Not sure if this is the right spot to post this.
    Ok so this is what I think I want to do. I bought both a q10 and z10. I have spent time using each phone and love them both. The conclusion I've come to is that for what I do the q10 is the best phone for me, I'm on the go always moving around be it inside my store or out on the road and I keep going back the q10 wile I like the screen size of the z10 and touch keyboard is awesome. The battery life can't be beat ease of carrying around making phone calls texting, taking notes, setting reminders and and answering emails The q10 is just easier and faster to use wile moving around, so I want to buy a blackberry play book for browsing the internet and doing things that a bigger screen is good for wile at home or in my store setting at my desk. A wile back I tried a samsung tablet and couldn't stand it. What I need to know is there anything I need to look for when I purchase a playbook. I don't much about them. Like what apps are available can android apps be loaded on it like os10 and so on. Any help is much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 07:53 AM
    I used to use my PB in exactly the same way as you intend to - as a big display for a partnered BB phone. It worked very well.

Bridge was awesome, and has now been restored to glory when used with BB10 (BB's previously poor decision to remove useful Bridge capability has been reversed). The PB browser was, and always will be, total garbage (IMO) - luckily the Origami browser is a first class replacement.

The PB has the Android player too, but I can't comment on current App availability.

If you can find one cheap, the PB is still excellent for the use you propose. Get the 64GB version if you can, it just future proofs you for very little extra cash and allows storage of movies/music for on-the-road times (which was the other main use of my PB).
    03-26-14 08:07 AM
    Lots of playbook 32 G's for sale on Kijiji. Don 't use my playbook very often anymore. Suggest that you try a Z30 I do find the screen on my Z10 to be too small for great internet use. If the playbook was full BB10 it would be stupendous but it isn't.
    rickz97 likes this.
    03-26-14 08:14 AM
    Thanks for info. Any more comments is appreciated

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 08:28 AM
    i've stopped using my Playbook since getting my Z10. and I agree with you, the battery is horrible on the Z10. keep in mind the Playbook was launched about 3 years ago, April 2011. it was a beautiful piece of hardware when it was launched. It runs some android apps that are gingerbread, not like BB10. I would say go try it out before buying it, but that's probably not possible right now.
    03-26-14 08:53 AM
    Can anyone recommend a non blackberry tablet other than samsung. I don't plan on doing anything crazy with it. Just browse the internet keep our facebook page updated. and play a few games which I don't do much of.

Posted via CB10
    world saviour likes this.
    03-26-14 08:58 AM
    Can anyone recommend a non blackberry tablet other than samsung. I don't plan on doing anything crazy with it. Just browse the internet keep our facebook page updated. and play a few games which I don't do much of.

Posted via CB10
    I own a Playbook too, but if you want something great for cheap, check out B&N Nook Hd or HD+. Both are excellent values if Android is palatable.
    03-26-14 09:00 AM
    If you. Want android go with nexus 7
    It's cheap and you will get latest android all the time

Go for ipad mini
    It's one of the best. For browsing and a lot apps and games to choose from

Go for dell vanue windows 8 with 7 or 8 inches I don't remember
    You can do all plus you will get full working windows

I would not suggest playbook Cuz I used to have playbook ( 16gb then 64gb)
    It's ok tablet but you will get bored quickly

These are my opinions only

Posted via CB10
    MikeLip likes this.
    03-26-14 09:02 AM
    It's cheap and you will get latest android all the time and it's really value for the money. It's very powerful tablet

Go for ipad mini

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 09:03 AM
    Are you looking for use wifi with a bridge, or intend to be a stand alone unit?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 09:09 AM
    It's cheap and you will get latest android all the time

Go for ipad mini

Posted via CB10
    I doubt he wants to pay a boatload for it. As a z10 user, most of the time you don't even need a tablet these days.

Also pb bores me, not because it's boring itself but because im.on my z10 all the time anyways

From zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    03-26-14 09:11 AM
    I doubt he wants to pay a boatload for it. As a z10 user, most of the time you don't even need a tablet these days.

Also pb bores me, not because it's boring itself but because im.on my z10 all the time anyways

Nexus 7 is dirt cheap and great tablet but can do

And I have q10 and z10 and also have microsoft surface 1.

What I mean is that no matter what smartphone you have z10 z30 iphone, you will still need bigger screen tablet or laptop

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 09:20 AM
    Sorry but, haha hahaha. So many newer and better pads out there. Don't waste your money on a PB.

Browser crashes no matter how many times you reinstall the OS. You should not have to turn things off to keep it from snapping shut!

