Does anyone know how to unlock the Bold, I have a AT&T Bold

Also Proper way to provision the wifi

Thank You
    11-08-08 03:02 PM
    11-08-08 03:11 PM
    you can call att and tell them you travel for work out of the country and they will email you the code. i have done it for all my blackberrys
    11-10-08 02:43 PM
    you can call att and tell them you travel for work out of the country and they will email you the code. i have done it for all my blackberrys

I just bought a Bold 2 days ago from AT&T store and i switched from t-mobile just to have this beautiful device. Do you think that they will give me the code considering i just started using their service for 2 days?
    11-12-08 02:09 PM
    I called ATT within owning my device for 10 minutes. I was given the unlock code over the phone and was all done in ~5 minutes.
    11-12-08 02:15 PM
    So when they give you this unlock it will allow you to use ur phone on any network that is gsm? Or is that something? I guess my real question is that will this permanently unlock it for good or will there be other loops to go through.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-08 02:29 PM
    If you've been a longtime AT&T customer they'll more likely do it for you, but if you just signed up, they might be a little resistant.
    11-12-08 02:36 PM
    GSM PhoneSource - When Only The Best Will Do is really good.. a friend of mine used it and got her code pretty quickly
    11-12-08 02:38 PM
    AT&T is pretty good about sending the unlock code to you along with the instruction on how to do it. They sent me mine after only having the phone for 1 week.
    11-12-08 02:39 PM
    So I call them and say that I will be going overseas and wanted to get an unlock code so I could use my phone there?

11-12-08 02:45 PM
    If you've been a longtime AT&T customer they'll more likely do it for you, but if you just signed up, they might be a little resistant.

what if I ask my friend who has AT&T account for a longtime to ask for the unlock code? and he will say that this blackberry is his or a gift for him, do you think it will work?
    11-12-08 03:14 PM
    Love AT&T!

Just after this week of converting from the iPhone to the BB Bold... I am loyal to BB and AT&T. They unlocked my phone within 48 hours since my account was new. They verified the account and called me back with te unlock code and instructions in less than 48 hours after I called them.

Far better service than any phone company I've dealt with! A+ in my book. I hope they keep it up!
    11-12-08 03:36 PM
    the unlock code, simply unlocks the Network Lock. Once unlocked you can use the device on an GSM network. No hoops, no additional work necessary. Just swap sim cards.

They gave me the unlock code OVER THE PHONE for 3 8110's after having service for 1 day.

They gave me the unlock code for the Bold after having it for 10min.

I have had at&t service for ~3months

Just call in and ask for it. If they want a reason, just tell them you plan on going overseas and would like to use prepaid sim cards once at your destination. If they give you crap, call back and talk to a different rep.
    11-12-08 03:37 PM
    Call them and ask. They will give it to you on the phone like they did 4 me.

11-12-08 03:55 PM
    They told me they don't know if they have one for the bold yet. They also asked me where I was going, oh gosh just my luck. So the guy was like he can't add it because im a new account. I need the international roaming added first because he can submit the case. Such a hassle. I just told him to forget it and I'll try later
    Last edited by meblahyou; 11-12-08 at 04:26 PM.
    11-12-08 04:12 PM
    I find the customer service people are much more willing early in the morning! You can also try the web chat reps or get the Blackberry dept and ask them
    11-12-08 04:50 PM
    i just unlocked mine by just calling at&t for the code.
    then looking up the instructions on line.
    11-12-08 05:10 PM
    Man I must have done something wrong or said something wrong. All I did was ask to get the unlock code so I can use my phone overseas. I got jipped.
    11-12-08 05:38 PM
    Just received my unlock code by email from AT&T
    11-13-08 02:09 PM
    Just received my unlock code by email from AT&T
    How long have you been a customer? Did they ask you any special questions or anything? Like having to add the international roaming feature first and some crap about being a customer for at least three months? They were hassling me big time. What key words/phrases did you use?
    11-13-08 03:50 PM
    How long have you been a customer? Did they ask you any special questions or anything? Like having to add the international roaming feature first and some crap about being a customer for at least three months? They were hassling me big time. What key words/phrases did you use?
    Been a customer for a little over a year.

I called last night and the 1st person I talked to said that I have not had my account long enough, so i hung up and called back and talked to another person and the person just asked me, WAS THIS PHONE AN UPGRADE? "Yes" I said but it really wasnt.
    The person was just looking through my account and said he had to add the international roaming feature to my phone in order to unlock the phone. It doesnt cost anything to do it.

I said I was traveling international for business and needed to see if he could give me an unlock code the phone so i could use a pre paid sim card while i was over there. He was filling out some form on the computer and had to submit it to some dept for approval and said I should receive the code by the 17th of nov. but I got my email today with the unlock code and instructions on how to do it.

I hope this helps
    GOOD LUCK
    11-13-08 05:00 PM
    I guess is all depends on who u get. I got the code read to me over the phone. Some get emails aparently. I had to add myself as an authorized user under my dads att account to get the code. He's been with att since they were first att wireless, before cingular. My buddy called for his code 2 days ago and got an email instead.

11-13-08 05:33 PM
    I got my code within 24 hours after requesting it from AT&T. I had asked for another unlock code a few weeks before this, so that's probably why they had me wait a little bit.
    11-13-08 05:42 PM
    I just called up at&t and requested an unlock code and it was read over the phone for me, plus the rep also called my home phone to walk me through the unlocking process and sat there till i got the Bold unlock.
    11-13-08 06:35 PM
    They told me they don't know if they have one for the bold yet. They also asked me where I was going, oh gosh just my luck. So the guy was like he can't add it because im a new account. I need the international roaming added first because he can submit the case. Such a hassle. I just told him to forget it and I'll try later
    Avoid the bother with ATT. I purchased an ATT branded locked phone from wirefly.com as what they call a 'replacement phone without contract'. Cost a few $ more than the base ATT price without contract ... but, I did not have to pay for SIM card initializing fee and the first month of service.
    For $16-20 USD there are several reputable unlock services the take 24hr or less to give the code and simple instructions. Look around on this board for some named sites that do this service.
    And, if you go to T-Mobile you must also use the instructions at page 5 of
    forums.crackberry.com/f83/howto-get-all-features-wap-browser-mms-working-t-mobile-usa-unlocked-bold-81554/
    11-13-08 09:20 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD