Hey Blackberry users and abusers, I have a question for you! I have always wanted a Blackberry, and my first device was the z10 that I currently in love with. There is a lot of talk about the trackpad coming back, and I'm curious about what the attraction is. I've seen some love about how accurate it is for editing messages and emails, which I get, but why does it have to come with a toolbelt? Trackpad aside, the toolbelt takes away screen space and with BB10 being a GESTURE based OS, I can't imagine that a back or hub button would really be worth it or necessary. Ideas?
    03-30-14 02:48 PM
    I think a huge appeal of the toolbelt is one handed use. I'm not sure BlackBerry ever planned that or it just happened but the older BlackBerry's with tool belt are amazing for one handed use. I have a z10 and the swipes are pretty large. I like how quickly gestures and swiping navigates the phone but if I could do that by moving my finger centimeters instead of inches I would feel more comfortable using the phone one handed.

Posted via CB10
    Egvick likes this.
    03-30-14 03:35 PM
    Many people started with BlackBerry when it had the tool belt and they feel the buttons there make them more productive.
    03-30-14 03:36 PM
    There are many different reasons why people are liking the fact that the trackpad/toolbelt is coming back. Text selection/editing is one, to answer/ends calls by pushing a button is another, and for me personally I have a problem with touch screen phones due to a messed up shoulder/bicep tendon/hand tremors. I have found that hardware keyboard/trackpad works for me at this point, so I am glad the a bb10 classic device is going to be coming out.

My question about the Q20 is whether it is going to be like the 9900/9930 in which the touchscreen was optional in having to be used or will the touchscreen have to be used for somethings.
    Egvick likes this.
    03-30-14 09:43 PM
    I totally understand that. I guess my main concern with the tool belt coming back is the back and hub button that the belt would contain are easily accessible actions with the intuitive gesture based OS of BB10. And personally, call answering is super easy with a touch screen, but I don't have hand issues.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 09:53 PM
    Had all the Blackberries with the trackball and trackpads. Have the Q10 now and don't miss it a bit. Still can manage one handed as well as I could on the others. Personally I don't see the point, it's about screen real-estate and a keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 10:07 PM
    I would say from some people it is more of want rather than a need, but at the end of the day people are going to buy products that works for them. I have an uncle that does not like his touchscreen phone at all because he was so use to pressing button to end a call with his flip phone.

I hope that the Blackberry Classic device sells well enough to keep the BB10 classic line going.
    Egvick likes this.
    03-30-14 10:10 PM
    How I see it, unavoidably there will be those who love the tool belt. For me, the perfect phone would be the q30 concept. I'd take the q20 minus the tool belt. For me it's a solid keyboard as well as screen space. I think it can happen, but the tool belt makes that more difficult.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 10:16 PM