Not supported well. Not in the beginning nor now.

No third party software support.

Slow CPU and lacking GPU.

Buyer beware!!

Posted via Verizon Z10 - OS v10.1.2.2174
    03-26-14 09:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    We purchased an Asus MemoPad to replace my daughter's Samsung Galaxy Tab that stopped working. She likes the Asus. It is inexpensive, has HD display, expandable memory and is responsive enough for her needs. The Forced App Launcher error message keeps showing up but goes away when u clear the browser history. It is apparently and Android thing. She has a Z10 as her daily driver . The MemoPad is $149 and available on Amazon.

Loving my Zed 10!!
    03-26-14 09:43 AM
    Sorry but, haha hahaha. So many newer and better pads out there. Don't waste your money on a PB.

Browser crashes no matter how many times you reinstall the OS. You should not have to turn things off to keep it from snapping shut!

Not supported well. Not in the beginning nor now.

No third party software support.

Slow CPU and lacking GPU.

Buyer beware!!
    This is All true... especially about the stock browser being slow, buggy, checker-boarding garbage...

And yet, over on eBay I'm seeing 64GB PB's with charging/docking station at less than �50!

You won't get a Nexus7 for that.

Yes, PB is 3 years old, and is the red-headed child that nobody in BB ever mentions... But I still reckon it would be fine for the use OP wants it for... and it's practically free! LOL
    03-26-14 09:54 AM

Posted via CB10
    What you just described is exactly how I use my Playbook on a daily basis, other than Facebook. I usually us the Facebook app on my Q10. Movies, PDF files, internet (when I don't have access to a computer), and games are what I do daily with my Playbook. If you can find a good one for $50 on ebay like the OP said, I don't see where you can go wrong. Keep us posted.
    03-26-14 10:09 AM
    Either With wifi. Or by connecting thru my phone for internet

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 10:11 AM
    I would really prefer to stick with blackberry. But there sure is mixed opinions on the playbook. The dell tablet sounds like maybe a good option. I don't want to spend a ton on a tablet because I'm not going to be doing anything hardcore with it. If the z30 didn't cost so much to buy without a contract I would probably just buy one of those and use it as a tablet.
    As sweet as the z10 is I just can't stand carrying around a phone that big. And I relize the z10 is not huge by today's standards. But my q10 just works better for me for realistic daily use.

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat likes this.
    03-26-14 10:26 AM
    Nexus 7 is dirt cheap and great tablet but can do

And I have q10 and z10 and also have microsoft surface 1.

What I mean is that no matter what smartphone you have z10 z30 iphone, you will still need bigger screen tablet or laptop

Posted via CB10
    I do have a laptop but I only use very rarely. I couldn't care less for the bigger screen. As for the surface, unless you get the RT? That can function like the laptop idk what else it brings to the table in terms of big screen

03-26-14 10:28 AM
    Well I found a new use for my Playbook. Im downloading word document on my phone and displaying them through the bigger playbook screen. The q10 screen is puny. The playbook allows me to do assignment and questions and better yet, I no longer have to lug around my heavy laptop.

And who knows? Maybe the Playbook will get an os update. Someone in the forums found playbook files in the 10.3 leak. I will have to warn u though. You must take into account that the Playbook is somewhat "old" technology.

I was on it today on YouTube and videos took quite a while to load. The display on the screen is still quite nice but even viewing pdfs can be irritating.

Cheers, it would cool to see what ur decision turns out to be.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 11:55 AM
    The only qualm about the playbook that I currently have is the browser needs to be updated. Though you can alleviate this by using origami browser

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 12:06 PM
    If you want to scope out the app selection for the PB, check out 'goodereader.com', this site seems to have a curated selection and I use a few from there. And if you're fine with trial and error, convert the apks to bars to see what works but that can be a crapshoot.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-28-14 08:42 AM
    The PlayBook would be so much more useful if BlackBerry at least updated the browser to that of BB 10, the new style keyboard and even BlackBerry World.

The Browser at the very least they should have!!

? Posted via CB10 on my ? Z30
    03-28-14 10:42 AM
    Don't bother with the PB. Its garbage and the company screwed its users over.

Posted via CB10
    Bdot-1 likes this.
    03-28-14 07:11 PM
    Don't bother with the PB. Its garbage and the company screwed its users over.

Posted via CB10
    It's not garbage and especially not for the price. Company did screw us over but to say it's garbage is stupid. I recently fired some tunes up on it and my gracious.

It's for media consumption these days and streaming media since I use origami browser with ad block

03-28-14 07:18 PM
56 123