Hello everyone, the fascist AKP government has blocked Twitter and YouTube in Turkey. Is there a program that could help us securely access these networks from BlackBerry devices? Things are getting worse here before the "elections".

TAN OKAN Q10
    03-27-14 10:44 AM
    Maybe a proxy or VPN could help?
    03-27-14 10:53 AM
    Is is safe for you to be posting such a request?

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 11:04 AM
    Maybe a proxy or VPN could help?
    I couldn't find a VPN program. Do you know any? I also tried Android apps but they won't work.

TAN OKAN Q10
    03-27-14 11:14 AM
    Is is safe for you to be posting such a request?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I guess, at least for now.

TAN OKAN Q10
    03-27-14 11:22 AM
    I don't have THAT much experience. I usually follow online guides and such. I found this info at the BB site...

Wi-Fi network settings - How To - BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone - 10.0.0

Also check here...

Hide My ***! Free Proxy and Privacy Tools - Surf The Web Anonymously
    03-27-14 12:10 PM
    You don't need Twitter or YouTube; use BBM Channels
    03-27-14 12:15 PM
    ^^^ Hahaha good response..I will certainly recommend this to some friends out there!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 03:37 PM
    Latest news: Facebook will also be banned soon. Wtf!

By the way, older BlackBerry smartphones with BIS connection has access to all websites.

People don't know anything about BBM Channels. I sent an invitation to all my Facebook connections.

TAN OKAN Q10
    03-27-14 04:24 PM
    I support my friend from Turkey and ask for serious help to access to banned websites. There are some Vpn softwares on IOS and Android which they can access easily. Changing DNS was useful in the beginning but now the gov't has changed the banning technique and we are hopeless. If there is any way, especially on carrier data connection, it would be appreciated a lot.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 06:25 PM
    Although I haven't tried myself, personalVPN by witopia.net is effective according to some users. It's $5.99 a month or $49.99 for a year.

If you are IT inclined then I would suggest you to adjust DNS server settings at home/office network and setup a VPN server and connect to it from the BB. However, this setup can be much more costly / complicated than just paying for a hosted vpn service such as witopia.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 03:32 AM
    Hello everyone, the fascist AKP government has blocked Twitter and YouTube in Turkey. Is there a program that could help us securely access these networks from BlackBerry devices? Things are getting worse here before the "elections".

TAN OKAN Q10
    First of all, I'm so sorry to hear that some countries put up firewalls to restrict what their residents see, hear, and share with other people within and beyond their borders. I hope to resume accessing banned websites very soon.
    Fortunately, connecting to a VPN server will enable you to 'tunnel out' of the censorship restrictions and access the full World Wide Web however there are few VPN providers that support blackberry device, thus make sure you find a right vendor for the purpose.
    Personally I've subscribed to purevpn service for more than a year and it's so far so good. I used the following configuration guide to set it up on my Z10 that could be helpful for you as well:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=OEy-wxGA
    gusanbage likes this.
    03-28-14 04:44 AM