I've just taken over the BES10 admin functions at me new job. They ran a Universal device test running Android and iPhone devices. The problem I have is that two users who I now cannot rejoin to the BES, as they do not appear in the list of users. I've removed them completely from the BES and active sync, and then tried to reset them up, but I get nothing...

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    03-25-14 10:02 AM
    BDS Console, Left Pane Under Blackberry Solution Manager...User...manage Users
    Now under Center Pane Under Manager Users...Search for Users
    Display Settings for search results...Default sort criteria:...Drop down arrow...select "Queued to delete the user"
    Search

If users recently deleted appear here, permanently delete them from the BDS console.

Note: You manage Blackberry Users from the BDS console...IOS and Android Users from Universal Devie Console
    Or manage all users in Blackberry environment under Studio Console
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    03-25-14 10:41 AM
    Thanks for the reply, but the users did not appear as queued for deletion...
    03-25-14 11:45 AM
    Thanks for the reply, but the users did not appear as queued for deletion...
    Restart the BlackBerry Administration Service console service
    03-25-14 12:01 PM
    Restarted console service, logged into BDS, still can't find the users to add them back to the BES.
    Restarted the server, same thing.
    03-25-14 12:25 PM
    Restarted console service, logged into BDS, still can't find the users to add them back to the BES.
    Restarted the server, same thing.
    You are adding direct through the UDS console, or through the Management Studio console?

Also, you mention UDS above, now say BDS. Are they using BB10 devices?
    03-25-14 12:44 PM
    You are adding direct through the UDS console, or through the Management Studio console?

Also, you mention UDS above, now say BDS. Are they using BB10 devices?
    I am adding directly through BDS. They used to be on the UDS with Android, but have moved back to a Z10. I just realised the subject is misleading.
    03-25-14 01:04 PM
    Title has been updated to reflect the question.

Ok, so go into the BDS, manage users, view more criteria, Queued to delete the user, set to true, search. does ANYTHING show there?
    03-25-14 01:08 PM
    Title has been updated to reflect the question.

Ok, so go into the BDS, manage users, view more criteria, Queued to delete the user, set to true, search. does ANYTHING show there?
    Thanks for changing the title.
    No one shows as queued to delete. I've called Blackberry and they are looking into the logs, but dealing with them is quite tedious at the best of times...
    03-25-14 01:22 PM
    In the BDS, have you searched to see if the users you are trying to add are already on the BDS server? Maybe they had an account on the server all along?
    Also, verify that the users have been removed from the UDS DB...Go into UDS Console...Go to Setting...Select Work Space...Next to Work Space Status select Pending Updates...On next screen do you see the users you initially deleted from the UDS?
    03-25-14 02:47 PM
    Thanks for changing the title.
    No one shows as queued to delete. I've called Blackberry and they are looking into the logs, but dealing with them is quite tedious at the best of times...
    When searching for deleted users, or those pending delete, does it give an error? Should be at the top of the page in red letters.

Also, query or view your BDSMgmt users table. Does the user show there?
    03-25-14 04:08 PM
    In the BDS, have you searched to see if the users you are trying to add are already on the BDS server? Maybe they had an account on the server all along?
    Also, verify that the users have been removed from the UDS DB...Go into UDS Console...Go to Setting...Select Work Space...Next to Work Space Status select Pending Updates...On next screen do you see the users you initially deleted from the UDS?
    removing from UDS shouldn't have an affect on BDS. Two separate DBs remember.
    03-25-14 04:11 PM
    OP, what version of BES10 do you have installed?

Is it old, from about a year ago? The reason I ask is that in 10.0 there was a bad bug where users who had been added to BDS and then deleted were never properly deleted so they could never be re-added again (except perhaps after hacking the SQL database to delete their records, I never tried).

However, if they've only ever been UDS users before now then it's not that bug as it's a separate database for user info.

If it is a newer version if BES10 than 10.0 then the only time I've ever seen users not be available to add to BDS is either if they are already added or they are pending deletion and it hasn't done it for whatever reason.

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.2141 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.1
    03-25-14 08:17 PM
    Hi Thanks for the replies.

Finally got it working:
    KB18404-Unable to re-add a deleted BlackBerry user account to the BlackBerry Administration Service

For BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10

Under BlackBerry Solution Management.
    Click Manage Users.
    Click View more criteria.
    In the Device criteria, find the Device Status drop-down list and select Pending delete.
    Click Search.
    or

Click Manage Users.
    Click View more criteria
    In the User criteria, find the Queued to delete the user drop-down list and select True.
    Click Search.

The user can be purged from the database or removed immediately from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server services by performing the following steps:

Click the Display name of the user that is displayed when searching for user accounts that are queued for removal of BlackBerry Enterprise Server services.
    Click Immediate removal of BlackBerry services.

It was the second part with the User Criteria search, the other searches showed nothing. But now it is working and users are connected.

Thanks again!
    03-26-14 11:00 AM
    Hi Thanks for the replies.

Finally got it working:
    KB18404-Unable to re-add a deleted BlackBerry user account to the BlackBerry Administration Service

For BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10

Click Manage Users.
    Click View more criteria.
    In the Device criteria, find the Device Status drop-down list and select Pending delete.
    Click Search.
    or

Click Manage Users.
    Click View more criteria
    In the User criteria, find the Queued to delete the user drop-down list and select True.
    Click Search.

The user can be purged from the database or removed immediately from the BlackBerry Enterprise Server services by performing the following steps:

Click the Display name of the user that is displayed when searching for user accounts that are queued for removal of BlackBerry Enterprise Server services.
    Click Immediate removal of BlackBerry services.

It was the second part with the User Criteria search, the other searches showed nothing. But now it is working and users are connected.

Thanks again!
    The users were still in the Management Studio but NOT in BDS?
    03-26-14 11:52 AM
    The users were still in the Management Studio but NOT in BDS?
    No they were listed in the BDS as queued for removal (and couldn't be seen in the Management Studio either), but I could only see them by setting the "queued for removal" criteria to "true". They showed in no other searches. Once I completely removed them from the BDS, I could now re-add them with their new devices.
    03-26-14 12:03 PM
    You question was already been answered above (2nd post) by playsomekiss.
    03-27-14 07:04 PM
    You question was already been answered above (2nd post) by playsomekiss.
    Actually it was only half right, the users didn't appear with that search, the second search in the blackberry fix above is what resolved it. But it was at least in the right direction.
    03-27-14 09:44 PM