Just looked through the latest connected business mag from rogers. Near the back there is an article on how to switch from blackberry to iphone. Not BlackBerry legacy to BB10. I find it disappointing that the support for a once so great canadian company doesn't continue through their hard times. Canadian companies should support canadian companies. To top it off is that 2 pages later on the back page is a full page ad for the BlackBerry Z30. So rogers is happy to take their advertising money but not support their canadian companies. Unfortunately.
    Rogers showing users how to switch to iPhone in their business magazine?-img_20140325_202502.jpg
    Rogers showing users how to switch to iPhone in their business magazine?-img_20140325_202517.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Morty2264, axeman1000 and sidim like this.
    03-25-14 10:31 PM
    Clarified their oops in your title. They didn't learn from T-Mobile's fiasco. But is the top an actual ad, or a tip article? Curious.
    03-25-14 10:37 PM
    It's kind of both. It's their connected business magazine. Just bugged me. They run and article (which is really an ad) to leave blackberry and on the next page take blackberries money and run a full page ad. I get business but it's still a **** move. Just would be nice to see more support for a great canadian company from another huge canadian company

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 10:49 PM
    Tweet @rogershelps.

I already sent them a tweet.

Pretty sad, can't wait until my contract is up so I can switch to a company with decent service.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 10:53 PM
    time to email the crtc. Company-decent service- Canada? no such thing.
    03-25-14 10:56 PM
    Pathetic....instructions are noted as for "non-BB10 device" but they have a Q10 in the image. This purely antagonistic. I was considering one of the rogers' corporate plans...fat chance now!
    03-26-14 04:25 AM
    I don't see what the problem is here. Only thing you can blame ROgers for is using a Q10 in the article picture yet posting instructions for legacy Blackberry.

Like most other carriers in North America, Rogers probably gets tons of requests and calls for support from people who are trying to move from legacy Blackberry phones to Android or iOS devices.

They can't post a 'BlackBerry to Android' guide because Android phones are very diverse. But the iPhones are pretty much similar and one guide can cover most of 'em.

Rogers does not owe a duty to 'a once great canadian company'. They owe a duty to their shareholders, investors and customers. Part of that is efficient customer support. If a whole chunk of their customer base want to jump ship from legacy Blackberry to iPhone and Samsung, Rogers is best served helping them to switch as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Devote more time to asking why a whole lot of Canadians are happy to jump from the OS7 and OS6 devices to Android and iOS. You gonna blame them or Blackberry?
    03-26-14 04:55 AM
    It's kinda odd with BlackBerry's ad that follows, but just a reflection of the market trend.

What better place to give a tutorial than in their own publication?
    03-26-14 06:51 AM
    Tweet @rogershelps.

I already sent them a tweet.

Pretty sad, can't wait until my contract is up so I can switch to a company with decent service.

Posted via CB10
    LOL decent service in Canada, you're funny

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 07:47 AM
    Hi everyone,

I'm Nicolas from Rogers Social Media team. If there's one thing we know it's that people love their BlackBerry, and so do we.

For your info, it's part of a series of "How To's" tutorials to help users get the best out of their devices and transition smoothly to other platforms.

Here's another post from the same series called "How-To: Switch from Android or iPhone to BlackBerry 10"
    How-To: Switch from Android or iPhone to BlackBerry 10

And here's another one "How-To: Switch from iPhone to Windows Phone 8": How-To: Switch from iPhone to Windows Phone 8

Hope this clarifies!

Cheers,

Nicolas
    Feel free to tweet @RogersNicolas
    03-26-14 09:01 AM
    Clarified their oops in your title. They didn't learn from T-Mobile's fiasco. But is the top an actual ad, or a tip article? Curious.
    It's a tip article that you can find here: Make the Move: To Android From BlackBerry

As explained in my other post, it's part of a series of "How To's". We previously had one called: "How-To: Switch from Android or iPhone to BlackBerry 10" that you can find here as well: How-To: Switch from Android or iPhone to BlackBerry 10 or "How To: Switch from iPhone to Windows 8".

Nicolas
    03-26-14 09:13 AM
    Hi everyone,

I'm Nicolas from Rogers Social Media team. If there's one thing we know it's that people love their BlackBerry, and so do we.

For your info, it's part of a series of "How To's" tutorials to help users get the best out of their devices and transition smoothly to other platforms.

Here's another post from the same series called "How-To: Switch from Android or iPhone to BlackBerry 10"
    How-To: Switch from Android or iPhone to BlackBerry 10

And here's another one "How-To: Switch from iPhone to Windows Phone 8": How-To: Switch from iPhone to Windows Phone 8

Hope this clarifies!

Cheers,

Nicolas
    Feel free to tweet @RogersNicolas
    I gotta say Nicholas, you've impressed me with your dedication.

He replied to my tweet, and managed to find this thread as well and reply to everyone else as well.

I'm pretty impressed. Good job!

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 09:15 AM
    I gotta say Nicholas, you've impressed me with your dedication.

He replied to my tweet, and managed to find this thread as well and reply to everyone else as well.

I'm pretty impressed. Good job!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! It's my pleasure. I can understand where the people who only saw that one article come from, and I just wanted to add some context to it. I shared the feedback from this thread with our team to do a better job at anticipating how similar posts may be perceived.
    03-26-14 09:44 AM
    Nicolas, why was a Q10 used in the photo?
    03-26-14 11:38 AM
    Nicolas, why was a Q10 used in the photo?
    Actually, the original online post from November featured (what seems to be) a 9300 and an iPhone 4. I don't have any info regarding this post in particular but we usually use pictures depending on availability, relevance and how it looks on the page. It could have been a Z10 and an iPhone 5c instead, but rest assured that there's no subliminal message. When posts concern a particular device (whatever the topic is), the model is specified, like in this one How-To: Get More from the BlackBerry Q10 Keyboard
    anon(5906760) likes this.
    03-26-14 12:33 PM
    Rogers Nicholas I agree with a job well done on dealing with this. You are to be commended. As was mentioned above you found us all and answered our concerns and posted the appropriate responses to show you guys do care. I have been with rogers since you were cantel so I'm not going anywhere. Like any diehard fan us blackberry heads are fanatical. And at times can jump to conclusions. Thanks for your responses, they are appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 02:34 PM