Last 2 days my Z10 reboot few times a day and significant battery drain. But today is the worst, every few minutes...and the battery as at 83% stated it can only lasts 2 hours -and continually reboot.

No abnormal system & apps running.

Last I remember I did update latest Facebook update. Does it relate?

I am away from home and really annoyed.
    Any advise, uninstall fb maybe?

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 11:27 PM
    Have you updated your OS to the latest version?
    03-22-14 11:30 PM
    Yep, definitely look at what's changed, uninstall FB, and if that doesn't help, I'd look at a backup and security wipe.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 11:31 PM
    Done removed fb last night.
    Done install and kill android not much really using task killer.
    Down to 3g/2g only.
    Off locations.

This morning it still reboot every now and then the quickest is just 2 minutes idle.

Not much program running, maybe just a little bit of BBM & whatsapp, beside email and Crackberry forum...

Does my phone faulty?

Kindly advise, thanks in advance.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 07:59 PM
    You don't specify but I'm guessing you're USA so maybe recently got the 10.2.1 update?
    No matter, it sounds much like you have an unstable OS install, probably caused by a flaky OTA update - these seem to be a problem with OS10.
    Do you have a Windows computer at your disposal? If so, backup whatever you need, then hook up your Z10 and select the 'reload OS' feature. This should make for a nice, clean OS install. If you don't have link, download the autoloader for the latest official OS10 version for your region, and re-flash the OS that way.
    I have updated my phone 2 or 3 times using OTA, and each time I end up having to install the OS from scratch because the phone becomes unstable. Turn off the automatic update features. BlackBerry seem intent on jumping the shark in terms of consumer credibility.
    Z 10 is a great phone though, and certainly better than the alternatives!

Posted via CB10
    03-23-14 09:16 PM
    Noted and many thanks.

No not from US, Malaysia.

Update twice OTA but I'll try reload through Windows. Will it erase my exchange email setting?

Thanks a lot.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 01:39 AM
    Yes, reinstalling the OS either via Link or an autoloader will remove ALL your user settings. You could try a settings-only backup before you reinstall, then restore the settings. I would recommend that you don't though, if there's a problem with your current OS install, restoring parts of it to your new build is probably to be avoided.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 10:12 AM
    Done restore to manufacturing default with latest update through Windows instead of OTA.

At first everything went well and I install Crackberry & Snap.
    Reconfigure my exchange email, log in to native fb.
    Nothing much and play here and there.

Once I check on the Device Status it stated 2 hours ++ left battery life at 44%. Not really good.
    But so far so good.

After about an hour the reboot and turn off reoccur much to my annoyance.
    So I suspect this is due to the physical hardware and will bring to the centre in an hour time.

Anyway thanks guys.....at least I try.
    03-25-14 12:20 AM
    Here's what I want you to do... when your device is on and running, drop your device on your bed. Make it bounce. Drop it on the bottom, sides and on the top from a height of 7 inches.

I think your battery isn't intact hence the reboot.

If that's the case, you'll need to find a way to shock the battery in place.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 02:16 AM
    Here's what I want you to do... when your device is on and running, drop your device on your bed. Make it bounce. Drop it on the bottom, sides and on the top from a height of 7 inches.
    Posted via CB10
    Done, not on bed rather on marble. Let see if it helps.
    03-25-14 05:00 AM
    Yaayy after nearly three (3) weeks at the Blackberry Centre (where they send over to a factory) I finally get my unit back.

Noticed that the BBM ID is changed due to motherboard replacement. But they also change the screen as well. Looks new.

Now I am updating its firmware and let see if the problem is settled.

Guess it is really hardware problem.....
    FF22 likes this.
    04-21-14 01:09 AM
    I hope it is working right now.
    04-21-14 01:33 AM
    I hope it is working right now.
    After four days of observation I would say it working just fine. After overnight charged I managed to get 8-9 Hours at the Status but actual battery juice just lasted me nearly 7 hours on daily basis -which I think is fair.

Already OFF the location and half-bright display. Its OK I guess.

To avoid caught off guard again I install InTouchApp Contact to back up my contacts online at ease. Really like this App.

THe only regret is that I can't find my Word game through the BlackBerry World any longer. Don't remember the name. But it free.
    And its involve you string word to make it a sentence. The world has to be neighbor (either left right up down or / \ ). Frustrated.
    Then its unlock your achievement etc etc.

Back to normal and I love my Z10.
    04-23-14 11:05 PM