Now that I've been back to a blackberry phone for about 3 months.i Had been using Android for about 3 years. I just wanted to comment about the blackberry apps because there seems to be a lot of other people meaning android, iPhone, and I can't remember the other brand. That are basing there phone buying decisions on the quantity of apps available and the processing speed. This is my take on it. When it comes to the apps available for blackberry, first off the blackberry phone already has most of the apps I had to find for my android phone as a part of their operating system already built in. Second I'm finding that most of the "popular apps " are available in the blackberry app store, and the few that aren't you can just download the android version any way. The other thing I have noticed is that the quality of the blackberry apps are much better than the others. And lastly my view on basing your buying decisions on the phones processor speeds, my last phone was the Samsung s3 that had all that touch wiz bloat wear built into it. When I first got this phone it seemed purty fast but as time went on the phone became so laggy I couldn't stand to use it, I tried everything to fix it even did A factory reset with no positive results and this phone is supposed have a big processor. Now on to the blackberry os 10 since I have had this phone I have tried to do everything I could think to bog it down and I have not once experienced it lagging and the processor isn't as fast as the Samsung. So what gives? What is blackberry doing with their os programing that allows it work so better with a smaller processor. O one more thing the other comparison I see is how fast the phone turns on. They are always knocking blackberry for how long it takes to "boot up" but what I have found is wile the other phones do actually turn on faster there not actually fully "booted" up and ready to use wile when the blackberry comes on its ready to go.
    Forgive me if I'm using the wrong terminology. Covers

Posted via CB10
    Relletti, pystha, stevepar and 2 others like this.
    03-29-14 11:19 AM
    Please edit your post and separate it into paragraphs

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F
    Fynbo and haringfish like this.
    03-29-14 11:55 AM
    I like your post and yes it is slow booting up but it is ready once done.

Apps...absolutely native BlackBerry applications are way better than android or apple

? Slicing using my ?
    03-29-14 12:17 PM
    QNX is the lightest OS in terms of memory footprint. This makes it both the fastest to boot and shutdown.

"Another advantage of QNX's Neutrino is that it can address larger memory pages than typical, which boosts performance, especially on ARM-based chipsets. This advanced memory management can improve their performance up to 30%, so with a 1GHz CPU, the user will feel as if using 1.3GHz chipset, just because this functionality is built into Neutrino."

Zed30
    03-29-14 12:18 PM
    My Z30 is pure awesomeness.
    03-29-14 12:35 PM
    Please edit your post and separate it into paragraphs

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F
    Grammar Nazi, English obviously isn't the OP's first language. Let's not knock anyone who sees the value of BB10 please !!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 12:52 PM
    You have a point here. System is really fast, and so are almost all apps.

You can see hardware difference when you compare games on stronger devices. My Z10 is working smoother then Nexus 4, but Nexus 5 works better (of course both are supposed to be more powerful).

App wise, cascades is just awesome; it's lightning fast (I just finished an app, and every time i open it I feel a slight joy because it's so fast)
    03-29-14 01:03 PM
    Sorry for the grammar errors. I was using my z10 instead of my q10 and I was in a hurry when I typed it up.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 02:15 PM
    I have to disagree with fastest to boot and shutdown. I came from an iPhone and it takes at least a minute to boot my Q10 compared to 20-30 seconds on an iPhone but hands down better OS belongs to BB10.

There are plenty of youtube videos that show the boot up time comparisons vs. other platforms and BB10 loses every time to iOS. This isn't a very important feature for me but I just wanted to clarify.

Thanks,
    Luke
    03-29-14 02:22 PM
    Now that I've been back to a blackberry phone for about 3 months.i Had been using Android for about 3 years. I just wanted to comment about the blackberry apps because there seems to be a lot of other people meaning android, iPhone, and I can't remember the other brand. That are basing there phone buying decisions on the quantity of apps available and the processing speed. This is my take on it. When it comes to the apps available for blackberry, first off the blackberry phone already has most of the apps I had to find for my android phone as a part of their operating system already built in. Second I'm finding that most of the "popular apps " are available in the blackberry app store, and the few that aren't you can just download the android version any way. The other thing I have noticed is that the quality of the blackberry apps are much better than the others. And lastly my view on basing your buying decisions on the phones processor speeds, my last phone was the Samsung s3 that had all that touch wiz bloat wear built into it. When I first got this phone it seemed purty fast but as time went on the phone became so laggy I couldn't stand to use it, I tried everything to fix it even did A factory reset with no positive results and this phone is supposed have a big processor. Now on to the blackberry os 10 since I have had this phone I have tried to do everything I could think to bog it down and I have not once experienced it lagging and the processor isn't as fast as the Samsung. So what gives? What is blackberry doing with their os programing that allows it work so better with a smaller processor. O one more thing the other comparison I see is how fast the phone turns on. They are always knocking blackberry for how long it takes to "boot up" but what I have found is wile the other phones do actually turn on faster there not actually fully "booted" up and ready to use wile when the blackberry comes on its ready to go.
    Forgive me if I'm using the wrong terminology. Covers

Posted via CB10
    Nice post. If no one has said it already, Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums.

There's a lot to be said about both platforms. At the end of the day, it's what suits each user best, and I'm glad to see you like your new aquisition. I hope you'll enjoy your time here. Don't be reluctant to comment -- there are BlackBerry users of varying experience here. If you have any questions at all, just ask!

Cheers
    03-29-14 06:34 PM
    I would say it is more stable compare to the other platforms.
    03-29-14 06:48 PM
    Grammar Nazi, English obviously isn't the OP's first language. Let's not knock anyone who sees the value of BB10 please !!

Posted via CB10
    Paragraphs have nothing to do with fluency with English. They exist in almost all languages in one form or another.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 12:11 AM