I heard Edmonton Police switching to iphone after they tested BB10, they have around 1800 phones.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 04:39 PM
    Cost most likely the biggest factor.

Z10 on Telus
    03-23-14 04:41 PM
    Damn, no good news
    Heard why?

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 04:42 PM
    Typical Edmonton...

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 04:54 PM
    I don't get how cost us the factor. Bb10 devices cheaper than iPhone and BES10 cheaper than competition. It can't be price. Likely sheep mentality and no concerns about security.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 05:13 PM
    So..... who wants to hack a major police force? announcing this is like painting a target on their back.

I live just north of edmonton and haven't seen or heard anything along these lines tho. Where did you get this info?

Posted via CB10
    MADBRADNYC and moody like this.
    03-23-14 05:17 PM
    The bad thing is American media outlets they are not leaving blackberry by them self, they keep bashing blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-23-14 05:17 PM
    One of the officers told me, any officer requests a new phone or their contract ended gets an iphone instead of blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 05:24 PM
    Any link or resource?
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    03-23-14 05:27 PM
    Typical Edmonton...

Posted via CB10

Care to elaborate?
    shaleem likes this.
    03-23-14 05:48 PM
    Damn those Mounties and their new Iphones! ; )

Z10 In action here!
    03-23-14 05:50 PM

Z10 In action here!
    They're not Mounties.

Edmonton Police Service (EPS) is a city police force.

The famous "mounties" is the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) and do not operate in Edmonton. They're a federal Police force.
    CDM76 and sirk25 like this.
    03-23-14 06:55 PM
    Care to elaborate?
    How do you have an account on crackberry!?...Anyone who visits mobilesyrup knows you troll blackberry stories. You're here for one purpose to cause trouble.

Posted via CB10
    sav22, CDM76, zyben and 2 others like this.
    03-23-14 06:55 PM

Z10 In action here!
    Mounties are issued old school flip phones, the higher ranking officers are allowed BlackBerry phones using OS7.

My sister works for the RCMP, they're cheap, things won't change anytime soon.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 07:12 PM
    Actually... the Mounties are issued BlackBerrys. The flip phones are for their General Patrols. all their special sections use BlackBerry. Some carry personal iPhone, Samsung and the z10. Winnipeg Police are issuing z30's. Edmonton are alone on this one. RCMP are using the bes7 now. They have too many BlackBerrys to just upgrade. I was told that they have upwards of 3000 BlackBerrys in British Columbia alone and 15k total.

Posted via CB10
    b0ssr00m likes this.
    03-23-14 07:41 PM
    I heard Edmonton Police switching to iphone after they tested BB10, they have around 1800 phones.

Posted via CB10
    "I heard"

thats all I needed to know.
    CDM76 and KemKev like this.
    03-23-14 07:44 PM
    The RCMP are in Edmonton as Federal. They have joint units as well. There's 3000+ Mounties in Alberta.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 07:47 PM
    I find it hard to believe that if they tested BB10, they would be so daft to switch to an Iphone. I mean 90% of people who try a Z10 would never go back to using an Iphone after they experience how terrible typing is on an Iphone, as well as the poor call quality, reception, as well as the antiquated OS (10 years out of date). I don't believe this story, the only explanation is that maybe the person testing was a hardcore Iphone sheep fanboy!
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    03-23-14 09:04 PM
    Think about it, this is a good reason to bring back the optical trackpad on some phone models with the keyboard.
    03-23-14 09:34 PM
    I find it hard to believe that if they tested BB10, they would be so daft to switch to an Iphone. I mean 90% of people who try a Z10 would never go back to using an Iphone after they experience how terrible typing is on an Iphone, as well as the poor call quality, reception, as well as the antiquated OS (10 years out of date). I don't believe this story, the only explanation is that maybe the person testing was a hardcore Iphone sheep fanboy!
    I feel the same. No offense to iPhone, but it does not stack up to BB10 in the practical sense. iPhone to me is more like an accessory rather than an on the job tool. Again, no offense....that's how I see it.