Have you helped get anyone to make a change from their non-BB phone to a BlackBerry?

A friend of mine (a three-time iPhone buyer) lost her most recent iPhone and was thinking of what phone to replace it with. I told her I was quite pleased with my Q10 and handed it to her to let her get a feel of it.

She must have liked it, because the next time I saw her, she had purchased a Q10 and told me she really likes the Hub feature, the longer battery life, and the great typing experience.

I'm just enjoying the fact that I managed to convince a former non-user that BlackBerry is indeed awesome.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 11:58 PM
    I converted my mom from a dumb phone to a Z10. And I don't know if this counts since she USED to have BBs back in the day (Curves), but I converted my 22 year old niece from Android to a Z10.
    stlabrat and Elite1 like this.
    03-23-14 12:04 AM
    Not yet but I did managed to get one of my friends who used blackberry bold to shift to Q10. She was about to get herself an S3.

Posted Via CB10 on Z10
    stlabrat and Elite1 like this.
    03-23-14 12:11 AM
    Re converted myself. Got me a Q10, besides the Z10 that I already have. Lol.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2234
    Elite1, wincyUt and spiculated like this.
    03-23-14 12:14 AM
    I talked my sister into buying a Z10. She Loves it. Had my father get a 9900 last year and he is very jealous of my Q10. Big learning curve for him but he is amazed at how much you can accomplish on a phone.

I have two friends that have iPhones, both want to go back to BlackBerry. One is a salesman and words can not express his dislike for that iPhone. He is in the bush all the time having to send and reply to emails, sent pictures of work sites and equipment......so much harder then his BlackBerry was.

My son and niece love iPhones because they both have an ipod touch. I was showing them how easy it was to text their friends, take pictures play games and the great sound on my Z30. They love the swiping Acton. Their biggest pet peeve was with the button on the apple products. Both of the ones they have take forever to switch between tasks.

It's not like you are brain washing anyone to switch brands, these things sell themselves.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and stlabrat like this.
    03-23-14 12:50 AM
    Not quite. The most I've been able to do...is get a really nice compliment from one of my friends when she saw my Q10 for the first time.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 12:53 AM
    I converted my mom from a dumb phone to a Z10. And I don't know if this counts since she USED to have BBs back in the day (Curves), but I converted my 22 year old niece from Android to a Z10.
    Yes that counts, good work.

Powered by BlackBerry
    03-23-14 01:49 AM
    I don't force it onto people, but I do get into it when they ask about my Z10. After the first frustrating minutes of correcting their incorrect facts about BlackBerry, it really gets fun. I love how many are shocked that BB10 gets such a bad rap after a short demo. It's up to BlackBerry to fix this, but positive word of mouth is golden for BlackBerry right now.

Powered by BlackBerry
    clickitykeys and Mecca EL like this.
    03-23-14 01:56 AM
    At least three friends over the years Two have subsequently moved to Android since though, and to be honest I wouldn't push BlackBerry now as much as I would have done in the past - I pretty much agree with Mr Chen about BlackBerry being an awesome and best in class niche.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 02:10 AM
    Yes. I made my friend's father to replace his present android phone with Z10
    03-23-14 02:15 AM
    Yes I have my all friends convert to bb10, some converted to z10 and others on q10.

Posted via CB10
    xBURK and stlabrat like this.
    03-23-14 02:17 AM
    Not quite. The most I've been able to do...is get a really nice compliment from one of my friends when she saw my Q10 for the first time.

Posted via CB10
    This has been my experience as well lol.

Posted via CB10
    Johberry likes this.
    03-23-14 02:21 AM
    bad thing is that iphone-6 will steal these people back again
    03-23-14 02:24 AM
    Yeah, made my wife get the Q5, and a couple of users from romanian Softpedia Forums to go with the Z10. All of them are extremely happy with their devices.

Posted via CB10 from my exquisite Z10 on Cosmote Romania
    DawnMills likes this.
    03-23-14 02:35 AM
    I try to convert anyone that will listen, time allowing, I even give them a comprehensive hands on demo as the saying "the test is in the tasting" or something like that. Impressed 4 colleagues converted 1. Those i- folk are nothing if not steadfast in their blind loyalty. Kind of like me and my berry goodness.

