I'd been a very loyal customer of BlackBerry since 2008, but know I'm getting tired of company's strategy.

Why do we have to adapt to leaks, sideloads and .apk apps from other OS? A brand must satisfy their customers, not the customer the brand!

I was considering to move to the Z30, but right now I don't even see a clear future or strategy at BlackBerry... even when CEO is thinking to rescue and enforce BB7 devices!

The end is near...

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 07:03 AM
    OK thanks and have a nice day!
    03-29-14 07:05 AM
    Jaydee5799 that's all You have to say? Say something, we all are BlackBerry lovers but we can't stay in silence about bad company's decisions...

Posted via CB for BlackBerry Z10
    03-29-14 07:08 AM
    Define bad decisions. Right now Chen is steadying the ship. Then he will make moves. Just my quick thought.

Guess my device. "It has keys"
    Mr4aces likes this.
    03-29-14 07:17 AM
    cdw5510 I was referring to BB7 enforcement as a survivor strategy! I think BB10 rocks even with the critics I posted at the top. So why Chen doesn't focus in make BB10 an stronger OS?

03-29-14 07:23 AM
    The end is not near. Chen is restructuring the company and he's doing a fine job at it. Z3, Q20 and Z50 the monster with killer specs and hardware to win over non BlackBerry customers, to be released this year. So what if they still support BB7. Obviously there is a demand for it until they make the move to BB10.

People like you always so negative and ready to give up when the ship is coming to the surface. Wait until the end of the year. BlackBerry will be a very different company. Until then enough with the worthless threads.

Posted by my awesome Z10
    03-29-14 07:39 AM
    Dude I feel your frustration. I think this current CEO is a blowhard. Unless someone who is emotionally invested in the company is running it (for example one of the founders of RIM) then it's just a paycheck for these people.

I'd like to see a CEO who uses the phone and can see hey I accidently take 50 pics and call 50 people on accident a day - maybe I should fix the OS. Hey I can't block calls. Hey this phone doesn't have near the customization of 7.1.

Someone who used and loved BBOS but wanted to see BB10 succeed should be running this company. BB10 could be great but either they **** canned too many people or they don't care.

They need to fix this OS to be better than anything out there then advertise the **** out of it.

And as far as some of the people on the forums. They see any frustration or complaining as being disloyal. Therefore you are an ******* to them. When all we want is to have a decent product. I've never had a smartphone other than BlackBerry - although I used to have an iPod 4g and typing on it sucked.

The only reason I'm staying is there isn't a torch style android with quality keyboard on the market and even though I hate typing on glass if I have to then I may as well use this one. But I am sick and tired of the dialing and snapping that goes on all day. I miss my 9810 to tell you the truth.

If they made a torch style bb10 phone with no virtual call and pic buttons and a 5 inch screen I'd be pretty happy.

Keep on venting your frustration. There are people out here who feel like you do - they just don't want to be burned at the stake like you're at a tea party convention saying Obama care isn't so bad.

via CB10 using a Z10 / STL100-3 / RFK121LW / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    03-29-14 07:40 AM
    The end is not near. Chen is restructuring the company and he's doing a fine job at it. Z3, Q20 and Z50 the monster with killer specs and hardware to win over non BlackBerry customers, to be released this year. So what if they still support BB7. Obviously there is a demand for it until they make the move to BB10.
    Thanks for your opinion! So when are coming out those BB10 monster devices? I was thinking on moving to Z30, but I can wait.

03-29-14 07:46 AM
    Dude I feel your frustration. I think this current CEO is a blowhard. Unless someone who is emotionally invested in the company is running it (for example one of the founders of RIM) then it's just a paycheck for these people.

I'd like to see a CEO who uses the phone and can see hey I accidently take 50 pics and call 50 people on accident a day - maybe I should fix the OS. Hey I can't block calls. Hey this phone doesn't have near the customization of 7.1.

