I saw another thread asking about a wireless addon but I can't seem to find it...so anyways, here are some pictures if anyone is curious how it works or looks on a Z30. Unfortunately it does tie up your USB port, however if you find wireless charging more convenient and use wifi to access your device for transfers ,this is not a bad option.
    Attached Thumbnails Add on Wireless Charging to Z30 (Non-Verizon Models)-5.jpg   Add on Wireless Charging to Z30 (Non-Verizon Models)-4.jpg   Add on Wireless Charging to Z30 (Non-Verizon Models)-3.jpg   Add on Wireless Charging to Z30 (Non-Verizon Models)-2.jpg   Add on Wireless Charging to Z30 (Non-Verizon Models)-1.jpg  

03-21-14 12:46 PM
    neat idea. does it work with oem back cover or oem leather flip case cover? i'm really interested in this to save me from cutting the oem leather flip case to charge my phone at night
    03-21-14 12:54 PM
    May I ask where this was from and the price? Would like to get one my self

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 02:17 PM
    The receiver does fit under the OEM back cover which is what I have done...there is a slight bulge where the coil is though. You can also just toss it between your phone and the case (if you use one) the OEM cover will still clip back on with no issues if you do it this way. The wire to the mini usb connector is super thin.

You can order them anywhere really. Amazon sells lots of them but they cost more...

This is where I got mine:

Universal QI Wireless Charging Charger Receiver Pad Coil for micro USB mobile Free Shipping-in Chargers & Docks from Electronics on Aliexpress.com

Took a while to receive but was in no rush. If you do purchase, for the Z30, remember to ask for Micro USB connection A( narrow-interface Up)
    EchuOkan1, z3user and BACK-2-BLACK like this.
    03-21-14 02:27 PM
    Thanks for the link. It appears to be 650mah so would take forever to charge (over night)
    03-21-14 02:51 PM
    I think in general wireless does take longer to charge.

My phone was at 88% and charged to full in roughly half hour. Just handy to have at your desk if your phone is sitting there doing nothing. It might has well be charging instead.

That being said, z30 easily lasts the whole day so overnight charging doesn't bother me either.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and Intense Soul like this.
    03-21-14 02:56 PM
    Yea. my battery last me all day as well and i usually only charge it right before bed. i'll look more into this. thank you for bringing this to my attention.
    03-21-14 03:12 PM
    Now! Will it work through a otter box?! Or will it be the reason I can get rid of this big clunky case!

Posted via CB10

Just read the site a bit and it says
    Output : DC5V/650mA (Average)
    Charging current : DC5V/500mA (Average)

Does that mean it only charges at 500? The Z30 wall adapter say 850 :s
    Last edited by Enzetsu; 03-21-14 at 10:54 PM.
    03-21-14 06:24 PM
    Does this have an effect on nfc?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 03:22 AM
    Nice. Thanks for sharing. I did this a few months ago but with a more bulky adaptor. I like the way yours looks.

White Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925 = heaven.
    04-29-14 06:39 PM
    Have you noticed any issues with the NFC? I was planning on getting a Qi wireless charging dock, that holds my phone up without those clamps and wanted to add an NFC tag that way I wouldn't have to plug my phone in during navigation...
    08-14-14 11:35 AM
    3 questions:

- Does this interfere with the NFC?
    - There seem to be 2 options (a&b), which one would the Z30 use?
    - seems the cable comes out the top, any issues with folding the cable over?

A slow climb to the top is always more rewarding. Sent using my BlackBerry Z10.
    09-29-14 12:38 PM
    The receiver does fit under the OEM back cover which is what I have done...there is a slight bulge where the coil is though. You can also just toss it between your phone and the case (if you use one) the OEM cover will still clip back on with no issues if you do it this way. The wire to the mini usb connector is super thin.

You can order them anywhere really. Amazon sells lots of them but they cost more...

This is where I got mine:

Universal QI Wireless Charging Charger Receiver Pad Coil for micro USB mobile Free Shipping-in Chargers & Docks from Electronics on Aliexpress.com

Took a while to receive but was in no rush. If you do purchase, for the Z30, remember to ask for Micro USB connection A( narrow-interface Up)
    Thank you for the info. Will order one today. I have been looking at accessories like this, but was wondering if they worked for the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 12:55 PM