I am learning to use the picture password, but it is still hit and miss for me. I could not find an option to disable wiping the phone if I get the password wrong too many time.

Is there an option for this ?
    Is it possible to switch to other password screen if you can't get picture password to work ?

Thanks.
    03-18-14 04:07 PM
    I think I saw in another thread that after the max # of attempts it then asks for the device password (if you have one set up). So as long as you know that you would be ok. The person who started the thread didn't know their device password.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-14 04:10 PM
    Can't disabled the wipe, but after a certain number of fails, it falls back to your numeric/aplhanumeric password

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    PowderJockey likes this.
    03-18-14 04:10 PM
    I think I saw in another thread that after the max # of attempts it then asks for the device password (if you have one set up).
    You have to set up a device password in order to enable picture password.
    03-18-14 04:14 PM
    Oh ok thanks. Now I am not worried.

FWIW, if it were up to me, I might add the option to disable the wipe, I have a four year old son that plays games on my phone. OTOH, I suppose if it were possible to disable, someone would figure out a hack through the software to disable it.
    Last edited by lactose; 03-18-14 at 04:21 PM. Reason: ja
    03-18-14 04:19 PM
    after 4 attempts at failing pic password device resorts back to device password, i was scared to try pic password as well. Soon as i found out i sucked at it device password kicked in and i turned it off.
    03-18-14 04:22 PM
    what os is this pic password on? I'm on AT&T without update
    03-18-14 04:28 PM

Canada BBM channel C001234A4
    03-18-14 04:30 PM
    Version 10.2.1

edit
    Too slow
    03-18-14 04:31 PM
    First you select a picture you want to use. Next you select a number 0-9. When unlocking the phone, your picture appears covered with numbers. I think you are supposed to locate your number then you drag it to a another location on the picture (that you previously selected) then it unlocks. If you get it wrong five times it switches to the regular "enter the password" dialog box. So far I never get it right the first attempt, and about half of the time I get it in less than five attempts. I am giving it a chance because it would be cool if I could learn to operate it.
    03-19-14 10:52 AM
    When you drag your number you picked, you can touch anywhere on the screen and move the numbers until the one you need lands on the right spot... hope this helps!
    03-19-14 11:09 AM
    I will add that when you drag it, you don't have to be touching it directly... it just needs to land on the right spot

Posted via CB10
    +1

At first I was trying to unlock it by dragging the number I chose, but that made it difficult to land it in the right place and I needed several attempts to succeed. Since I found out that you can drag the numbers by touching anywhere on the screen, I always get it right on the first try.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 11:19 AM
    That is a good point, being able to press any number and move as long as your selected number moves to your selected location. That's why it is secure. I am getting better at it.
    03-20-14 04:06 PM
    Numerous threads about the picture password freezing and locking the phone. Only way out was reload the OS. This was on some of the early 10.2 leaks. Don't know if they got it sorted out but I'm very leery of using it.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 05:58 PM
    Numerous threads about the picture password freezing and locking the phone. Only way out was reload the OS. This was on some of the early 10.2 leaks. Don't know if they got it sorted out but I'm very leery of using it.

Posted via CB10
    What is stopping you from using it, then?

03-20-14 07:05 PM
    Another good reminder to back up your phone on a regular basis. You never know when it will come in handy.
    03-20-14 07:11 PM
    What is stopping you from using it, then?

This

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=882021
    03-20-14 07:32 PM
    Oh ok thanks. Now I am not worried.

FWIW, if it were up to me, I might add the option to disable the wipe, I have a four year old son that plays games on my phone. OTOH, I suppose if it were possible to disable, someone would figure out a hack through the software to disable it.
    If you disable the wipe, it's open to brute force.

Posted via CB10
    hantudurian likes this.
    03-20-14 07:36 PM
    I think I saw in another thread that after the max # of attempts it then asks for the device password (if you have one set up). So as long as you know that you would be ok. The person who started the thread didn't know their device password.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for this. I disabled pic password because i was getting a bit nervous with it as well. It was a hit and miss and I thought after 10 attempts my device would wipe itself clean. I have a device password so I think I might give it a try again. Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 07:53 PM
    Thanks for this. I disabled pic password because i was getting a bit nervous with it as well. It was a hit and miss and I thought after 10 attempts my device would wipe itself clean. I have a device password so I think I might give it a try again. Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    Ya man. I have the pic password set up. One time only, it gave me grief and reverted the the set device password. Just make sure, as mentioned, you remember it otherwise you're screwed. lol
    vagos2006 likes this.
    03-20-14 08:00 PM
    I am learning to use the picture password, but it is still hit and miss for me. I could not find an option to disable wiping the phone if I get the password wrong too many time.

Is there an option for this ?
    Is it possible to switch to other password screen if you can't get picture password to work ?

Thanks.
    I set it up for 10 attempt, will ask you to enter " blackberry" and than password after 5 wrong attempt with picture password.
    03-20-14 08:27 PM
    Ya man. I have the pic password set up. One time only, it gave me grief and reverted the the set device password. Just make sure, as mentioned, you remember it otherwise you're screwed. lol
    Thanks man. Yeah I know what you mean. Lol!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-14 09:11 PM
    Picture password is risky way of locking the phone...if our child by mistake tries to open the phone ..its possible we may wiped out from our data

Infact the phone should get locked without deleting our data

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 01:31 AM