I've been thinking I've tested the Z10, the Q10 and now the Z30 but I still don't know which phone to stay on. I love everything about all of them but then I saw the Q5 they stand out so much with there colors and I love the colors. I know it's only has 8Gb and no hdmi output compared to teh others. Can someone compare the keyboards for me cause I found my big fingers a little to big for the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 04:53 PM
    The keyboard is a bit easier to type on because there are spaces between the keys. The only complaint I have heard about the keyboard is how "clicky" it is. I like the Q5 though. I have one in red and can't complain. I may move to the Q10 when my upgrade comes in August for the extra storage space though. Right now, I have about 2 GB free but I like having lots of space free in case I need to install a big app or OS update.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 04:58 PM
    The keyboard on the Q5 is surprisingly fantastic

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    qwerty4ever likes this.
    03-28-14 05:19 PM
    I've put aside my Z10 for the time being as I'm really liking the keyboard on the Q5. It's a very good device for the price I paid. But it depends what you want to use it for. I write a lot and use it to keep up with the news, weather and sports. The hub is super as well. I also use Twitter quite a bit. But I play very few games and don't use other social media. Except for some games I'm sure the Q5 is great but I can't comment. Actually I don't think you can go wrong with either device; it depends on what you want to do with the device.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 09:38 PM
    Yeah I didn't make it to clear. I don't play games on my phone cause I'm usually on a vita or 3DS. I mostly on crackberry or Facebook. Sometimes on the Web researching. I do from time to time watch videos on YouTube but I'm always near wi-fi. And I listen to music a lot.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 12:03 AM
    Q5's keyboard has no double typing, it is well-spaced and the area is bigger than Q10's (used a friend's Q10 the other day). It's not as clickety as the Curves, however once you use the Q10, you realise Q5 lacks the softness.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 02:15 AM
    Yeah I didn't make it to clear. I don't play games on my phone cause I'm usually on a vita or 3DS. I mostly on crackberry or Facebook. Sometimes on the Web researching. I do from time to time watch videos on YouTube but I'm always near wi-fi. And I listen to music a lot.

Posted via CB10
    Even with only 8gb of space you can pop a SD card in to hold more music. YouTube is best played on a Z10 or Z30. But overall you would have the best bang for your buck with the Q5 it seems. Unless you want to get the best BB10 phone which is the Z30.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    03-29-14 02:21 AM
    if you are not totally opposed to a touch screen...the spacing between keys on a Z10 in landscape mode is pretty good......I've only used the Z10 and Q10...personally, I own the Z10 b/c I like the bigger screen than what the Q10 has to offer, but the Q10 has a GREAT keyboard...I only mentioned the Z10 in landscape b/c you said your fingers are big...
    03-29-14 02:39 AM
    I like the keyboard on the Q5...I found the Q10 keyboard not spacious enough for me. It honestly depends on how much you will be emailing or texting. I got it for $150+tax which IMO was a good deal (the $350 price was a bit too pricey for me). If you can get it below $200 I say go for it...otherwise you may be better off with another phone. Yeah the meager amount of space bugs me a bit especially since roughly 1/4 of it is used for the system alone. Make sure to get a SD card. What I would do is buy it and not use it for texting/phone calls/data and try using WiFi to surf the web and find out if the keyboard is right for you, since it is part of the phone. I did that and after 4-5 days I was sold.
    03-29-14 02:46 AM
    The Z line are very nice phones but that full touch doesn't please me to much. First I have to keep cleaning the touch screen. And I find the Z30 a little heavy. I did love my Z10 but I like the keyboard phones more. The Q10 were very nice but the spacing for the keyboard didn't help me much. That's when I saw the Q5. That spacing and colors really drew me in.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 01:04 PM
    I believe the Q5 is a great entry level BlackBerry 10 device, but you will likely find it to be a bit of a downer from the other devices you mention.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    03-29-14 01:10 PM
    I came from a Z10 to the Q5 and I have not been disappointed with the Q5. It does everything the Z10 does minus the extra screen real estate for videos and games. I have noticed no performance differences and the battery life on the Q5 is amazing. I can go over 12 hours heavy usage with 30-40% left.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 01:24 PM
    I agree! Great phone unless you're big in the gaming and video-business.
    03-29-14 02:41 PM
    The keyboard is a bit easier to type on because there are spaces between the keys. The only complaint I have heard about the keyboard is how "clicky" it is. I like the Q5 though. I have one in red and can't complain. I may move to the Q10 when my upgrade comes in August for the extra storage space though. Right now, I have about 2 GB free but I like having lots of space free in case I need to install a big app or OS update.

