So I've already ruled out the Bold due to AT&T (bleh) and was really just going to get the Storm till I was bored and wandered into a T-Mobile shop. The form factor is really nice, I compared it to my 8330 and it really works well for me. The sort of thing I'd just drop in my pocket and not worry about it. Plus that wifi calling feature would be huge for me at home where my coverage is poor with all carriers so far. Otherwise I could care less about wifi but with that feature it makes it such that I could go with a 600 minute plan instead of a 900 or higher. Plus the myfaves would allow me to program in my con call number where I spend most of my minutes each month even further reducing my need for minutes. Only big thing I'd miss is GPS and I have a Garmin handheld and my company doesn't care if I get the GPS option with my rental car but still those location based searches are nice.

So what are your thoughts? Crazy not to get the Storm? Crazy to get it? How well does the T-mobile wifi calling actually work (I've got good DSL at home)?
    11-07-08 04:36 PM
    VoIP works great.

it depends on what your looking for. t-mo has by far the cheapest plans
    But if cost is not an issue and verizon's 3G works well in your area I would most def go storm
    If verizon's service sucks in your area, and you don't plan on full html web browsing (wap/mobile sites work great). Get the flip

Also, I love the flip form factor. If you don't like the way it looks/feels you won't be happy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-08 07:10 PM
    Well honestly my company will reimburse up to about 120$ a month for my phone bill so cost isn't a huge factor. But in general most cell phone companies have bad coverage at my house, hence the wifi calling.

I don't really browse the web much at all except for the rare Google search fore pure informational gathering. The main apps, other than mail/gmail, I use on my curve are superpages, viigo, and worldmate.

My other problem is my Sprint 30day return expires on the 14th... so the Storm is potentially available the day after that but I'm traveling the week after that and need a Blackberry so if it gets delayed I'm hozed.
    11-07-08 07:55 PM
    Aye but if you test the flip for the 14 days on tmo return it and *then* try the storm... You'll cover the gap. I'm not one to play games with carriers but if you want to try both it's a thought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-08 12:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD