With the release of android wear, I believe many manufacturers will jump to embrace it as a platform for wearable devices.

So I guess various wearables from different OEM s will be running off one single platform android wear.

BlackBerry should develop inhouse a native app preloaded with the new devices that allows interaction with these wearables. As they all run android wear then one interface will operate them all.

This should be done in parallel to what's going on with android wear and be one of the first to embrace rather than be late to the party.

I don't believe BlackBerry is going to consider a wearable os anytime soon, and actually supporting wearable android devices fully removes AN edge that android smart phones have, and keeping bb10 phones to par with them.

Thoughts please.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 12:28 AM
    If it's possible, i'd like Blackberry to develop something that would make our BB10 devices work with android wear.

But looking at it realistically, BB's always late to the party. I get the fashionably late thing, but blackberry gets there when everybody has already left, so i'm not expecting much from them...
    03-26-14 01:33 AM
    Would Android Wear require Google services?

Figured it would. Although perhaps the Android 4.3 requirement is merely a Bluetooth LE requirement, and Blackberry devices have that already.

So maybe updating the runtime to 4.3 is enough? Or adding Google services?
    03-26-14 07:20 AM
    If it's possible, i'd like Blackberry to develop something that would make our BB10 devices work with android wear.

But looking at it realistically, BB's always late to the party. I get the fashionably late thing, but blackberry gets there when everybody has already left, so i'm not expecting much from them...
    No BlackBerry gets there once the wrecking crew has brought the home down.
    03-26-14 12:04 PM
    But does it blend?

Kidding aside.. That's some cool shiz. There's only one update I want this year and that's the android runtime. If I can get android apps working on my Z10 I wont need to get my first Android

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    03-31-14 08:00 PM
    Anyone able to get this working on a BB10 OS??
    08-23-14 01:41 AM
    I heard someplace someone had luck installing lastest google play services and patched android wear. I tryied but I didn't manage to pass the "upgrade needed" screen. Did someone had more success? Any clue?
    03-05-15 03:58 PM
    I guess we can't do anything until google releases android wear source code.
    03-09-15 06:41 PM
    Anything new with Android Wear and BB10? I like my Q10 but I would like it even more if I could get SMS or BBM messages on a watch. Anyone able to get this to work?
    Sparksx likes this.
    07-10-15 05:01 PM