Hi all,

So a couple of weeks ago I started having some issues with my Z10. Not thinking much of it, I gave it some time to resolve and waited for it to start working again. However, the issue (not receiving any mobile network signal and switching between no service and "emergency calls only") persisted. I assumed it was my carrier as I'd had issues with Telus in the past, and my reliable Z10 has always been fine. However, after many attempts nothing was resolved.

I unlocked my phone and tried it with a Rogers SIM and had the same issue, and doing a factory reset didn't help in the slightest. So now, I'm faced at the issue of I have a broken BlackBerry which I need fixed within the next few days as I'm leaving for Europe and need to have some method of communication.

Any tips on how I could fix this? I'm assuming that it's a hardware issue, could I simply replace the antenna with a replacement module and be on my way? In terms of BlackBerry's warranty, how would I go about taking advantage of it? I won the phone in a contest through Telus and Mobilesyrup (a Canadian mobile news site), so I'm not sure if I'd even qualify.

I need this phone fixed fast, and I'd love to hear your suggestions as to how I could resolve the issue!

Thanks,
    -Evan
    03-25-14 12:46 PM
    What version OS are you on? If you are on a leak you could have the wrong radio file installed.
    03-25-14 12:51 PM
    No leak. Just the standard 10.2.1 on Koodo. It cuts in and out; it will get service for maybe 15 minutes or so and then will cut out for a good 5 or 10 hours for no reason.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 02:05 PM
    Would it be safe to assume a hardware issue?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 02:45 PM
    I would agree that loading a new radio bar file is pretty simple and might help with the issue. Only a bit of time and no physical tools necessary.

I would hope that even though you won it, that Telus would provide warranty repair. Although, that may take too long for your timing. Maybe they could provide a loaner while it is being repaired. Or if you pay, maybe expedite the shipping to your overseas location when it is fixed.

Good luck.
    03-25-14 03:07 PM
    In terms of downloading and reinstalling the radio Bar file, how would I go about doing that?

Thanks for the help so far, by the way!

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 07:33 PM
    Usually, there have been links to separate Radio Bar files in the OS Leak subforum. There might be a few to choose from.

You need a tool like Sachesi (a sticky in the leak forum) or the Playbook App Manager installed in the Chrome browser or there's another tool i forget. Not really that hard.
    03-25-14 09:51 PM