Posted via CB10
    The claimed clickieness of the BlackBerry Q5 keyboard is overblown by some people. Can you hear a slight click when in a quiet room like a library or when you're home alone without the radio or television making sound? Yes albeit very minor and certainly silent compared to your desktop or notebook computer keyboards. I agree with your assessment "I...can't complain."
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    03-30-14 04:07 PM
    I believe the Q5 is a great entry level BlackBerry 10 device, but you will likely find it to be a bit of a downer from the other devices you mention.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    I consider the BlackBerry Q5 to be equivalent to the BlackBerry Bold 9700/9780/9790 in terms of it being a professional-grade smartphone compared to the legacy BlackBerry Curves. Maybe the Q10 is the equivalent of the Bold 9900? If your primary use is communication, the Q5 or Q10 are very good; the Q5 has a better screen/resolution.
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    03-30-14 04:12 PM
    Don't compromise, just go for the Q10. A much refined user experience.

My q5 sounds like a type writer. If you have seen or heard one work, u know what I mean. It's NOISY when you use the keypad.

The Q10 screen is a higher resolution, it's got Gorilla glass and works just as good in sunlight. Unlike the q5 screen which is some plastic material and reflects sunlight making it very difficult to use.

The q10 keyped is super refined, and has a lot more features.

Go for the Q10.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 11:37 AM
    Compared to the Q10 the Q5 has exactly the same screen resolution and is probably a bit brighter on account of it being an LCD panel instead of AMOLED. I use a Q5 in preference to a Z10 for daily use, not because it is better but it is better suited to my daily routine of calls, messaging and emails. As a media device and all rounder the Z10 is a better bet. The keyboard on the Q5 is very good - yes there is some dull clicking but it is not noisy and gives excellent feedback. When typing... I am quicker and more accurate on the Q5 than the Z10. The bezel area on the Q5 means that gestures are effected better on the Q5 than the Q10. Best of all the Q5 is (or rather was) considerable cheaper... I got a red one for 99 GBP which is great for a 4G LTE phone. The Q10 is 4 times the price so the decision was a no brainer.

PS ... also loving the keyboard shortcuts... so much easier to scroll to the bottom or top of a web page this way, or reload, or go to previous page.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 07:25 AM
    I have a Z10 and a Q5. But I use more of my Q5 since it is easier and more reliable for e-mailing, blogging, social media. And I do think it is kind of cool to have a red qwerty blackberry on your table during meeting when everyone else have iphone or samsung. I love to be different.

Posted Via CB10 on my Q5
    04-06-14 07:52 PM
    Thanks guys for all the feedback. It's a real big help and yet makes it also really hard to choose. From all the feedback I have gotten this is the break down.

*Equal
    Both screens give or take are about the same
    They both feel awesome in your hands for typing

*Q10
    Built more premium
    Classic bold 9900 feel (not exact but close)
    HDMI (feature I would miss the most)
    Removable battery (sometimes you need this to hard reset) *bold days

*Q5
    Keyboard clicks (kind of attracted to that)
    Colored phone look sexy
    Easier swipe navigation
    Easier to customize (something for me cause I like hacking)

One thing that also made me consider the switch was a user on crackberry custom his Q5 to have all black with a red keyboard and it looked amazing I thought the white Q10 was awesome but that stands out alot.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-14 12:20 AM