Not sure where to post this one. Given that BB10 has the fastest browser, how can BlackBerry be missed in this study?

http://www.netradar.org/top-150-devices.pdf

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 11:22 AM
    I'll move this to News & Rumors for lack of a better place.

It's sad that BB isn't included, but a sign of the company's perceived stature to many. Hopefully they really are on a road to recovery.

PS where in Vancouver are you? I live in Steveston and my office is downtown.
    03-20-14 11:49 AM
    Just installed there app through snap, and I would guess part of the problem with BB10 not being included is the lack of an actual BlackBerry version of the app. Seems odd to exclude if this is supposed to be a true comparison of devices, but I guess popularity dictates availability. Even the Nokia 1520 is on the list and it is younger than most BB10 devices!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 12:48 PM
    Not sure where to post this one. Given that BB10 has the fastest browser, how can BlackBerry be missed in this study?

http://www.netradar.org/top-150-devices.pdf

Posted via CB10
    What does the browser speed have to do with download speeds? The metric isn't how quickly a browser can process and render data. It's a project that measures data rates.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    03-20-14 01:35 PM
    A browser can only be as fast as its Internet connection. I don't think the fastest browser can achieve that rank if the phone it's on is also not fast with respect to download speed.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 06:02 PM
    A browser can only be as fast as its Internet connection. I don't think the fastest browser can achieve that rank if the phone it's on is also not fast with respect to download speed.

Posted via CB10
    If you can find a browser benchmark review that is limited by connection speed go at it but I think your search will be fruitless. On a desktop watching my connection speed monitor, web browsing rarely requires more than a few MB/s except when caching video. Browsing benchmarks are about implementation of various browser engines (Gecko, Webkit, Blink,Trident).
    03-20-14 06:44 PM