.2141 what's the difference? .1925 still the bangingest til I know any different.
    3Dee likes this.
    03-23-14 03:39 AM
    Yes, I converted my dad to Q10. My uncle to BlackBerry OS 7 Bold device. I own a Z30

Posted via CB10
    xBURK and acovey like this.
    03-23-14 04:09 AM
    The real question is has John Chen?
    xBURK, BKA22 and Berry_Pink like this.
    03-23-14 04:14 AM
    The real question is has John Chen?
    I'd probably say yes - me. Recently bought a Q5 and don't think I'd have done that without the Chenmiester saying all the right things.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Mecca EL and wincyUt like this.
    03-23-14 04:21 AM
    I have converted a few folks over and back to BlackBerry and OS10. Once I show them the great features of OS10 being the Hub, Peek, Swiping and the Gesture concept, they are sold. The main complaint I have had is customer and product support.

Folks are concerned about the future of the company's presence here in the USA? I can't honestly blame them based on what I have seen here in the last year.

Until we see some advertising and/or someone up there in Waterloo come out and tell us they are going to be here for the long haul, the concerns are still going to exist.

I will continue to preach the brand here using my z10 and so to be another z30. Only time will tell.

Sent from my SM-N900T using CB Forums mobile app
    Mecca EL and milo53 like this.
    03-23-14 04:27 AM
    I'm pushing someone to get a BB10 after losing her Sony. She got a dumbdroid anyway for half the price of a Z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 04:28 AM
    The guy at the Telstra shop who sold me my z30 a few months back. I converted

He asked why I had insisted on the z30. I opened the box and put my sim in and gave him a quick tour. He was impressed, he really liked the fell and gestures and told me he was going to replace his Samsung s4 the z30 as his contact expired.

Posted via CB10
    xBURK and Gatmyer like this.
    03-23-14 04:41 AM
    I've taken it on myself to convert everybody!

Seriously, I am a consultant and MDaemon reseller. I have some clients that listen to me and some that don't. I almost always recommend BlackBerry and explain why and show them, in some cases, I let them try one for a few days. I always have extras for backup or testing.

I had a Bold 9650, a Bold 9930 and loved that a lot.
    When the Z10 came out, I bought it and showed it around, but told people to wait until some of the bugs were worked out. A few clients got them and when the Q10 came out, I jumped on it, that's my favorite after the 9930 because I really need better text editing like the 9930 has.

I bought my two daughters slightly used Z10's to replace their Bold 9930's, not sure if that counts... haha.

last month I had a client with a BlackBerry Torch 9850 who's contract was up and he was asking about the Z10 or Z30. I loaned him a Z10 for a few days to play with it, but he couldn't find a Z30 in any of the Verizon stores in our area (North Western Washington State). I actually used my last upgrade to buy a Z30, just so I could try it out and let him compare. He went with the Z10.
    At the same time, another guy in his office had a Samsung GS3 that was having a lot of power button problems. Even though he wasn't due for an upgrade and had to pay a lot, he went with the Z30.

I've also got another client with an iPhone that said he wants a Z30 also, but he hasn't actually ordered it yet, so I can't count it yet.

I do get a lot of questions and I often provide support to some degree, so I finally put together a Power Point presentation to help persuade people towards BlackBerry, or at least educate them a little bit.
    http://www.sv-cs.com/SmartPhones/Which_Smart_Phone.pptx if anybody wants to look.
    03-23-14 06:07 AM
    I have probably about 10 people converted to BlackBerry 10. I use these points the most.

USB mass storage and file manager makes it easy to move things to and from your BlackBerry compared to apple

Standard cables and chargers are better and less expensive than apple

The keyboard

BBM video

I shoe them the apps I have, I keep candy crush snapchat, instagram etc on my phone just to show people BlackBerry is also a better android than most androids.

Posted via CB10
    xBURK and stlabrat like this.
    03-23-14 06:39 AM
    Yes converted an iphone user to Z30 and Android user to Z10. Many of my friends love my Z30 and say they will get one when their contract is up.
    stlabrat likes this.
    03-23-14 07:59 AM
    I have converted this android lady by showing her all the bb1p features, I also convinced this other guy who was stuck with touch wiz to change to BlackBerry. I am gonna make my mu by a z3

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 08:01 AM
185 123 ...