Do we have a call blocking app available now? If not, is it because BlackBerry still haven't released relevant API for this yet?

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.2141
    Last edited by aha; 03-23-14 at 09:05 AM.
    03-23-14 08:47 AM
    Pretty much, no and yes respectively
    03-23-14 08:54 AM
    I thought this was a must-have feature for all smart phones, am I in minority again?

03-23-14 09:08 AM
    A call blocker should come with the OS... It should not be a third party app.
    late006 likes this.
    03-23-14 09:15 AM
    Rogers offers this feature for their customers so I'm assuming that other carriers may also have this.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 12:37 PM
    If I remember correctly, a basic functionality is built into the OS, however your carrier can allow, disallow, or hide that function.
    It is the ability to block (ignore) calls via a known number, in other words, get a call you can choose to block it from calling again.
    But like I said, if you don't have that option or setting, then blame your carrier.
    03-23-14 06:25 PM
    I haven't heard any users around world can block incoming calls on their BB10 phones through an app or an OS setting.

So you are saying all the carriers around world are disabling this while enabling this for iPhone, Android and legacy BlackBerry phones, even though there is nothing to gain.

The stretch is too long so I am going to its BlackBerry.

03-23-14 07:35 PM
    I used to have an app on my 9900 for this. I can't believe I am not able to do this yet with the Z10.
    03-23-14 09:28 PM
    I am quite sure Rogers can't be the only one that's offering this service. I can't remember having this on my Legacy or the Androids that I've been around but there is a possibility I may have missed it because I always just use the carrier service.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 04:38 PM
    Call Blocker Pro was the app I used on my 9900. It was perfect, you had several options for blocking calls. It's sad that with BB10 we still don't have the ability to do something so simple as blocking calls from anonymous, unknown and private numbers. Not to mention blocking a specific number.

Something tells me this is not a priority for BlackBerry and it may be quite a while before we have the option to block calls.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 04:57 PM
    Call Blocker Pro was the app I used on my 9900. It was perfect, you had several options for blocking calls. It's sad that with BB10 we still don't have the ability to do something so simple as blocking calls from anonymous, unknown and private numbers. Not to mention blocking a specific number.

Something tells me this is not a priority for BlackBerry and it may be quite a while before we have the option to block calls.

Posted via CB10
    There are tons of apps that block unknown or private numbers. Just do a search on BBWorld ;-) What's missing is the ability to block specific numbers calls and I think is an API related problem..

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 05:49 PM
    What's missing is the ability to block specific numbers calls and I think is an API related problem..

Posted via CB10

It's a Blackberry Problem! IMO this is what just screams what a joke BB has become. They claim they are a business tool yet we cant get a proper call blocker to block spam and solicitation calls that every small business person gets bombarded with daily.

My wife (Small Business Owner) ditched her Q10 and went back to her 9900 because she needs a call blocker.

I'm still using my Z10 but the lack of this feature has me on the verge of also throwing in the towel.

Both our contracts are up the end of this year.

If there is not a workable call blocking app by then Blackberry will have lost us. Permanently.

Unfortunately, judging from the above Blackberry just doesn't care.
    03-27-14 11:55 AM
    in bb10 i can do this i know this is not a full functional blocker though ........ this is the trick to use in bb10 to block unknown no. ........ what i do i switch off the calls other than contacts saved in parental control and it block all the no. that are not saved in my contact list ..... this is not what i want but this helps men sometime when someone try to tease me i switch this on and just after day or two switch it off
    03-27-14 12:04 PM
    BlackBerrys fault. They can't bring their OS to be as functional as 7.1 let alone android.

Same with S4BB "smart wifi". No API.

Just make bb10 as good as bb7.1 and I'd be happy.

via CB10 using a Z10 / STL100-3 / RFK121LW / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    03-27-14 12:05 PM
    I guess none of the android apps would work, right? They certainly have enough of them available through Snap.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.2180
    03-30-14 03:34 PM
    I guess none of the android apps would work, right? They certainly have enough of them available through Snap.

I tried 3 of them and couldn't get them to work. I guess if the API isn't there for native it isn't there for android either.

So many simple things could be done to make this OS meet or beat android and iOS but nothing is being done.

This call blocker is one and the bottom row of phone and camera icon that keeps taking phantom pics and making unwanted phone calls is the other for me.

via CB10 using a Z10 / STL100-3 / RFK121LW / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    howards likes this.
    03-30-14 04:34 PM
    We should fill a petition using our blackberry ids, a feature to AT LEAST block private numbers is ESCENTIAL !
    04-08-14 03:10 AM
    in bb10 i can do this i know this is not a full functional blocker though ........ this is the trick to use in bb10 to block unknown no. ........ what i do i switch off the calls other than contacts saved in parental control and it block all the no. that are not saved in my contact list ..... this is not what i want but this helps men sometime when someone try to tease me i switch this on and just after day or two switch it off
    That's fine if you are content to receive phone calls from only your contact list (even just for a few days as you stated) . But many of us in business need to receive calls outside of the contact list as well.

aming63 likes this.
    04-08-14 10:00 AM
    I think it's shocking that my BlackBerry Q10 doesn't have a built in call blocker, not even to block unwanted calls let alone with held numbers.
    I be a black berry die hard for 5 yrs now and I'm trying to convince my friends that my BlackBerry the bomb better than I phone's,
    But how can I when a simple feature like call blocker is not a feature on the Q10. The iPhone has the feature as standard.
    Blackberry phone's are meant to be the best security phones on the market. Even president Obama has one.
    But sorry BlackBerry you got to book your ideas up ASAP.
    As this is a must feature needed!
    Not even the apps available are any good,
    So come BlackBerry (RIM) impress all your loyal users and put a call blocker as a standard feature on your next up date.
    So us that you got balls that clang!!!

Posted via CB10
    aming63 and bettyjo214 like this.
    04-10-14 03:12 PM
    I'm with rogers and they offer it. But i do agree, this shouldn't be a third party app. This should come from the OS or from your carrier.

I can't answer your question OP whether Blackberry offers the API or not. Judging by the apps in app world, I would say no. I would say no because the apps in app world appear to be all the same and blocking all calls not just individual numbers.

I get why carriers can do it, even if the API isn't given out but I can't really explain it. It's just like T-Mobile putting Wifi-Calling within the OS.
    04-10-14 03:41 PM
    I think it's shocking that my BlackBerry Q10 doesn't have a built in call blocker, not even to block unwanted calls let alone with held numbers.
    I be a black berry die hard for 5 yrs now and I'm trying to convince my friends that my BlackBerry the bomb better than I phone's,
    But how can I when a simple feature like call blocker is not a feature on the Q10. The iPhone has the feature as standard.
    Blackberry phone's are meant to be the best security phones on the market. Even president Obama has one.
    But sorry BlackBerry you got to book your ideas up ASAP.
    As this is a must feature needed!
    Not even the apps available are any good,
    So come BlackBerry (RIM) impress all your loyal users and put a call blocker as a standard feature on your next up date.
    So us that you got balls that clang!!!

Posted via CB10
    +1
    05-23-14 05:41 AM