Someone who used and loved BBOS but wanted to see BB10 succeed should be running this company. BB10 could be great but either they **** canned too many people or they don't care.

They need to fix this OS to be better than anything out there then advertise the **** out of it.

And as far as some of the people on the forums. They see any frustration or complaining as being disloyal. Therefore you are an ******* to them. When all we want is to have a decent product. I've never had a smartphone other than BlackBerry - although I used to have an iPod 4g and typing on it sucked.

The only reason I'm staying is there isn't a torch style android with quality keyboard on the market and even though I hate typing on glass if I have to then I may as well use this one. But I am sick and tired of the dialing and snapping that goes on all day. I miss my 9810 to tell you the truth.

If they made a torch style bb10 phone with no virtual call and pic buttons and a 5 inch screen I'd be pretty happy.

Keep on venting your frustration. There are people out here who feel like you do - they just don't want to be burned at the stake like you're at a tea party convention saying Obama care isn't so bad.

via CB10 using a Z10 / STL100-3 / RFK121LW / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    We don't want an emotional CEO, we need someone who thinks clearly and knows what to deliver and when.

The jury's still out on JC.

The fact BlackBerry are starting production of a new Bold tells me:
    (a) the company have no clear direction
    (b) they're desperate

The last new BBOS device (released under Thorsten last year) failed to set the mobile world on fire.
    I highly doubt a new Bold will, especially with many companies switching to BYOD to bring costs down.

Apart from the Z3, Chen hasn't mentioned new all-touch BB10 phones.
    03-29-14 07:51 AM
    I agree with you about the future outlook. I get protecting the corporate side of the business, but I would have preferred a device strategy similar to HTC's, a kick *** modern phone to make up for past mistakes with strong marketing and faith behind it. OS10 marketing is still doodoo with Mr. Chen. I'm still not getting rid of my phone, but the ship's not righted yet.

Posted via CB10
    Numero12 likes this.
    03-29-14 07:53 AM
    Thanks for your opinion! So when are coming out those BB10 monster devices? I was thinking on moving to Z30, but I can wait.

The Z30 is an amazing Phone but if you can wait for the Q3 of 2014 the Z50 will look something like this spec wise.

The z50 will be the device to attract new customers. It's going to be 64-Bit Octa-Core. 4GB memory, 32GB HD, 1080p Super AMOLED display @ 5.2" with high ppi. 13 megapixel camera running 10.3 and sporting a 3000mah battery.

If you can't wait pick yourself up a Z30, its and awesome phone. Voted best phone on mobile madness. Beat out all phones including the Nexus 5 in the final battle and all that with no marketing at all on the Z30.

BlackBerry is here to stay. Just be patient.

PS: John Chen said in an interview that BlackBerry will not make the same Marketing mistakes it did in the past for the new phones coming out this year. Let's see what happens.

Posted by my awesome Z10
    Numero12 likes this.
    03-29-14 07:56 AM
    The company needs cash, if a company says... hey, we want to buy 15000 bolds, would you say well... sorry but we don't support those anymore? Right now the most important thing is that these enterprise companies stay on bes, whatever that takes, once they invest in a different system blackberry will never get them back. The strategy makes sense... keep them on bes with cheap phones that work well, fix the company, then get them to upgrade. I don't get all these threads, it's like some of you guys are under the impression that blackberry makes a lot of money off of selling phones to hipsters and tweens...They don't! they make money off of huge bulk corporate orders and enterprise services!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 08:00 AM
    Ask anyone who knows me, I'm a fan girl. So if I'm frustrated why not say., "BlackBerry I'm frustrated". Who better to complain than those of us who purchase more than one BlackBerry phone and therefore show our support with cash?
    igor10000 and Mr4aces like this.
    03-29-14 08:02 AM
    Also news like this make scare in BlackBerry fans, even if they are loyal customers:

http://bgr.com/2014/03/28/blackberry...low-1-billion/

03-29-14 08:03 AM
    The company needs cash, if a company says... hey, we want to buy 15000 bolds, would you say well... sorry but we don't support those anymore? Right now the most important thing is that these enterprise companies stay on bes, whatever that takes, once they invest in a different system blackberry will never get them back. The strategy makes sense... keep them on bes with cheap phones that work well, fix the company, then get them to upgrade. I don't get all these threads, it's like some of you guys are under the impression that blackberry makes a lot of money off of selling phones to hipsters and tweens...They don't! they make money off of huge bulk corporate orders and enterprise services!

