I don't know if this has been mentioned but I think it would be awesome if you could close an app from just a swipe. For example if you swiped up from the bottom all the way to the top, the app would automatically close, no need to minimize and then hit the X. However, if you just wanted to minimize an app, all you would have to do is a normal little swipe up. What do you guys think?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 08:40 PM
    Why. Who needs to close apps. Just my quick thoughts.

If apps are open they are easily accessible.

Guess my device. "It has keys"
    03-31-14 08:50 PM
    I like it. In fact, I think they should allow you to swipe an app up and away from the active frames screen too - but leave the X for people who may need a little more guidance.
    04-01-14 06:46 AM
    Am I missing something ? This is how I close apps since 10.2.1 ...
    04-01-14 08:06 AM
    Why. Who needs to close apps. Just my quick thoughts.

If apps are open they are easily accessible.

Guess my device. "It has keys"
    I do. I can't stand something left open for no reason. If I'm actually doing something that requires going back and forth between two or more apps, fine. But once I'm done with it, I'm done with it. Close it out - be gone. My most used apps are on the first app page anyway and having them open and bringing it back up is no easier that tapping the icon to... well... bring it back up.

Actually, people around here have been requesting the full swipe up to close an app since BB10 debuted over a year ago.

You could say it's a fairly universal request, and the gesture suggested seems universal too.

Am I missing something ? This is how I close apps since 10.2.1 ...
    No, this feature is NOT in 10.2.1. I have it, as do many others. If that was the case, it would have been a big deal - front blog news.

With any app open, do a full swipe from bottom bezel to the top bezel (the OP's suggested app closing method). All that happens is that the app just minimizes to an active frame. Not what the OP is requesting.

Posted via CB10
    ssbtech likes this.
    04-01-14 08:37 AM
    Ive seen this so many times, half swipe to minimize and full swipe to close. Only problem is, what if i am working on a document, and accidentally swipe too far closing it. That'd suck. I'd rather not have that problem.

I want playbook's swipe from left bezel to right and vice verse to change apps idea.
    Thalestr likes this.
    04-01-14 10:17 AM
    I find hitting the X has to be just so or it won't close. Worse yet, my miss will often open the app back up, and that's annoying. So yes, I wish you could swipe up an active frame to close it.

Ok, I hope the next BB10 update gives the user the choice to either use a swiping gesture or just hit the X to close it. All bases covered and there is joy in the land of CrackBerry once again.

Posted via my unlocked Z10
    04-18-14 01:28 PM
    I actually prefer it as it is. I hope they don't change it.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    04-18-14 01:49 PM
    It's available on other non BlackBerry devices. It's a feature I'd like to see incorporated into 10.3. Swipe slightly up to minimize, swipe higher to close.

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    04-18-14 01:52 PM