I recently had to restore my factory settings of my bricked Z10.
    However, when I go to BB link (on MAC) to restore my last back up file, when I click Restore and say Yes to restored settings... it opens a dialogue box that says restoring my Blackberry (with the option to cancel) the blue line in preparation but then after about 30 seconds it disappears and is seemingly not connecting to the phone that is connected to the USB.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Link.
    I have tried again restoring to factory settings.
    I have tried testing to an older back up file.

I have been able to make a new back up file. Which opens up the dialogue box with the blue line and after about 15 seconds goes to the dialogue box saying backing up device... don't disconnect your device and it successfully create a new backup.

Please help with what I can do to restore my old back up file.
    Last edited by sneakygreedo; 04-01-14 at 11:23 AM.
    03-23-14 06:54 AM
    When you try to restore your backup file, does it let you choose which backup to install? Is that file on your PC?
    03-23-14 07:19 AM
    When you try to restore your backup file, does it let you choose which backup to install? Is that file on your PC?
    It let's me choose. I have chosen more than one. And files are all on my computer.
    03-23-14 07:53 AM
    I'd suggest trying Sachesi (http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...taller-825409/)
    Aside from it's other abailities, Sachesi can create/restore backups using the same .BBB format as BB Link. I havew sucessfully used it to restore backups that Link created, but could not restore.

Give it a try. Just make sure Link is closed before using Sachesi.
    sneakygreedo likes this.
    03-23-14 12:31 PM
    I have determined what the problem was. The Blackberry ID on the backup file did not match the Blackberry ID on the phone. As soon as I fired up BB Link on my PC it came up with this error message. I made sure the ID's matched and presto backup worked like a charm.

The MAC version of BB Link did not have this error message and just aborted the restore without saying why.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-01-14 11:26 AM
    how did you made sure the ID's matched?
    04-01-14 04:06 PM
    how did you made sure the ID's matched?
    When you setup a new or replacement bb10 phone you need to use the SAME BBID.
    04-01-14 06:19 PM
    When you setup a new or replacement bb10 phone you need to use the SAME BBID.
    Thats the thing i didnt change my ID its the same as far as i can remember.
    04-02-14 08:26 AM
    This is a BB security check.
    You can only restore the backup onto the same BB device, BBID, and PIN/IMEI from which it came.
    This is to prevent you from stealing the backup which is on a PC and install it on another BB.
    04-02-14 12:45 PM
    This is a BB security check.
    You can only restore the backup onto the same BB device, BBID, and PIN/IMEI from which it came.
    This is to prevent you from stealing the backup which is on a PC and install it on another BB.
    ye its the same device im trying to restore on.
    04-02-14 02:28 PM