Hi lads,

Hub is slowly reacting while I choose an e-mail tab. It takes around 2-3 seconds to open it. All is working fine with sms, watsapp, facebook and other tabs. I'm connected to corporate e-mail through active sync. The number of e-mails in the box is approx 14k(if that matters).

I'm running latest os 10.2.1.141.
    Previously it was working the same way.
    Anyone has similar issue?

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 02:19 AM
    Is the Hub actually trying to display the 14k emails? If so then that is your problem.

Posted via Z10
    03-23-14 02:32 AM
    I wonder if no corporate users are experiencing the same issue. 14k is not even n average amount of emails. What would happen when I get 100k?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 12:49 AM
    So, is this working fine for everybody? Not any delays at all?

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 07:25 AM
    So, guys, can't believe there's not any heavy e-mail users. Wonderif anyone experience same issue (delay 3-5 sec) while switching to e-mail tab in the Hub because of thousands of mails in your mailbox?

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 05:24 AM
    I have the same issue as yours! I wonder can we configure those emails to load just maybe a week before emails???

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 06:15 AM
    This started happening to me when I added a second email account. So when when I switch between email accounts or back from text to email I get a lag.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-14 07:02 AM
    So...... we still don't have a solution now yet?

Posted via CB10
    07-31-14 12:27 PM
    So, anybody can confirm this is common for heavy e-mail users or maybe even disprove? Lag during switch is now approx. 6 sec.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 03:21 PM
    I have several email accounts as well as a corporate one containing about 2 gig of mail. My hub is quick.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 03:42 PM
    Is there a way to count how many emails you have? I have always had 4 email addresses synced with my hub and it has always been quite speedy.

However, I recently installed 1mobile and a few android apps and that gradually slowed down my whole phone.

Sometimes, it will take 10 seconds to open a message. Which is disastrous.

I have been meaning to do a security wipe, but haven't had the time yet. After that, I think I will stay away from downloading too many apps. Especially since I rarely use most of them.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 04:29 PM
    I have only one mailbox, and it has 12 Gb. Slow reaction.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 04:27 AM
    A bit late into this thread but although I love the Passport after some few months quite tired of the slow switch time at times within the hub - at times 10-15 seconds. Is it some setting one need change or some glitch or simply just many thousands of emails over 2 account (had sync forever but before this post changed to 1 month to see if helps). Did anyone come on a solution to this?
    01-09-15 05:20 PM
    You can start by resetting the HUB : swipe quickly 5 times from the top right corner.
    Attachment 326326

That said, did you install an app that tinker with the hub ? One linked to custom notifications perhaps ? Like HUB++ ?
    01-09-15 07:23 PM
    Thanks 5 swipe tip and did it with seemingly some improvement although still every other switch on the Passport with 3-5 seconds to complete. Not terrible but comparing with my Q10 similar accounts very slow since Q10 normally instant or at most a second switching every time.

No tinkering with the hub or other "system" items - BB is good as is but just this hub switch lag which annoys a bit.
    01-09-15 11:10 PM
    Compared to BBOS, Hub is very slow to do everything. Nature of the beast.
    01-10-15 08:25 AM
    Still the Q10 (BB10) always speedy and smooth switches, a bit of a let down when Passport not even come close to this in HUB switches which is why wonder if a glitch my unit or just the way things are?
    01-10-15 08:21 PM
    Still the Q10 (BB10) always speedy and smooth switches, a bit of a let down when Passport not even come close to this in HUB switches which is why wonder if a glitch my unit or just the way things are?
    The OS version is different, but I think it's rather due to an app or a system malfunction. A quick hard reset may do the trick : Just keep pushing both the volume up and down rockers until the BlackBerry logo is displayed. You won't loose any data.

You can also check battery monitor to see if there is any strange battery drain or CPU high for your PIM Services. If you detect something fishy, send us some screenshots
    01-10-15 09:32 PM
    A bit late into this thread but although I love the Passport after some few months quite tired of the slow switch time at times within the hub - at times 10-15 seconds. Is it some setting one need change or some glitch or simply just many thousands of emails over 2 account (had sync forever but before this post changed to 1 month to see if helps). Did anyone come on a solution to this?
    So, I have the same problem too. One of my email accounts has about 6 GB worth of emails and switching to either the top of the HUB or the email account with all the emails takes about three seconds. Not horrible, but definitely an annoyance. I have no additional apps except for Hub Browser which I don't think would affect this. I'm running 10.3.0 something.

Just to be clear, are you saying that this behavior doesn't occur on a Q10 running 10.3? Many thanks.
    01-10-15 09:51 PM
    I perhaps am not nearly as heavy of an email user by comparison, however I don't see the need for anyone to have that many emails all on their device. I have mine kept for 30 days. I contemplated the option of having them stay indefinitely but then I realized how well 'remote search' worked and I can find emails from a year ago without any trouble. It finds an old archived email from the server about as fast as it takes you to open a new message, by the sound of it. Have you guys tried that option or is there some reason this isn't as efficient for you?

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    01-10-15 10:14 PM
    I perhaps am not nearly as heavy of an email user by comparison, however I don't see the need for anyone to have that many emails all on their device. I have mine kept for 30 days. I contemplated the option of having them stay indefinitely but then I realized how well 'remote search' worked and I can find emails from a year ago without any trouble. It finds an old archived email from the server about as fast as it takes you to open a new message, by the sound of it. Have you guys tried that option or is there some reason this isn't as efficient for you?

I was thinking of the case of when I might not have a fast connection or no connection at all, and still need to access an email from a while back (traveling overseas for instance, or on a plane). I'm not so sure how well that would work with a slow connection. What's been your experience?

I'll give remote search a go. Thanks for the tip.
    01-10-15 10:22 PM
    I was thinking of the case of when I might not have a fast connection or no connection at all, and still need to access an email from a while back (traveling overseas for instance, or on a plane). I'm not so sure how well that would work with a slow connection. What's been your experience?

I'll give remote search a go. Thanks for the tip.
    I suppose that might be an issue for some. Personally, I'm always working in the city and most of my pertinent messages are more recent. Although, if you don't have a data connection, then how are you going to use your email anyway?
    When I do have to dig through old messages for whatever reason, remote search does work very well and fast for me. If I'm overseas, I'm on leisure time and would prefer my emails to be as far from me as possible.

01-10-15 10:54 PM
    The thing about remote search is you have to know what values you're searching for. With infinite storage I can simply go to the logical folder it would be in and browse through the email headers until I find what I'm looking for.
    Last edited by Denny_Crane; 01-11-15 at 12:30 PM.
    01-11-15 05:06 AM
    Did hard reset but no change, right after reset reamin same and every other switch 3-5 seconds to complete.

Batt drain PIM after hard reset 4.9% (spiked during hard reset) but recall always at top at couple of percents and past couple of days normally 3-4%. Followed by right now display 2%, system 1.8%, standby 1% then BB Hub 0.78%.

CPU past few days around 3-5% with few spikes to 10-12% and one spike to 24% - guess some update or whatever.

Seems kind of normal computer wise, never looked to carefully on this on the passport.

Also reduced email sync to 30 days in case plays in bt nothing noticed thus far.
    01-12-15 10:33 PM
    Now even happier with my Passport after latest update 10.3.1.1581 few days back! Sure few glitches first few days but noticed yesterday former 3-5 second to shift between accounts in the hub now down too almost instant such! Go BlackBerry!
    02-21-15 07:19 PM