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree with you! BES is their bread and butter. If companies want BB7 then they have to keep supporting it until they make the move to BES10.

Posted by my awesome Z10
    Anilu7 and Mr4aces like this.
    03-29-14 08:06 AM
    Totally agree with you! BES is their bread and butter. If companies want BB7 then they have to keep supporting it until they make the move to BES10.

Posted by my awesome Z10
    Some companies won't move to BES10, due to cost. They'll transition to another platform.
    kbz1960, Anilu7 and Kashan Osama like this.
    03-29-14 08:10 AM
    Also news like this make scare in BlackBerry fans, even if they are loyal customers:

http://bgr.com/2014/03/28/blackberry...low-1-billion/

They beat the market expectations. It's not that all bad even though it seems to be. The market was expecting 0.55 loss per share and BlackBerry posted 0.08 loss per share. They are ahead of the game. Next quarter might be a break even or a profit per share. It will take some time. Right now BlackBerry is in the restructuring phase and John Chen will get it done.

Posted by my awesome Z10
    AlexB1227 likes this.
    03-29-14 08:11 AM
    Some companies won't move to BES10, due to cost. They'll transition to another platform.
    And what is that cost? If they transition to a different platform it's going to be free? It's going to cost them money.

Please elaborate.

Posted by my awesome Z10
    j1m0h likes this.
    03-29-14 08:13 AM
    OP, not sure I agree. Just because Chen said they will keep making the phone that makes them the most money (seem like a Business 101 move to me) doesn't mean "the end is near". I've been hearing "the end is near" for a couple years now. For some reason, it's always "just around the corner.

To specifically address your questions......

"Why do we have to adapt to leaks, sideloads and .apk apps from other OS? "

Leaks? You don't *have* to adapt to them . They are just that....a leak. They were not mean for your consumption yet. But carrier roll out is slow. Some more than others. Blame them.

Sideloads? Chicken and Egg. Sideloads are were required because devs decided at some point that the momentum was too far towards IOS and Android for them to care about BB. That leads to less apps. Which leads to less sales. Which leads to less apps. Which leads to less sales.... and so on, and so on.....
    WP has the same issue. In fact ANY phone maker/OS that comes after the great mobile app land grab of 2011 will have the same problem. More chicken and egg issues. The only possible strategy....short of making each any every app themselves....is to simply tap into an existing app store. BB did that, and WP looks to be approaching that strategy as well. But now you only need to sideload Snap....that's it. Hopefully in the future you won't even need to do that.

"A brand must satisfy their customers, not the customer the brand!"
    Not sure I understand this statement, but I'll agree that BB has been all over the map in terms of getting BB10 to a place where people are satisfied, especially all the legacy users. They still show promise, and I think Chen is the best ray of hope from a company that looked like it was in a coma.

...."I was considering to move to the Z30, but right now I don't even see a clear future or strategy at BlackBerry... even when CEO is thinking to rescue and enforce BB7 devices!".........

What does that have to do with your decision to get a Z30? The phone already exists, if you like it, get it. I see a much clearer future with Chen, and the basic plan is to act like they just survived a plane wreck. Strip down to basics, figure out the most important things to do to survive, conserve resources, and focus on a few basic things to get back to where everyone else is. Not sure what you mean by "rescue and enforce" BB7 devices. Rescue it from what... from leading the companies sales? Enforce what? No one is forced to by a BB7 phone. Chevy has a Volt...but still sells big trucks too. They can't survive on just one.
    03-29-14 08:15 AM
    And what is that cost? If they transition to a different platform it's going to be free? It's going to cost them money.

