So I just picked up a z30 and I'm loving every inch of it!! I came from apple and the reasons why i switched are many. But there is one tiny tweak that I absolutely loved on my jailbroken Iphone and that is Gridlock by the famous developer chpwn. This tweak allows you to place icons anywhere on the screen. For me..this tweak is invaluable!!

I would love to see this on a future update!!
    Last edited by bbuser_5150; 04-01-14 at 08:48 PM. Reason: spelling mistake
    incognito312 likes this.
    04-01-14 08:15 PM
    You can place the icons anywhere on your screen. Press and hold the icon until it jiggles and a trash bin shows. Now you can place an icon on any page or into any folder.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 08:20 PM
    This is what it looks like.
    I would love...-img_20140401_192102.png

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 08:21 PM
    I love that tweak. Always had each page look different.

Z10 leaked
    04-01-14 08:24 PM
    You can place the icons anywhere on your screen. Press and hold the icon until it jiggles and a trash bin shows. Now you can place an icon on any page or into any folder.

Posted via CB10
    I think OP wants to be able to place icons wherever he wants as in ANYWHERE , not just rearrange them . Like what's available on android. Hope that feature comes to BB10 soon.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 08:41 PM
    Android? I bought one of the tablets that runs on Android, let's just say it was returned the next day. It is absolute chaos. I was not impressed by its disorganization out of the box.

Posted via CB10
    ehroberts likes this.
    04-01-14 08:46 PM
    You're misunderstanding. The OP wants the ability to place individual icons anywhere on a screen - snap them to a grid. See here: Gridlock
    04-01-14 08:46 PM
    Yes...thanks dna47 for clarifying!
    04-01-14 08:47 PM
    With gaps. Exactly. Chaos. My OCD prevents me from seeing how that is a positive or cool thing. Gaps and voids are bad. Piano keys are good. Everything has it place. If you change that order it doesn't work. Show me a piano keyboard that is....oh wait...there's an app for that.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 08:51 PM
    With gaps. Exactly. Chaos. My OCD prevents me from seeing how that is a positive or cool thing. Gaps and voids are bad. Piano keys are good. Everything has it place. If you change that order it doesn't work. Show me a piano keyboard that is....oh wait...there's an app for that.

Posted via CB10
    I really don't understand your point. If you want your icons to be all in the same order, that's fine. But it doesn't have anything to do with being cool, it's about being able to place the icons in a way where it's easier to the user.
    If you think that's being chaotic, well that's your problem. But if you have a z30 and let's say you want to have only 4 apps in a folder, well it sucks that you need to click on the upper part of the screen when it would be way quicker to have them in the middle or at the bottom of the screen.

Or else, maybe you have that great wallpaper of your girlfriend or your son and you'd like to be able to see their face, then you'd place the icons in a way where the face isn't hidden. Get the point?
    If you'd didn't get it yet, well think of your PC/Mac desktop and how you're able to order the icons any way you want on your screen, that's exactly what's OP talking about but on our phones .

I mean I really don't understand why your arguing against it, you don't like it, fine. But why the hell would you be against blackberry giving other people than you a chance to do whatever they'd want to do with their devices. I mean it might be chaos for you, but why does that mean that other people couldn't make it work for their likening, and it's not like you'd be using other people devices anyway.

And if gaps are that chaotic to you, maybe you have an obsessive compulsive disorder or something...

Edit: sorry, just saw that you actually had OCD. Didn't mean it in a disrespectful way!

Posted via CB10
    Gordash likes this.
    04-02-14 02:53 AM
    ^^^ You took his joke way too far

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    04-02-14 06:55 AM
    It's a f*cking phone. Your reaction is exactly what I was expecting. It's not the end of the world, it's just a phone.

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 07:32 AM
    Amen.. And to that, we all just want the best one on the market.

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    04-03-14 07:30 AM