After the update. 10.2.1. everything is cool but I unsynced my email from the hub bc of the many threads saying that it deleted from the server Without warning and the new way to dl android apps still isn't a great selection. What is a good phone to switch to? Maybe someone who has two phones obviously to include the BlackBerry. Just looking around.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 11:08 AM
    How do you most use your phone? That will give folks and indication of what to suggest.
    Elite1 likes this.
    03-30-14 11:14 AM
    If boredom is the problem, might I suggest going outside. Getting another phone is unlikely to alleviate boredom for more than a few days.
    03-30-14 11:15 AM
    New htc one

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 11:16 AM
    Android if you like to have control and customize how your phone works. IPhone if you like a closed, well run ecosystem.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    If you are going to jump the gun when someone says their phone did something it shouldn't have then you will never find a device that will work for you. Google any phone with the word "Issue" after it and you will see what I mean. Several people had their Samsung Galaxy phones start on fire randomly...doesn't mean that's a common issue and you should avoid that device.

Posted via CB10
    I think a Nokia 3330 will serve you well. You can't get bored of playing Snake and creating Ringtones.
    03-30-14 11:21 AM
    After the update. 10.2.1. everything is cool but I unsynced my email from the hub bc of the many threads saying that it deleted from the server Without warning and the new way to dl android apps still isn't a great selection. What is a good phone to switch to? Maybe someone who has two phones obviously to include the BlackBerry. Just looking around.

Posted via CB10
    Lol really!?
    I would say 70-90% of people haven't had problems with the hub deleting the email unexpected. I know I haven't. And with snap you can download majority of android apps that don't need Google play services.

I would take the persons suggestion that going outside would cure boredom.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 11:31 AM
    Lol smart alecs are we? By bored I mean there's nothing new with the phone. The new os is cool but it's just so blah now. The love is pretty much gone for it. This is the longest I've actually had any phone, over 8 months, and whoever suggested I can't base my judgment off of an "issue" yes I can and OBVIOUSLY I did. Its not like 1 person.. it's multiple accounts of this happening and I can't chance that so since I'm speaking FOR MYSELF This is how I feel. And the phone is used for school texting emailing and putting projects together. Uhmmmmmmm and ya I just want to know of other good phones that are reliable not that BlackBerry isn't it's just not doing it for me anymore. So to those who actually tried to help THANKS! =D

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BergerKing; 03-30-14 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Language edit
    bbq10l likes this.
    03-30-14 11:34 AM
    Lol smart asses are we? By bored I mean there's nothing new with the phone. The new os is cool but it's just so blah now. The love is pretty much gone for it. This is the longest I've actually had any phone, over 8 months, and whoever suggested I can't base my judgment off of an "issue" yes I can and OBVIOUSLY I did. Its not like 1 person.. it's multiple accounts of this happening and I can't chance that so since I'm speaking FOR MYSELF This is how I feel. And the phone is used for school texting emailing and putting projects together. Uhmmmmmmm and ya I just want to know of other good phones that are reliable not that BlackBerry isn't it's just not doing it for me anymore. So to those who actually tried to help THANKS! =D

Posted via CB10
    If this is the longest you've owned a phone, a whole 8 months, then you should be well versed in what's out there and shouldn't need the recommendations from a members of a BlackBerry fan site. I think you should fully expect negative answers to your question as it, in itself, is a negative towards our phone of choice. I feel this is a baiting thread..... could be wrong though.
    03-30-14 11:40 AM
    Ignore the haters, OP.
    Now when you say putting projects together, do you mean as in project management or as in media?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD for iPad
    aming63 likes this.
    03-30-14 11:41 AM
    What was your last phone before your current blackberry?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 11:45 AM
    Ignore the haters, OP.
    Now when you say putting projects together, do you mean as in project management or as in media?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD for iPad
    No one is "hating" the blackberry FAN site is just saying what normal fans would say as well as their experience as far as stuff not deleting from the hub.

This is a BlackBerry fan site isn't it? Isn't it normal for fan sites to defend their product? CB unfortunately is becoming less a fan site and more catering to other fans phones (Not as much CB fault more some members fault). Might have to have a name change soon.

It's unfortunate when BlackBerry fans get called "haters" for defending or sticking up or even saying the truth about the phone they love

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 11:47 AM
    What phone do you currently have? Do you want a big phone with big screen? Do you want one that is very tightly integrated with other non phones? Customizable?

What is it that you find boring about your current phone? Do you think Broader app selection will help you keep it for longer than eight months?

