Anyone using another device or a pocket camera as an alternative instead of the standard camera. Coming from using iPhones and a lumia 1520, my z30s camera is a bit underwhelming. Or most of you satisfied with your phones camera?
    03-30-14 03:16 PM
    Anyone using another device or a pocket camera as an alternative instead of the standard camera. Coming from using iPhones and a lumia 1520, my z30s camera is a bit underwhelming. Or most of you satisfied with your phones camera?
    Happy here but it's not like I'm a photographer ,
    03-30-14 03:22 PM
    What kind of pictures are you taking that requires high end camera specs?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 03:27 PM
    Satisfied
    Coming from a Curve, this camera is like a DLSR for me lol
    But I'm no frequent photo taker, so the camera is not one of my top 3 main focus points when making a phone decision

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 03:30 PM
    I always have a proper camera with me, a film camera usually my Pentax Program A or my 1950 Zeiss Ikon Symbolica

#believeinfilm
    Omahahaha and Stevebez like this.
    03-30-14 03:30 PM
    I grabbed a dirt cheap Nokia 920 last fall while I awaited the Z10's price to come down a little for off-contract. When I know I need to take really good shots like at a zoo, museum or aquarium I pop the SIM into the Lumia.
    03-30-14 03:49 PM
    I'm ok with the cameras on the Z10 and Nexus 5. For what they are, they're just fine for my uses. For anything where I absolutely need the best shots possible, I'll use either my Canon S110 or XSi. The only time where I felt the need to supplement the camera on a device was when I had the 9900. I kept a 5th gen iPod touch in my other pocket because the pictures taken by the 9900 were generally horrible unless the conditions were absolutely perfect (and the whole lack of autofocus thing).
    03-30-14 04:02 PM
    I took several pictures with my Z30 on the normal auto setting and the pictures were much better quality than my Droid Razr Maxx HD set to HDR!
    03-30-14 04:14 PM
    I have a Lumia 1020 that I use as a camera very often. The quality is absolutely fantastic for my usage. I'm not what you'd call a professional photographer, but I often need high-quality photos to accompany written content (i.e. blog posts). I used to have a full-blown DSLR, but the lens broke on that recently and I haven't bothered fixing it yet because the 1020 has been enough 99% of the time.

Now, having said that, I don't usually like to carry two devices at once, so if I don't think I'm going to need the camera, I'll usually switch back to my Z30. For purely casual usage, I find the Z30's camera to be okay - not brilliant, but certainly enough.
    03-30-14 04:21 PM
    I often carry my s4 around for pictures. It just has a few more options than my z30 and one of them is panoramic mode.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    03-30-14 04:34 PM
    What kind of pictures are you taking that requires high end camera specs?

Posted via CB10

Not saying I need high end camera specs. Coming from the 1520 you can see a difference. Obviously the megapixels are 20 to 8 but the z30 camera sometimes comes out not so good
    03-30-14 04:37 PM
    I have a Lumia 1020 that I use as a camera very often. The quality is absolutely fantastic for my usage. I'm not what you'd call a professional photographer, but I often need high-quality photos to accompany written content (i.e. blog posts). I used to have a full-blown DSLR, but the lens broke on that recently and I haven't bothered fixing it yet because the 1020 has been enough 99% of the time.

Now, having said that, I don't usually like to carry two devices at once, so if I don't think I'm going to need the camera, I'll usually switch back to my Z30. For purely casual usage, I find the Z30's camera to be okay - not brilliant, but certainly enough.
    I saw thinking of finding a cheap 1020 to use as a camera. New York auto show is coming up so I want a slightly better camera.
    03-30-14 04:38 PM
    I still have my iphone 5s to take pictures. Q10 doesn't cut my photo addiction.

Guess my device. "It has keys"
    03-30-14 04:40 PM
    I find the Z30 camera is fine in good light, but that is true of any camera. Even indoor shots are decent. These are only snapshots after all and will mostly be viewed on a screen, although I've printed a few on 4X6 and they're fine. When I need more I take out my DSLR.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 08:20 PM
    Simply put, the iPhone 5s produces the best pics. I also carry an iPhone 5s on top of of my q10 but for most things, I find the 8 megapixel camera to be a good enough on my q10. It's all about expectations. I'm not expecting it to take a million dollar shot with my q10 but I am expecting it to take clear pictures, have a flash, and be good enough.

It's just like the spec war. We live in the age where people expect their tech to be good enough while the minority want high end everything. Some people care about megapixel and megahertz but most don't. Most people want "good enough" which both the 5s and q10 do.

I am satisfied with both my Z and Q camera quality.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 08:38 PM
    I saw thinking of finding a cheap 1020 to use as a camera. New York auto show is coming up so I want a slightly better camera.
    If you're going to get a phone to use as a camera, you can't beat the 1020. Forget the iPhone 5S, this thing will hold its own among high-end point and shoot cameras. There are certain things in the OS that annoy me at the moment, but a lot of my gripes are going to be addressed in the upcoming Windows Phone 8.1 update. There's also no BBM until BlackBerry gets around to releasing that sometime in Q2 of this year, if that makes any difference to you.
    03-30-14 10:26 PM
    03-30-14 10:32 PM
    I use a 5S for taking pictures. The Z30 and Z10 camera's are not good. BB has still yet to make a phone with a quality camera in it. Hoping one day....
    03-30-14 10:37 PM

Yeah that exactly what I have and do. I do hope the new models coming improve the camera though.

Posted via CB10 via Z30
    03-30-14 10:55 PM
    I always have a proper camera with me, a film camera usually my Pentax Program A or my 1950 Zeiss Ikon Symbolica

#believeinfilm
    Well put. The super A is a fantastic camera, especially if you shoot aperture priority.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 11:15 PM
    Well put. The super A is a fantastic camera, especially if you shoot aperture priority.

Posted via CB10
    That's how I shoot it and play with exposure compensation as needed. It's a tiny "full frame" camera compared to DSLRs, especially if you have the Pentax pancake lens (which I plan to buy soon)

#believeinfilm
    03-31-14 02:01 AM
    Sony rx100: near DSLR quality in a pocketable format

Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-RX100 In-Depth Review: Digital Photography Review
    Ive been looking at the Rx100, just don't know if i want to spend that kind of money. I would love to have either the mark 1 or mark 2
    03-31-14 06:10 AM
    If you're going to get a phone to use as a camera, you can't beat the 1020. Forget the iPhone 5S, this thing will hold its own among high-end point and shoot cameras. There are certain things in the OS that annoy me at the moment, but a lot of my gripes are going to be addressed in the upcoming Windows Phone 8.1 update. There's also no BBM until BlackBerry gets around to releasing that sometime in Q2 of this year, if that makes any difference to you.
    I would just use the 1020 as a camera. BBM on it doesn't matter because i have it on my z30. Having had the 1520 I'm familiar with the os. for the price i could probably get the 1020 just might be the best bang for my buck.
    03-31-14 06:12 AM
    I use a galaxy s4 for camera, apps,games and web browsing, and q5 for texting,crackberry,bbm, calling and few apps like whats app

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 07:06 AM