Have you guys heard of we chat?

WeChat sees resurgent growth, now has 355 million active users

Parent company tencent reported they have now 355 million users around the world, which means they are 2nd to whatsapp.

This app exists in native form for bb10.

It already had push to talk, stickers, a built in social network called moments, voice and video calls before BBM.

They also have a local search for people who want to make friends nearby (using gps)

Get this. On iOS I can receive voice and video calls even when the app is completely closed.

I know because I tried it between my Q10 and iphone 5. The voice and video are also of very good quality.

Dont even let me start on group functions.

Why cant BBM do the same?

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    03-19-14 05:05 PM
    Have you guys heard of we chat?

WeChat sees resurgent growth, now has 355 million active users

Parent company tencent reported they have now 355 million users around the world, which means they are 2nd to whatsapp.

This app exists in native form for bb10.

It already had push to talk, stickers, a built in social network called moments, voice and video calls before BBM.

They also have a local search for people who want to make friends nearby (using gps)

Get this. On iOS I can receive voice and video calls even when the app is completely closed.

I know because I tried it between my Q10 and iphone 5. The voice and video are also of very good quality.

Dont even let me start on group functions.

Why cant BBM do the same?

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    Because it came out in 2010 ….. but to be fair, we chat is a bit boring and bbm will definitely meet and pass we chat and Whatsapp.. BBM isn't even a year old yet and it has voice, channels, groups, and will be getting more action packed features soon.. compare apples to apples not a app in its infancy vs. an app thats been around for 3 years
    03-19-14 05:43 PM
    7C461086 add me up

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-19-14 08:22 PM
    I am not ready to use a Chinese app for personal conversations. It's almost a given their government will eventually use it maliciously

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 12:05 AM