ETA: you should ask at iMore and Android Central or Android Police and the Windows phone forums as well.
    03-30-14 11:48 AM
    Since it sounds like you want a large selection of apps, I'd recommend either an iPhone or an Android device. Since you also said reliable, I'd lean towards either an iPhone 5S or one of the better Android devices like the HTC One M8.

If you want something that's quite different from the normal crop, take a look at Windows phone. App selection isn't there yet (although it's better than the current Blackberry world selection) and it's a completely different UI from what you're likely used to.
    03-30-14 11:50 AM
    Funny you mention this because I just used Sachesi to upgrade to 10.2.1 because my carrier sucks and doesn't release OS updates in a timely manner. Now that I'm on 10.2.1, I'm finding that I like my Z10 even more and I'm really enjoying all of the subtle differences between 10.2.1 and 10.1.

With that said, I came over to BlackBerry from an iPhone 4 mostly because I was bored with iOS and wanted to give something else a try. Maybe give iOS a try? It works well especially if you own other Apple hardware.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 11:50 AM
    If you have too much money to spend, get a Gold white Q10. You might keep it longer than 8 months.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 11:56 AM
    Lol smart alecs are we? By bored I mean there's nothing new with the phone. The new os is cool but it's just so blah now. The love is pretty much gone for it. This is the longest I've actually had any phone, over 8 months, and whoever suggested I can't base my judgment off of an "issue" yes I can and OBVIOUSLY I did. Its not like 1 person.. it's multiple accounts of this happening and I can't chance that so since I'm speaking FOR MYSELF This is how I feel. And the phone is used for school texting emailing and putting projects together. Uhmmmmmmm and ya I just want to know of other good phones that are reliable not that BlackBerry isn't it's just not doing it for me anymore. So to those who actually tried to help THANKS! =D

Posted via CB10
    You had to know you were going to get attacked. Its the norm here.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 03-30-14 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Quote edit.
    03-30-14 11:58 AM
    No one is "hating" the blackberry FAN site is just saying what normal fans would say as well as their experience as far as stuff not deleting from the hub.

This is a BlackBerry fan site isn't it? Isn't it normal for fan sites to defend their product? CB unfortunately is becoming less a fan site and more catering to other fans phones (Not as much CB fault more some members fault). Might have to have a name change soon.

It's unfortunate when BlackBerry fans get called "haters" for defending or sticking up or even saying the truth about the phone they love

Posted via CB10
    That's the problem, the need to defend. He just asked about other phones. There was nothing to defend until he got pushed.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-30-14 11:59 AM
    You had to know you were going to get attacked. Its the norm here.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Norm here? Do you people know this is a BlackBerry fan site right?

No one was attacked at all she asked a question and stated about hub deleting emails, others told here their experience. If there was an "attack" report it to a Mod and they would take care of it. But they won't cause nothing bad was done here

Posted via CB10
    spyeagle likes this.
    03-30-14 12:00 PM
    That's the problem, the need to defend. He just asked about other phones. There was nothing to defend until he got pushed.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    The OP was told of other phones. The OP also said about the hub deleting emails and the android apps wasn't good on BlackBerry so myself and others "defended" or stated our experience with our BlackBerry about hub and apps

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 12:02 PM
    I need to run so I will just make two observations:
    1). The Note 2 that my agency is launching is fantastic for project management types of projects, if that's what the OP is going for.

2). For media type projects, I think iOS has excellent apps and lends itself well to those types of efforts.

Hope you get your question answered, OP.

Sent from my AWESOME gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk
    BergerKing and Rissa_Boo like this.
    03-30-14 12:02 PM
    Norm here? Do you people know this is a BlackBerry fan site right?

No one was attacked at all she asked a question and stated about hub deleting emails, others told here their experience. If there was an "attack" report it to a Mod and they would take care of it. But they won't cause nothing bad was done here

Posted via CB10
    I won't lower myself.

OP, there are many options including trying a leak or waiting for an update for your Blackberry. Choice is actually good.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    03-30-14 12:04 PM
    If you are looking for an "issue" free phone I would try a rotary phone.

They must be in hot demand as few stores have any in stock. You can order them from sites like eBay.

This should prevent any technical issues moving forward.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 12:07 PM
    I won't lower myself.

OP, there are many options including trying a leak or waiting for an update for your Blackberry. Choice is actually good.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    Won't lower yourself to what? Lol do you think your better than me or others here? No one said anything wrong. I even helped by telling you the option say who did or told you to report it to mods.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 12:09 PM
77 123 ...