Except their Waterloo campus which was already sold to the University of Waterloo in exchange for a position at the university for Thorsten Heins. With almost all functions outsourced or off-shored the company is thrashing in shark infested waters.

Posted via the BlackBerry Q5 using CB10.
    milo53 and richardat like this.
    03-21-14 05:59 PM
    1. Most of us were already well informed of this plan to sell real estate.

2. It either suddenly dawned on you that BB is in some rough times or you are just here to remind us one more time.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    03-21-14 06:12 PM
    1. Most of us were already well informed of this plan to sell real estate.

2. It either suddenly dawned on you that BB is in some rough times or you are just here to remind us one more time.
    Don't be a jerk. There are some BlackBerry users who aren't constantly following every announcement from BlackBerry especially when their action plans take months to realise. Yes, I knew about the real estate sale plans because it began while I was working for the company. Did you ever work for Research In Motion / BlackBerry?

03-21-14 08:32 PM
    Is selling in return for a position for your CEO actually acceptable for a public company? Or was it not quite as blatant as that?
    03-21-14 08:35 PM
    Is selling in return for a position for your CEO actually acceptable for a public company? Or was it not quite as blatant as that?
    According to this they paid $41M:

https://uwaterloo.ca/news/news/unive...erry-buildings

Wonder if that's fair for the area?

Heins does have a position there, but Watsa is also Chancellor there. And Lazaridis' wife is there also. None of that surprising considering BlackBerry is probably the biggest company ever in the area, right?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    Last edited by app_Developer; 03-21-14 at 09:07 PM.
    03-21-14 08:53 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, they are selling a few properties, then turning around and leasing them from the new owners.
    03-21-14 09:30 PM
    If I'm not mistaken, they are selling a few properties, then turning around and leasing them from the new owners.
    That would make sense. In the University of Waterloo case, they sold 5 buildings and leased 2 of them back.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    03-21-14 10:25 PM
    They are not selling ALL property, qwerty4ever. They are selling a very large chunk, and then leasing back the needed space. That's a big difference from your headline.
    03-21-14 10:30 PM
    Under the Harper Regime the elite are exempt from regulations and laws. Heck even the infamous (Rob Ford and Justin Beiber) can run amok of the law whilst the justice system doesn't require them to hand over their passport much less nary raises an eyebrow.
    03-21-14 11:16 PM
    Three million square feet is not a few properties; it is a significant percentage of their remaining real estate holdings. Leasing back one floor of a six floor building iin a multiple building complex sold off by BlackBerry. You need to stop using that "new math" which emphasises feeling good about yourself over critical thinking skills development.
    03-21-14 11:21 PM
    Under the Harper Regime the elite are exempt from regulations and laws. Heck even the infamous (Rob Ford and Justin Beiber) can run amok of the law whilst the justice system doesn't require them to hand over their passport much less nary raises an eyebrow.
    Did you resign from BlackBerry to be a full time axe grinder? Jeeze

Posted via CB10
    Foreverup and CerveloJohn like this.
    03-21-14 11:22 PM
    Three million square feet is not a few properties; it is a significant percentage of their remaining real estate holdings. Leasing back one floor of a six floor building iin a multiple building complex sold off by BlackBerry. You need to stop using that "new math" which emphasises feeling good about yourself over critical thinking skills development.
    You being a jerk doesn't help prove your point. Square feet doesn't mean anything. You can over build anything with tons of useless space. I can make a bathroom 100 Sq. Feet, that doesn't mean it serves more of a purpose than a 20 Sq. Ft. Bathroom. Im well versed in management and real estate, so why don't you settle down your assumptions. The costs associated with owning a building rather than leasing space are enormous. There is no new math here, it's common sense, but your agenda is clouding your judgement.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-14 12:57 AM
    Don't be a jerk. There are some BlackBerry users who aren't constantly following every announcement from BlackBerry especially when their action plans take months to realise. Yes, I knew about the real estate sale plans because it began while I was working for the company. Did you ever work for Research In Motion / BlackBerry?

How am I the jerk? I'm just confused as to what the whole splashing in shark infested waters line was about? How are you discussing anything new in your OP? Just because not everyone follows what BlackBerry is doing does not mean you have to make such a pointless thread about it and then your only comment is that BlackBerry is in shark infested waters with no other explanation. Good grief.
    03-22-14 10:51 AM
    How am I the jerk? I'm just confused as to what the whole splashing in shark infested waters line was about? How are you discussing anything new in your OP? Just because not everyone follows what BlackBerry is doing does not mean you have to make such a pointless thread about it and then your only comment is that BlackBerry is in shark infested waters with no other explanation. Good grief.
    Eddy I was being hyperbolic and in so doing I overstepped the boundary of civil discourse. I sincerely apologise for name calling.

03-22-14 05:59 PM