I was having trouble with the Wall Street Journal app, so I decided to uninstall it and reinstall. I deleted it by pressing and holding the icon and then pressing the trash can.

When I went to BB World, it still shows as installed, and if I try to uninstall or delete I get a message "Failed to Uninstall". If I press "Open" nothing happens. I've tried rebooting several times to no avail.

Any idea how to either get the app completely gone or reinstalled?

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 10:20 AM
    I was having trouble with the Wall Street Journal app, so I decided to uninstall it and reinstall. I deleted it by pressing and holding the icon and then pressing the trash can.

When I went to BB World, it still shows as installed, and if I try to uninstall or delete I get a message "Failed to Uninstall". If I press "Open" nothing happens. I've tried rebooting several times to no avail.

Any idea how to either get the app completely gone or reinstalled?

Posted via CB10
    You can try doing it with the Device Manager. Open it, go to the last tab (Storage) and scroll down and hopefully the app is still shown there. Press it and then chose Delete.
    03-29-14 10:59 AM
    Tried that, but it's not listed there.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 11:08 AM
    Hmmm.

Have you Refreshed BB World? Swipe down in BBworld, Settings, General, at the end of the options is "Refresh BB world."

How did you reboot/restart? (see below).

You can try loading Ghost Commander and navigate to Apps (or applications) and see if it is still listed there.

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    03-29-14 11:36 AM
    Ah yes, refreshing BlackBerry World did the trick. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    03-29-14 11:58 AM
    I did the Refresh Blackberry World trick. I was able to download the app again. Now, upon clicking the app, a screen flashes really quick, but nothing happens. The app does not open.
    05-06-15 01:53 PM