I don't know if there is something wrong with my battery or that's how they were made. But I noticed that my Z10 doesn't do well with trickle charging. When the battery is already 100% full, I use some battery heavy app while still plugged in, charge goes down to 97% and battery doesn't charge while the charger is still plugged in. Doesn't have the lightning icon on the right, but the small minuscule equal sign on the left.

Also, battery goes out of sync a lot of times. Sometimes the battery is already full despite only at 98%. Removing the charger for a while and then plugging it in again sometimes fixes this, but not everytime, where I would have to remove the battery from the phone. I'm starting to believe that it's the trickle charging that's causing the battery to go out of sync. And here I thought that bb10 doesn't need to do battery pulls anymore. Perhaps this is more of a software issue? Better battery management software?

It's not really something that bothers me a lot, but it's still something noticeable.

Also, I'm using the official OS 10.2.1.2102. And no, I will not wipe my phone. Just putting that there since a lot of people seems to be suggesting that whenever there is an issue with the phone.
    03-23-14 07:12 PM
    I don't know if there is something wrong with my battery or that's how they were made. But I noticed that my Z10 doesn't do well with trickle charging. When the battery is already 100% full, I use some battery heavy app while still plugged in, charge goes down to 97% and battery doesn't charge while the charger is still plugged in. Doesn't have the lightning icon on the right, but the small minuscule equal sign on the left.

Also, battery goes out of sync a lot of times. Sometimes the battery is already full despite only at 98%. Removing the charger for a while and then plugging it in again sometimes fixes this, but not everytime, where I would have to remove the battery from the phone. I'm starting to believe that it's the trickle charging that's causing the battery to go out of sync. And here I thought that bb10 doesn't need to do battery pulls anymore. Perhaps this is more of a software issue? Better battery management software?

It's not really something that bothers me a lot, but it's still something noticeable.

Also, I'm using the official OS 10.2.1.2102. And no, I will not wipe my phone. Just putting that there since a lot of people seems to be suggesting that whenever there is an issue with the phone.
    Try plugging it in to the wall and charge full , then pull the battery with it still plugged in then after a few min put the battery back in.
    03-23-14 07:38 PM
    Try plugging it in to the wall and charge full , then pull the battery with it still plugged in then after a few min put the battery back in.
    Yes, that works well with the battery sync, as I mentioned pulling the battery a few times. Albeit somewhat hesitantly as I don't fully know the dangers of pulling a battery from a plugged phone. But still doesn't resolve the issue of the phone's trickle charging, which is my main concern.
    03-23-14 08:00 PM
    Ya sorry I forget what my Z10 was like. I just thought I would try.

Posted on my Z30 on 10.2.1.2234
    03-23-14 08:03 PM
    I too had this issue.. changed my charger.. got it replaced as for now no problem.. hope I don't in future too... get ur charger replaced or get one BlackBerry wall charger

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 12:28 AM
    I too had this issue.. changed my charger.. got it replaced as for now no problem.. hope I don't in future too... get ur charger replaced or get one BlackBerry wall charger

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, perhaps you are right. I am currently using 3 different chargers. One that came with the phone, another from my Playbook and the third from a Galaxy S4. I'll try to check which one of the chargers caused this.

But there is something weird that I remember happening last night. Using the original charger, I plugged it in around 11PM and found it strange that at 5AM, it is only charged 90%. After it fully charged at 6AM, checked the device monitor and found out that the phone wasn't charging from 11AM to 3AM despite having the charging icon. Mind you I haven't touched the phone the whole time it was charging. It looked to me like the phone deliberately delayed the charging. Could this be a software issue? I don't know whether the charge issue is caused by the OS update or simply the cause of wear and tear.

Let me see if I can get a screen shot.

Here we go:
    Z10 battery Trickle Charging issues-img_20140324_182136.png
    03-24-14 05:23 AM