tried to reset the sync relationship? There is an option like that on the pc version of link

I flick!
    04-02-14 06:59 PM
    Really I don't find it that bad, but I only use it for backups. So I use it sparingly.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 08:05 PM
    I can't even login with link. I click to login and nothing happens. I am running windows 7

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 08:54 PM
    Do you have Settings/storage and access set to "mass storage"?

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 08:58 PM
    I reinstalled it, reconnected it to the phone and now it works. Go figure. Now I just have to understand why my music is not syncing! oh well...

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 08:58 PM
    I have a Z10 and a Mac as well. BlackBerry Link does NOT work. At all. There was this 2 week period where it wouldn't even open. I can't sync anything with it, so I have to resort to the painstakingly slow Bluetooth. BlackBerry Link is probably the biggest reason that I'm seriously considering switching to iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 11:23 PM
    I have a Z10 and a Mac as well. BlackBerry Link does NOT work. At all. There was this 2 week period where it wouldn't even open. I can't sync anything with it, so I have to resort to the painstakingly slow Bluetooth. BlackBerry Link is probably the biggest reason that I'm seriously considering switching to iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    If BlackBerry Link is the only main reason you consider switching to iPhone, I don't think it worths switching. iTunes will make you even more frustrated. I was extremely unhappy with iTunes as the only way that an iPhone can communicate with computer but communicate in a silly way. You never find iPhone as a mass storage (external drive) like the way a BlackBerry is. At least, computers can recognize BlackBerry as external drive so you can copy and paste files/music/pictures/video from Z drive to C drive easily than relying on the auto sync.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 11:39 PM