I bought an android phone just under a year ago, no more BlackBerry phones for me. I can connect the phone to my car for phone and music streaming. I can connect it to my bluetooth equipped home cinema amplifier for streaming music. But I can't tether my PlayBook to my phone. It asks for "a wireless service profile to connect to the internet through this device" with a huge list of carriers. Why can't it just tether like other devices without going through this rigmarole?
    03-21-14 06:39 PM
    If you have VZW, it is not possible to tether by BT with android. I think that is the advantage of Bridge with a BBRY phone. With android, you have to do wifi hotspots with FoxFi to connect the PB to your phone data.
    03-21-14 07:19 PM
    I bought an android phone just under a year ago, no more BlackBerry phones for me. I can connect the phone to my car for phone and music streaming. I can connect it to my bluetooth equipped home cinema amplifier for streaming music. But I can't tether my PlayBook to my phone. It asks for "a wireless service profile to connect to the internet through this device" with a huge list of carriers. Why can't it just tether like other devices without going through this rigmarole?
    What are you trying to do? Use the Android device's data for internet access on the Playbook, or you are simply linking both device via bluetooth?
    03-21-14 07:45 PM
    Only way I was able to connect to my galaxy s2 for data was by Wifi. Set s2 up as Wifi hub in settings (or whatever it's called) and then playbook just connects to it for data...

Posted via CB10
    Mickrick likes this.
    03-22-14 02:47 AM
    Yeah trying to tether to my phone for data.
    03-26-14 01:31 PM
    Didn't even know this was possible

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 11:09 AM
    Yeah just set up a wi-fi hot spot on the phone then connect to it using the PB
    03-30-14 08:22 PM