Please elaborate.

Posted by my awesome Z10
    I didn't say moving would be free.

An example: a friend of mine works for a large company in NYC, until recently they were all BES with BB7. They've recalled all BlackBerry handsets and given all employers Windows Phone handsets while moving to Office365/Azure/Lync as it will cost them less over 5 yrs than moving to BES10 will.

Now, I don't know how much they're saving but if a company with over 50k employees is doing this, what about the smaller companies where cost is even more important.
    kbz1960, Anilu7 and richardat like this.
    03-29-14 08:18 AM
    the day is near blackberry will build not many smartphone's because there services is also for ios,android and windows and not only in BES, but also in BBM (IM) or CARS like Apple Carplay. The plarform or brand supporting all is here , yes right here and now and building on for service and that is there strategy to get money from services and some smartphone's and the deal with foxcon is a great deal because they can make money.
    03-29-14 08:21 AM
    I didn't say moving would be free.

An example: a friend of mine works for a large company in NYC, until recently they were all BES with BB7. They've recalled all BlackBerry handsets and given all employers Windows Phone handsets while moving to Office365/Azure/Lync as it will cost them less over 5 yrs than moving to BES10 will.

Now, I don't know how much they're saving but if a company with over 50k employees is doing this, what about the smaller companies where cost is even more important.
    I see your point, thanks for the explanation. Is there a reason then why BES10 is more expensive? Wouldn't BlackBerry want to make this cheaper than the competition to retain your customer base? I'm a bit confused on this part.

But I guess the higher price has to do with the extra security you are getting. There is a trade off. Security vs going cheaper and being vulnerable to attacks, malware, and hacks.

Posted by my awesome Z10
    03-29-14 08:25 AM
    Jaydee5799 that's all You have to say? Say something, we all are BlackBerry lovers but we can't stay in silence about bad company's decisions...

That's the mentality of a lot of people, ignore the bad and praise the company regardless.

BlackBerry don't realise the harm they're doing to their customers by making (and repeating) bad decisions.

As much I like BlackBerry as a company, I recognise they need to be held accountable for said decisions.
    Anilu7 and richardat like this.
    03-29-14 08:58 AM
    I see your point, thanks for the explanation. Is there a reason then why BES10 is more expensive? Wouldn't BlackBerry want to make this cheaper than the competition to retain your customer base? I'm a bit confused on this part.

But I guess the higher price has to do with the extra security you are getting. There is a trade off. Security vs going cheaper and being vulnerable to attacks, malware, and hacks.

Posted by my awesome Z10
    I don't know why BES10 is more expensive, I thinks it's the associated set-up costs.
    I'm not an expert on BES/BES10 but I do realise companies want to save money wherever they can.
    Anilu7 likes this.
    03-29-14 09:00 AM

We don't really know if they are bad decisions yet. We can agree or disagree with the wisdom of some of these decisions, but we won't know if they're good or bad for many months, if not years. We don't even know what all the decisions are yet. You can be sure that there's more to the plan than cutting costs until the company is again profitable. And I know I am hoping that there's more to the plan than pinning all their hopes on a resurgence of BBOS; all that's going to do is hopefully stem the bleeding a while longer, but it's not going to stop it forever.

Personally, I think this latest move with BBOS devices is simply to buy more time for an eventual transition to BB10, time they obviously didn't think they needed when they first brought out BB10. But I do still believe that the goal is to transition to BB10. What they've learned this past year is that they cannot make that transition so abrupt and expect everyone to switch gears to a new platform. The things that have kept BBOS users loyal to BB are the very reasons why they have been so slow to adopt BB10. So continuing BB7 devices and adding the tool belt to some BB10 devices will smooth that transition.
    03-29-14 09:03 AM
132 123 ...