Basically I've been using an android and it sucks. I've always loved my older blackberrys from the curves to the torches. I have never owned a bold of any kind though. Just want opinions on which I should, bold or the Q10.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-17-14 06:34 PM
    Basically I've been using an android and it sucks. I've always loved my older blackberrys from the curves to the torches. I have never owned a bold of any kind though. Just want opinions on which I should, bold or the Q10.

Well actually I have both phones and they are both great devices, but I think you should go with the Q10 is new os is great once you get the hang of it. On a side note have you checked out the Z30 it's is absolutely fantastic, just my opinion.
    mralgi, Eustis99 and Johberry like this.
    03-17-14 06:42 PM
    I have seen the Z30 and do like it. Only thing is I'm on tmobile which doesn't have the it. Last time I got a phone from other carriers unlocked, the phone barely worked and I only got edge speeds. Needless to say I don't want to risk that again hahaha.

anon721037 and fryk like this.
    03-17-14 07:17 PM
    I have seen the Z30 and do like it. Only thing is I'm on tmobile which doesn't have the it. Last time I got a phone from other carriers unlocked, the phone barely worked and I only got edge speeds. Needless to say I don't want to risk that again hahaha.

Don't blame you, I actually like the keyboard on the 9900 better, but with the new os and keyboard on the Q is great also. I think you would like the newer os over the old it just makes sense.
    03-17-14 07:22 PM
    I've used both and they have their pros and cons:

Q10: bb10. I've used so many devices, and bb10 is one of my favorites. You can get android apps etc.

The feel: it's got a very nice feel and weight. I never want to put it down

Battery: Although could've been better, no complaints. Lasts me at least a day.

Side buttons: Both the volume and power buttons are much clickier especially power button, note that the bold has an extra convenience key on the bottom right.

Now for the bold:

Keyboard: I find the keyboard to be better on the bold. It's clickier, and that curved keyboard does wonders for me.

Screen: don't get me wrong, the screen on the q10 is awesome, but it's always on and pretty dim auto brightness, the poor viewing angles, the odd resolution, and the oversaturation makes me wish for the bold sometimes

Design: the design on the bold is hands down the best I've seen. The chrome trim and the organic shape of the handset definentely makes it a looker. The design on the q10 is although elegant, not as flamboyant as the bold.

Well that's just my 2 cents on both devices. You are free to choose whichever. Both are great devices with great keyboards and operating systems.

Q10
    Eustis99, Tech Idiot and andy957 like this.
    03-17-14 07:37 PM
    Damn that message I just typed up would've taken me so fking long if I were using a virtual keyboard. Thank god I got the. Q10 over the iphone 5. No regrets whatsoever. Although I am alternating between this and moto x. My moto x has better battery life which is slightly annoying.

Q10
    03-17-14 07:38 PM
    You said you can put android apps on it, is that a difficult process or not so much? I really only use instagram and banking apps. Games not so much.

03-17-14 07:42 PM
    You said you can put android apps on it, is that a difficult process or not so much? I really only use instagram and banking apps. Games not so much.

It's a very easy thing to put the apps on your phone.

Posted on my z30 running 10.2.1.2228
    03-17-14 07:46 PM
    You can do it from the browser so it's fairly simple.

Star Wars fan? Come join us C00121E8E
    03-17-14 07:46 PM
    Banking apps are overated just make a shortcut to the desktop on your Q10 and most banks have mobile sites same as the app. No problem accessing wellsfargo and usaa from the browser.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-14 07:49 PM
    Okay thanks everybody, I appreciate it! I'll go with the Q. Only problem I see is actually getting it from T-Mobile since they're biased against.

Nemzy likes this.
    03-17-14 07:53 PM
    I don't think it should be that hard to get it from them, and they already released the latest update so be sure to update your device!

Star Wars fan? Come join us C00121E8E
    03-17-14 08:00 PM

Have you ever hear about the moto x? Its an amazing phone and its android, I don't know what you don't like about android >:c

Sent from my XT1058 using CB Forums mobile app
    03-18-14 06:16 PM
    I got my Q10 today and loving it! Glad I went with it, thanks guys!

Posted via CB10
    anon(8063781) and Johberry like this.
    03-18-14 10:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    Congrats! Although I still have my 9900 and think the keyboard superior, I'm glad I upgraded to the Q10 when I did a month ago. Enjoy yours!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 03:24 AM
    The Q10 is less of an 'upgrade' to the 9900 than a new direction. The keyboard without trackpad is disorientating and unsatisfying. Rumour has it a new Q device is being released soon that has keyboard, trackpad and OS 10. It could well be a hit.
    03-19-14 07:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    Congrats I took t-mobile up on their trade in last month for a Q10 and couldn't be happier. Love the battery life as well compared to my 9900 that I have as a backup.
    Eustis99 likes this.
    03-19-14 12:24 PM
    The Q10 is less of an 'upgrade' to the 9900 than a new direction. The keyboard without trackpad is disorientating and unsatisfying. Rumour has it a new Q device is being released soon that has keyboard, trackpad and OS 10. It could well be a hit.
    Oh yeah I heard about that, I'm psyched for it! I miss that track pad!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-14 09:36 PM
    Oh yeah I heard about that, I'm psyched for it! I miss that track pad!

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Q20 | CrackBerry.com
    03-20-14 12:57 PM