Hey, anyone else fed up with the crap that seeking alpha publishes?

I am definitely a huge BlackBerry fan and pretty biased towards my Z30, but it seems that Seeking Alpha pretty much allows any crap article to be published despite its lack of fact or information

Here is a great example of one such article :

BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) news: The Phablet Will Kill BlackBerry [Apple Inc.] - Seeking Alpha

The author, Kofi Bofah, who is a huge BlackBerry basher uses the word 'kill' in his headline to garner attention.

I am open to all sides of an argument despite my BlackBerry favoritism, but I get tires of hearing old news rehashed and also tired of more recent positive news for BlackBerry be overlooked, like the techno buffalo readers choice best phone contest.

Oh well, clearly seeking alpha is not really interested in quality of discussion, but rather number of clicks

I thought I would have some fun with my headline, I guess because I can

Maybe a Google search will find this headline and seeking alpha will understand my intentional hypocrisy

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 07:39 AM
    The title should be changed to "seeking alpha articles are bogus".

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and Lanie Walters like this.
    03-27-14 08:07 AM
    Lol every articles that says one thing bad about blackberry is looking for clicks and every article that praises blackberry is a well respected often read website.
    Let's add this site to CNET, engaget,pocketnow,CNN,WSJ,bgr, what else am I missing.
    JeepBB, AtInsider, 21stNow and 2 others like this.
    03-27-14 08:09 AM
    They post whatever.

U are wrong

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 08:58 AM
    There are just as many overly pro BlackBerry articles too. Both sides are to be taken with more than a few grains of salt.

Posted via CB10
    Tre Lawrence and JeepBB like this.
    03-27-14 09:02 AM
    Best thing to do is not click on the said articles. You're only adding to the reason he post the article in the first place.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 09:06 AM
    Cj, absolutely I agree. I just get a little tired of the words being thrown around like 'kill'

Those negative absolutes can be quite misleading of someone doesn't take the time to read the article but rather just the headline

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 10:41 AM
    Cj, absolutely I agree. I just get a little tired of the words being thrown around like 'kill'

Those negative absolutes can be quite misleading of someone doesn't take the time to read the article but rather just the headline

Posted via CB10
    Pick any public company and you'll find the exact same style of writing there. I learned long ago not to even bother reading from that site.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 10:48 AM
    Probably good advice, thanks cj

Posted via CB10
    cjcampbell likes this.
    03-27-14 11:03 AM
    The issue with Articles from Seeking Alpha is they are all Opinion Based, whether it be BBRY negative or Positive.
    SA claims to filter through the trash and urges the Author to rectify there write up so it may qualify with SA standards.

In my opinion, either SA's standards are flawed or they are not properly screening out the BS with the Legit.

There are much better sites with much better write ups that are presented with credibility and sensibility. All backed with facts. Opinion is fine, just don't flat out lie and make it sound as if they were facts.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-27-14 04:19 PM
    what else am I missing.
    The bible and TV guide. Lol

Sent From ipizzle using Tapatalk
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    03-27-14 04:25 PM
    Lol every articles that says one thing bad about blackberry is looking for clicks and every article that praises blackberry is a well respected often read website.
    Let's add this site to CNET, engaget,pocketnow,CNN,WSJ,bgr, what else am I missing.
    The Verge.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app
    03-27-14 04:27 PM
    Did you not notice he is Long Apple, of course he is negative. Every article he has written is the same. When I see who wrote the article I usually don't read it.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 04:32 PM
    Honestly I see a lot of articles supporting BlackBerry on seeking alpha
    03-27-14 04:33 PM
    I won't worry there is a equal amount of articles for and against blackberry on the site.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 07:25 PM
    Complaining about SA is kind of like complaining about... I don't know. Air? Water?

SA has NO EDITORIAL CONTROL WHATSOEVER. People sign up and publish what they want. The "pro" users are paid by the click, so of course they're going to publish clickbait.

There are BB-friendly and unfriendly stories on there. It's a public forum just like this one, and users are encouraged to comment. To me, it's at least moderately democratic. Most DEFINITELY not worth losing sleep over.
    03-27-14 07:29 PM
    It's about 50/50 on SA. Read enough from there, you will notice the same folks are overly negative while another group are overly positive. The key is to sift through the blah blah blah, and soak up useful facts

CB10'n it via da Z
    03-27-14 07:55 PM
    Just added my first post to thus seeking alpha article, however, it was deleted as "blanket dismissal of someone else's ideas". They must be kidding me, censorship of opinions it is. Never visiting this garbage site again.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 06:34 AM
    Copy and paste here then there will be no need to add revenue to that link. He's wrong anyway. Phablets have been out for a while. It hasn't killed anything. The Z10 and Z30 are just the right size imo.
    03-28-14 07:06 AM
    Who or what is this Seeking Alpha??? Until BlackBerry gains some upward traction, we need to have thicker skins.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    03-28-14 07:47 AM
    If you think their articles are often bad about Blackberry, you should see the plethora of articles that eviscerate Google/Android and occasionally Apple/iOS.

Seeking Alpha is saturated with some really, really, bad analyses and advice. I only subscribe to a couple of feeds just to get that occasional nugget of interesting information. More often than not, I just skim the headlines until I find one that may be worth reading.
    03-28-14 08:14 AM