One of the great things I loved about the old OS's today themes was that my calendar appointments were always there in my face. I didn't need to check what they were by swiping or tapping.

I think it would be nice if a customizable agenda can be printed on the wallpaper at regular intervals (like some weather apps, and wallpaper changer HD do).

This would be especially useful if we could customize the placement of the icons in the trays (but that hasn't happened yet)

For now, perhaps a small font which only takes up the bottom row of icons.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    03-27-14 11:32 AM
    yeah, can't see them doing anything with the OS for customization. They never even officially released the them software for OS7 did they? And I left that a year ago. I would love to see changes in the UI but I wonder how much will be done. I doubt very much at all.
    And there aren't any weather apps that can remain headless yet either. So that's a concern. Neither the apps not the OS has matured enough for those things.
    03-27-14 12:20 PM
    One of the great things I loved about the old OS's today themes was that my calendar appointments were always there in my face. I didn't need to check what they were by swiping or tapping.

I think it would be nice if a customizable agenda can be printed on the wallpaper at regular intervals (like some weather apps, and wallpaper changer HD do).

This would be especially useful if we could customize the placement of the icons in the trays (but that hasn't happened yet)

For now, perhaps a small font which only takes up the bottom row of icons.

Posted via CB10
    That would be cool to have a customizable real time wallpaper. It would have to be headless. Have things like calendar (day/week/month view options), weather and etc.
    03-27-14 12:47 PM
    This is my number one missing feature. I'm always manually locking my phone so I never see the calendar appointments on the main screen. Any developers out there want to get take this on? I'm sure it would be a huge hit with the power users.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 07:24 AM
    I loved the old Today themes. I'm not quite sure how they could implement them without a radical change to the way Home Screens are handled. Perhaps adding a new Home Screen tab for widgets would solve this.
    04-11-14 10:49 AM
    I loved the old Today themes. I'm not quite sure how they could implement them without a radical change to the way Home Screens are handled. Perhaps adding a new Home Screen tab for widgets would solve this.
    If they just implemented a way to assign wallpapers to each screen, I believe one could make this idea functional. I don't have time to render any images, but, for instance, imagine a 1st screen with a row of icons on the top, and then the agenda printed to the first wallpaper.

But yes, a single homescreen with widgets would be awesome.
    04-11-14 04:50 PM